LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

80 DK solo : The Lich King 25 normal - WORLDFIRST

Yes, level 80, not 85 and not 90.

Youtube link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gZloBJOL8Q8

I had around 3 seconds until berserk.

Gear reforge: Exp cap-Crit-Haste-Mastery-other.
    Buffs: Drums of the forgotten kings, Runescroll of fortitude, Adventurer's journal ( "living forever" buff, have a chance to heal for 4-6%), Cobra and Prismatic elixirs, Crit food.

WoL : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lzr5ls5s4j5uevro/
    I didnt find any of the LK25 solokills except one beta, so if noone will show me LK25 solokills done until 6th october ~01:53 EU realm time, it will be WORLDFIRST.

Armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atius/advanced

Few words about mechanics and the kill itself.

1) Not letting him cast Necrotic plague on me- it's possible to get it as a tank- or you need to let army dpsing him while doing nothing OR be an engineer and drop an aggro Dummy - when i had 4 or 5 horrors on me they gave me insane amount of vengeance

2) With that amount of avoidance ( ~ 84% when cap vs raidboss is 109% ) it is possible to avoid most of the melee attacks, but there is another way- when blood shield have a high amount i SIT to receive an unavoidable crit to boost vengeance. The deathstrike heal itself depends on max HP - heals for 7% HP minimum , after breaking some inc damage limit it starts to heal for 20% of the damage taken in last 5 sec, also it depends on haste.

3) When there are alot of mobs on me, i parry/dodge alot and when i let them crit me i receive rare heavy hits, that goes to vengeance and dodge/parry support gained attack power and it continues to slowly stack.

4) About the stats- at this moment there is a ballance between haste, crit and mastery and knowing what you need for certain fight will boost your dps heavily. Mastery gives blood shield, each time you deathstrike it stacks as a melee absorb shield, more damage you receive- more deathstrike will heal and higher bloodshield you will have. Haste is another key for DK soloing - it affects autoattack speed, but not only; it affects the rune regeneration time, so you can use deathstrike and other attacks more often, it boosts both dps and healing. Crit is the 3rd key- first its a dps stat, as a blood DK dps you need approximately equal values of crit and haste for maximum dps, but there is another thing- i have Death siphon talent that scales extremely effective with Attack power, its an attack that also heals you for the same value as the damage inflicted, so it can do a crit damage, giving you a doubled heal and that heal can crit too- the healing from it is linear dependence from attack power and quadratic dependence from your crit.

5) Currently i have 2 best professions for an 80 level- Alchemy, that gives me iLvl 365 trinket and Leatherworking that gives me 2 extremely powerful enchants - on bracers and on legs, also it is possible to re-enchant your gear while in combat if needed. I have few iLvl 409 items , so i can put mop enchants on them; i have 3 non-plate 409 items, but they are more powerful than 308's even with caster stats , those stats can be reforged; also stamina on them cover the tank stamina plate bonus by far.

6) Consumables. Runescroll + drums, of course. Crit food and crit elixir for dps and death siphon, resist elixir to survive magic damage. There is an interesting thing here- Adventurer's journal- when you use it and if you are lower than 85 level you receive one of the buffs- some of them give bonus XP % , movement speed, damage to certain types of creatures ( 15% to beasts or elementals or undeads etc) and the healing buff- actually i was hoping for 15% damage bonus to undeads to kill Raging spirits faster and to finally overcome the berserk timer, but it gave me that healing buff. I didnt use pre-pot or the pot in combat because i used them all and dint want to waste time while having the Journal buff- it persist through death like a flask

7) Now about the fight itself.
    First phase is actually easy- i didnt use the Necrotic plague trick, so Shambling Horrors were hitting me and giving me alot of vengeance.
    1st Transition phase was hard- i wiped there few times because of insane incoming magic damage and 4 sec silence; when i silenced i can use deathstrike/runestrike, but cant use Death siphon
    Second phase was easy with defiles, also i am a tank, so Valkyrs didnt grab me
    2nd Transition phase was the hardest part- the Raging spirits were spawning 2x faster than on 1st phase and that moment was actually stopping me from LK kill- even if i stacked haste enough to outheal myself on that phase i died alot on 20-29% when boss berserked.
    Last phase wasnt easy too- the exploding spirits can be the deadly combo when i had one Rading spirit casting silence on me, i didnt kill him to get more vengeance.

Tracklist is at the end of the video. Enjoy.

PS: i've already killed 10/12 of icc 10 heroic on level 80, except gunship (you cant solo it on any level just because of the fight mechanics) and Valithria - i did it on normal, with a mob that i controlled with Control undead that healed her, looks like its impossible to do it on heroic because she receive way too much damage from mobs. Next week im going for 25 heroic ( not sure about berserk timers, but worth a try) and LK10 hc week later
    PS2: re-uploaded the combatlog, now it shows a kill in WoL
    PS3: some math about 80 or 85 vs Lich king:

I dont think it is possible for a LVL 85 even in mop gear because you will need insane amount of haste to survive transition phases when you have the lowest DPS. And im not talking at all about DPS to beat the enrage timer . Let me show you some data from WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...m/damageTaken/ - highest peaks are transition phases and when i almost died after spirit burst
    Now about stats. My Avoidance is 84%, 80lvl cap is 100%, raidboss cap is 109%. Now some math about how much damage an 85 will take.

First, RAW damage taken without avoidance and mastery:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lzr5ls5s4j5uevro/ - overall damage taken 14 759 082. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...uevro/spell/0/- melee damage taken from LK + horror attacks + raging spirit autoattacks 4429016+5077212+2146952=11653180 melee damage taken from lvl 83/boss. Chance to melee hit me is : 109-84=25%. So, 11653180/0.25=46612720 .
    Add here absorbed melee damage 6432219 and the final number is 53 044 939 melee damage taken if the tank would have 0 avoidance and no absorbs.

