Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Thats what the orc leader / Warchief is supposed to be like, just because we had a totally insane leader that was warmongering and killed anyone doesn't mean we will replace with someone who is afraid of war or wants peace. The Horde would be viewed as too weak in that case, but i think he will definetly be with us leading a large part of the assualt against Garrosh and it will shock him, maybe even make him realize what hes been doing isn't for the good of his people anymore.
    There are plenty of ways to be a strong leader without being Garrosh-lite. Someone who does not fear war, but also does not engage in it quickly and without thinking things through. Someone who understanding that peace can sometimes benefit everyone involved, but other times comes at too high a cost. Someone who realizes that in the long run a single willing ally is worth a hundred slaves.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Vol'jin still is. He's just also the King of Trolls (similar to how Baine is High Chieftain, but still Chief of his clan).
    He'd theoretically form a new clan, like the Gurubushi used to be or the Amani. I honestly thought they were gonna do that back when Zul'jin was first theorized to be revealed. Thought the Darkspear and Amani were going to team up on the horde.

Deleted
    Right now, we have three clear frontrunners, Baine, Vol'jin and, oddly, Lor'themar.

So, the Horde will end up being ruled by a council.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Right now, we have three clear frontrunners, Baine, Vol'jin and, oddly, Lor'themar.

So, the Horde will end up being ruled by a council.
    That would be hilariously ironic considering how the alliance has basically become an Empire.

Won't somebody PLEASE think of Saurfang!?

He spent a whole expansion away getting his shit together. Bring on the cleave!

Deleted
    I can't really see Vol'jin becoming Warchief. Perhaps he'd take the mantle temporarily to fill the role whilst things are straightened out, and it would certainly be interesting to see that happen, but I have a feeling Vol'jin's story will expand down different roads. The theory of him uniting Azeroth's trolls is intriguing and plausible, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dave Kosak said Sylvanas will play a role in Garrosh' descent. Vol'jin is getting updated. Baine is getting some badassness. Lor'Themar goes to war and shows his war proves. All of them are stepping up their game to be classified for the title of Warchief of the Horde.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also, didn't answer my question. The orcs, the largest body of fights within the horde, will need to be lead. And they are not going to be commanded by a none orc. So, who would become there leader?
    Saurfang, Nazgrel, Nazgrim, Zaela. You could argue Saurfang's too old and blah blah blah but he's popular enough to take it. Like retirement ever stopped an orc who was needed. Hell, maybe even Eitrigg could take it up as a placeholder or what have you.

I've got money on Nazgrel or Zaela. Zaela's not a dumb and Nazgrel's been big on Thrall in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    That would be hilariously ironic considering how the alliance has basically become an Empire.
    So far most indications point to High King being a new incarnation of the Supreme Allied Commander. How much real authority Varian will ever have over the internal political workings of Alliance members is questionable at best. The one time he did so in the past (which was admittedly before the High King story arc was created), he explicitly had no formal authority to do so.

Anyways, while I think the idea of delegating some power away from the Warchief has merit, I think it's important for the Horde to have a single figurehead at the helm. So even if the Warchief's power is very far from absolute, people can at least point to someone to say they are in charge.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Technically plausible. The Kor'kron are the warchiefs elite guards. Who is the warchief? Well, strictly spoken, Thrall is still the Warchief. Garrosh was handed the task over by Thrall temporarily. From there, Thrall could see the Kor'kron's actions as treason. They don't act in HIS and with that in the Horde's interest.. So in his eyes, he sure can kill traitors.

There's no ingame event yet that passed the power over to Garrosh entirely and for good.
    It's therefore absolutely legit to call on him for aid.

I still consider Nazgrim an option not impossible. We've had him in our face now for 2 expansions.Very actively involved on the front lines. Experienced General.
    Just something the Orcs need. And he didn't really show any cruelty either.
    Nazgrim cant be Warchief unless they decide to ignore all logic.

