Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    He is to the Horde what Anduin Wrynn is to the Alliance
    Worthless idiot?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Not what im saying, i agree its possible and allowed in lore that a non orc can become Warchief. Would the players accept him, No.
    Would he truly be the leader? Maybe in books. The truth is we will sit in orgimmar no matter what and thats where our warchief will be in the capital city, and im pretty sure the leader of the Taurens wouldn't feel comfortable living without his people and being forced to stay in the city of the Orcs.
    your statement about players accepting him is nothing but an opinion. maybe a majority wouldnt accept him or maybe only a minority wouldnt accept them, we dont know.

its not possible that whoever the next warchief is cant take over and rule from garrosh's chambers? you dont think that if a tauren or a troll took over there wouldnt be troll or tauren guards in the throne room? is there a law somewhere that the leader of the horde has to be located in orgimmar? orgimmar is a capital city but thunderbluff is also considered a capital city, undercity is also considered a capital city.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I just dont see it happening right now, i am not saying it is impossible. Besides, Blizzard did say that they want Warcraft to continue to be about Orcs vs Humans even when other races are invovled.
    And how does Vol'jin becoming the warchief prevent that? It's not like him taking the role suddenly makes all the orcs vanish or turn into trolls. They will still have an orc racial leader, Orgrimmar will still be the hub of the Horde, they will still have the orcs as the majority forces of war, etc.

The Illidari was lead by Illidan, who was one of only what seemed to be five night elves in the entire force, the majority being Naga, Blood Elf, and Fel Orc. Should I call it a night elf faction though since the leader seems to be the only important part?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind him becoming Warchief. He's got all of the qualities of one.
    The only thing that seems to be stopping him becoming Warchief is the apparent precedent that Warchief's must be Orcs, which is hard to judge because up until this point the Orcs haven't been a position where they've spent a significant enough time with another race where that has been a individual with suitable qualities.

Then there's the simply fact Warcraft is Orcs vs Humans.

I'm apathetic really. I don't mind if he becomes Warchief, but it isn't in the "theme" of the games story progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Again, Three weks ago, when someone in tweet asked in Thrall would go back, he answer yes, thunder is coming... Three weeks ago, talking about Thrall and with the precedent of himself saying that our Warchief would be coming back.

This is the exact quote of the conversation

""Please Chris, Bring Thrall back to the Horde, The horde Sucks without him” ...is that thunder, I hear?."

The first part is the petition someone made to him, his answer was the part after the ... (including the ...)

Notice Chain Lightning is the iconinc Thrall move since W3.
    Thrall is coming back to the Horde, that's for certain at this point. But will he take on the role of Warchief? Neither the question nor the response explicitly stated what role Thrall would take when he returned to the Horde.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't mind him becoming Warchief. He's got all of the qualities of one.
    The only thing that seems to be stopping him becoming Warchief is the apparent precedent that Warchief's must be Orcs, which is hard to judge because up until this point the Orcs haven't been a position where they've spent a significant enough time with another race where that has been a individual with suitable qualities.

Then there's the simply fact Warcraft is Orcs vs Humans.

I'm apathetic really. I don't mind if he becomes Warchief, but it isn't in the "theme" of the games story progress.
    this is the way i feel, i dont really care either way. i actually have a hunch that garrosh might simply be redeemed and them spin some sort of compassion story out of it and garrosh retain the warchief title but we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    And how does Vol'jin becoming the warchief prevent that? It's not like him taking the role suddenly makes all the orcs vanish or turn into trolls. They will still have an orc racial leader, Orgrimmar will still be the hub of the Horde, they will still have the orcs as the majority forces of war, etc.

The Illidari was lead by Illidan, who was one of only what seemed to be five night elves in the entire force, the majority being Naga, Blood Elf, and Fel Orc. Should I call it a night elf faction though since the leader seems to be the only important part?
    Having a troll ruling then horde does disrupts the vision of the war being between Orcs and Humans mainly. I dont exactly recall the context of Blizzard saying that they want to maintain Warcraft as orcs vs HUmans, but i think it had somethign to do with who the next Warchief would be. If i have some time i might try to find the quote.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Thrall is coming back to the Horde, that's for certain at this point. But will he take on the role of Warchief? Neither the question nor the response explicitly stated what role Thrall would take when he returned to the Horde.
    No, but i am not taking that only quote, i am saying that last quote three weeks ago, coupled with the last quote we got from him about the subject (getting our Warchief back), coupled with Thrall returning to the Horde politics in 5.1, and my opinion of only Thrall making sense as the next Warchief is a set of hints that lead me to the opinion of Thrall being the next Warchief.

Also, when people asks Thrall to be coming back, is not to have an NPC standing in Orgrimmar, we want his presence, his leadership, his position back. I think Chris understands that.

I dont think he can send us better hints at us without blatantly spoiling us the lore completely.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-15 at 05:33 PM.

I have mentioned it multiple times now, but I think Thrall will become like Malfurion. In case people are confused by my reference, Malfurion and Tyrande are leaders of the Night Elves, however Malfurion does not really consider himself a part of the faction conflict, thus he, for the most part, gives full reign to Tyrande to make those choices while he does his own thing.

When Thrall returns, he will help convince the other leaders to appoint Vol'jin as the warchief, but himself will stay around as a spiritual leader. This way, Vol'jin is technically the Warchief, but Thrall is around to fill the void of an important orc that does not fully answer to Vol'jin.

Believe it or not, but Metzen made Thrall into his persona during Cataclysm because he wanted to get Thrall out of the Warchief seat. He felt the role was suffocating him and kept him from reaching his potential as a character beyond the factional squabbles that define the series.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2012-10-15 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    this is the way i feel, i dont really care either way. i actually have a hunch that garrosh might simply be redeemed and them spin some sort of compassion story out of it and garrosh retain the warchief title but we'll see
    There's no way they'd redeem Garrosh after what he's done. Only way to pull that of in the story would be to emphasize on how Thrall might be hesitant to pull the trigger because of his father. But Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvanas and Lor'themar would happily do it for him.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 05:32 PM ----------

I have mentioned it multiple times now, but I think Thrall will become like Malfurion. In case people are confused by my reference, Malfurion and Tyrande are leaders of the Night Elves, however Malfurion does not really consider himself a part of the faction conflict, thus he, for the most part, gives full reign to Tyrande to make those choices while he does his own thing.

When Thrall returns, he will help convince the other leaders to appoint Vol'jin as the warchief, but himself will stay around as a spiritual leader. This way, Vol'jin is technically the Warchief, but Thrall is around to fill the void of an important orc that does not fully answer to Vol'jin.
    That actually sounds like a very plausible idea.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Aggra? That is whom I personally think will be the next warchief. It will most definitely allow Blizzard to build their story even further into future expansions with Aggra and Thrall raising their child and their child becoming warchief later on. Eh, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Aggra? That is whom I personally think will be the next warchief. It will most definitely allow Blizzard to build their story even further into future expansions with Aggra and Thrall raising their child and their child becoming warchief later on. Eh, just my opinion.
    Aggra is worse choice than Garrosh. And that is saying something.

If you are going to do her, then you might as well just bring Thrall back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    If you are going to do her, then you might as well just bring Thrall back.
    There's no bringing Thrall "back" he has always been there. Think of it as when Bolvar Fordragon was leading the Alliance, Wrynn was off doing stuff. I think it will be the same way with Aggra and Thrall.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Aggra is worse choice than Garrosh. And that is saying something.
    Could you explain why you think this? Aggra is the wife of Thrall and mother of his child. With Thrall's insight, it would almost as if Thrall was leading the Horde.

Lol, it's unlikely, though in Twilight of the Aspects, Thrall sarcastically mutters that if she were leader of the horde, then there would be peace, with children of all races playing together in the capital cities. Again I'm paraphrasing. That book is probably with the shattering under multitudes of art supplies lol.

Deleted
    How about this one? There won't be a warchief. Maybe the Horde learns a lesson from Garrosh and doesn't give one individual so much power and come to realization that the idea of a "warchief" is out of date. A council of sorts to lead the horde, with an orc chairing it with Vol'jin and Baine taking an active role in governing it and have a considerable sway of power. Well.. that's what I think's gonna happen anyway but maybe horde purists will disagree. I dunno to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm hoping it'll be, because there is a quest where Vol'jin has to go to Thrall, and Thralls responding quest is something like 'Because horde is family', suggesting ones like Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine and that are like family. So the hopes being that when Thrall returns, even if he isn't warchief, the horde will stand not by 1 single leader anymore, but as a union, the council of the horde, where all leaders are integral.
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    What I'm hoping it'll be, because there is a quest where Vol'jin has to go to Thrall, and Thralls responding quest is something like 'Because horde is family', suggesting ones like Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine and that are like family. So the hopes being that when Thrall returns, even if he isn't warchief, the horde will stand not by 1 single leader anymore, but as a union, the council of the horde, where all leaders are integral.
    Go ahead. It'll make "For the Alliance!" easier if all the leaders are in one building.

Or will they be a Council in Name Only? Sure the books will have them meeting, but in game they'll just all sit in their own city being bored?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Go ahead. It'll make "For the Alliance!" easier if all the leaders are in one building.

Or will they be a Council in Name Only? Sure the books will have them meeting, but in game they'll just all sit in their own city being bored?
    They will remain rulers of there domains so all repsected leaders being held in there home cities. But there will be something in a quest showing all the leaders together in one place.
    #boycottchina

Again, a Warchief is going to exist. It's too iconic to remove. The issue is the person behind the title. Is it a moderate character like Thrall that gives all the other races respect and the ability to govern themselves? Or is it like Garrosh, who simply uses his power to boss the other races around? It's not the position that's the issue, it's how the one in power utilizes it.

Again, a Warchief is going to exist. It's too iconic to remove. The issue is the person behind the title. Is it a moderate character like Thrall that gives all the other races respect and the ability to govern themselves? Or is it like Garrosh, who simply uses his power to boss the other races around? It's not the position that's the issue, it's how the one in power utilizes it.
    I'm pretty sure it will be like Thrall, again, the Horde cant stand two tyrants in a row, and besides, when the threat Wrathion is warning us comes, both Horde and Alliance will have to unite forces again to overcome it.

I still think Thrall is the only one that makes sense.