When you dethrone a tyrant, you dont put one of the persons that fullfilled all his wishes in charge.....

The truth is, nazgrim is acting as Garrosh loyal follower, and thus cant be Warchief when we dethrone Garrosh.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    i actually think these scenario makes more sense, only i can see Baine (who is much younger than Vol'jin, and more inexperienced) who could use Thrall's guidance to lead the horde to greatness, plus with Thrall back in an advisory position politically, and still be the spiritual leader of the horde, should ease whatever apprehension the remaining orcs would have about following a non-orc warchief.
    Thrall as political advisor doesnt make any sense.

If Thrall is available, why not granting him, our best Warchief BY FAR the mantle? Why giving the mantle to another and put Thrall as a mere advisor?

The only logical choice that fits the lore is Thrall being Warchief again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Nazgrim cant be Warchief unless they decide to ignore all logic.

When you dethrone a tyrant, you dont put one of the persons that fullfilled all his wishes in charge.....

The truth is, nazgrim is acting as Garrosh loyal follower, and thus cant be Warchief when we dethrone Garrosh.
    That makes little sense to me.
    He is caring out is nation/leaders policy. Do you expect him to stand by while the Alliance roll over them?

That's like arresting Erwin Rommel for fighting for Nazi Germany in WW2.
    If we was like Overlord Krom'gar then it would make sense, but he isnt.
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-10-16 at 04:20 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliances gets a High King (Warchief role), where he basically rules everything.

Horde goes into the council format.

Calling it
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls for life mon

Im fairly certain that Blizzard has gone on record at some point and said that Thrall will be making a comeback.

And from a cheesy full circle perspective, it can only be him to be the warchief. correcting the mistakes he made by allowing Garrosh to become Warchief in the first place.

...Unless he just plays a part in usurping him as Warchief, and making way for one of the other faction leaders to take the mantle?. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    He did more than Garrosh Hellscream
    Pfffft, like what? Yeah, I remember the pre-Cata Echo Isles thingy, and how he's been incapable to seize a couple of f*cking isles from a single witch doctor for several years. Best warchief ever.
    Last edited by Haven; 2012-10-16 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Because Garrosh did stuff>.>..I like Vol'Jin but I would rather is be Saurfang.
    Thats my thought as well. Saurfang would bring the war hero to the Horde but also have some diplomacy. I think he would balance out the war and peace sides well. Only problem is that Blizz isnt really developing his character at all. Havent seem him since ICC. If they were to put him in as warchief we had better see him soon. I still think a Horde Warchief should be an orc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    I still think a Horde Warchief should be an orc...
    If not then we still have the role of Orc leader to fill. We should carry on speculating Orcs despite people insisting that it has to be a non orc Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    He did more than Garrosh Hellscream, who became a warchief because he had the capability to sit around emo'ing in Nagrand, ride on the "glory" of his father's actions and act spiteful/hateful (more than actual horde members) towards a faction he knows nothing of other than "we're at war, hate them.".
    People always say this. Garrosh has proven himself in battle. He was the commander of horde forces against the scourge in Northrend. Ppl talk about "emo" look at Vol'jin. Goes on a whiney rant about how he's going to stab Garrosh in the back because he isn't enough of a warrior to do it face to face. Garrosh was the perfect choice as warchief. Vol'jin is weak.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 06:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    If not then we still have the role of Orc leader to fill. We should carry on speculating Orcs despite people insisting that it has to be a non orc Warchief.
    I think this is a bad move. I think Blizzard's intent was to put Thrall back in all along, but they figured they'd have to deal with people literally crying and "ENUFF GREENZ JEZIS". Players are so emo.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-10-16 at 06:23 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's add a new race to the equation: Hozen! Riko for Warchief!

He gets along with the Horde races he operates with, and he has a crush on an undead. Perfect!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Maybe its time for Nazgrel to come back from Outland?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Nazgrel

Has a healthy hate relationship with the humans, but can be tempered by Thrall if it gets out of hand.