Now lets look at my stats and Windsong procs ( haste and mastery). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...vro/details/0/ - Buffs gained :
    Windsong 25.2% uptime of 1500 haste = 378 haste rating.
    Windsong 15.3% uptime of 1500 mastery = 229.5 mastery rating.
    Lets add those to my stats :
    378/32.79=11.52% haste + 59.13 = 70.65% average haste or 4.89s rune speed.
    734+229.5=963.5 mastery or 181% mastery.

Now lets look at lvl 85 stats:
    First, damage taken: a good 85 tank have around 35% avoidance. Boss targets, so lower it by 9% = 26% avoidance. With that 53 Mil damage will be lowered to 39.2 mil. Now about mastery, health etc : lets say 85s got mop gear too, ive spent some time in wowhead profiler with gearing/stats. 300k HP in ICC, selfbuffed , 38% haste or 6s rune speed, 250% mastery. Lets calculate how more or less absorb will be: health is 2x more , coeff is 2.0 ; rune speed is 6 vs 4.89 -> coeff is now 1.63 ; mastery is 250 vs 181 -> coeff is 2.25. So, 2.25 * 6.43 mil ( what i absorbed) = 14.5 Mil. Subtract that amount from 39.2 mil damage taken and here is the number : 24.72 Mil damage taken after all "calculations" by nearly-BiS geared 85 in MOP gear. Add here spell damage taken ~4 Millions and the final number is: 28.72 Mil damage taken over 15 mins or 31.9k/sec. Can it be outhealed by 85 DK? Who knows...

PS: of course, those numbers are very approximate, also another thing- when DK takes damage more than some limit, deathstrike begin to heal more, 80 lvl will have DS and bloodshield heal increased from that effect much more often, also i didnt do any math about 30% icc buff (im too lazy) because it have heal, health and absorb bonus, means that Bloodshield depends on that non-linearly.
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-11 at 11:38 PM. Reason: grammar + few mistakes

I think I give you kudos more to the fact you managed to get together all that BOE gear from 2 expansions later than intended for you to use. GZ on the kill regardless. The stats ur sporting are pretty insane though. Haste 56.39% Hit+20.47% Crit 46.86% Expertise 14.37% Mastery 149.93% Unbuffed HP 94911... Sheesh, i think we were glad if our tanks had 50k hp.

Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    I think I give you kudos more to the fact you managed to get together all that BOE gear from 2 expansions later than intended for you to use. GZ on the kill regardless. The stats ur sporting are pretty insane though. Haste 56.39% Hit+20.47% Crit 46.86% Expertise 14.37% Mastery 149.93% Unbuffed HP 94911... Sheesh, i think we were glad if our tanks had 50k hp.
    Your standard T10 geared tank had 50k.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know. Stats are insane, gears/enchants are insane, but still it was a very hard kill and i had only 3 seconds until berserk - i've spent many hours wiping on him, changing gear / enchants / consumables until i finally found something that can survive the transition phase, do the fine damage while having a nice amount of avoidance. And hey- isnt it worldfirst LK25 solo and its done by level 80 ? ;p

149% mastery isnt much for an 80 level- you can have that amount with reforged wotlk gear, also 50k geared tank had ~80k raidbuffed in ICC under zone buff ( or maybe more? )
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-06 at 06:56 AM.

There's 400+ ilevel gear with only a level 80 requirement? Holy moly. Doesn't matter if its cloth or mail, the stat boosts are crazy.

Well done, I suppose. But I'm more shocked that there's gear with that item level at that level requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Your standard T10 geared tank had 50k.
    I had 50k+ as a dps Warrior raid buffed, tanks were a lot higher than 50k.

Edit : Congrats on the kill.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-10-06 at 07:31 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, good job. How long did it take to gather all that gear btw?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Woah, good job. How long did it take to gather all that gear btw?
    Nothing actually, because its easy to get those 308's in dungeons and about 409's- its just matter of gold, they are 1-4k gold each on AH.
    The biggest problem was to find what stats do i need for that fight- its all about Haste-Crit-Mastery-Str/Parry ballance.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 03:36 PM ----------

Added a long description about mechanics and the fight
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-06 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I had 50k+ as a dps Warrior raid buffed, tanks were a lot higher than 50k.

Edit : Congrats on the kill.
    in ICC you have about 50k as a dps and about 30k outside, outside as a blood DK in full HC T11 or whatever tier it was i had 56386hp, inside i had close to 90k with all buffs and flasks only druids ever broke the 100k mark and that was before the final patch where they had their stamina taken away.

Not personally a twink or anything, outside of my Herald shaman that I never play anymore but that's very impressive. Major gratz sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    VERY, VERY nice. Congrats! Most impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    There's 400+ ilevel gear with only a level 80 requirement? Holy moly. Doesn't matter if its cloth or mail, the stat boosts are crazy.

Well done, I suppose. But I'm more shocked that there's gear with that item level at that level requirement.
    Nop you had not. At least not till the october 2010 Cataclysm changes made it to live realms, which buffed the non tanking stamina, by 60% to 75%.
    I still remember my holy pala jumping from 20,5 to 36k life unbuffed.
    On the other hand, tanks were relatively uneffected with that change. I may got a 5-10% to my overall stamina, on my warrior tank, but that was it, and it barely took me above 50k threshold, unbuffed.

On topic...WoW! LK 25 normal soloed at 80???
    Big gz m8, great job!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-10-10 at 06:18 AM.

That is pretty nuts lol

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    impressive.

Congratz for the epic personal achievment,realy impressive good job !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    impressive.
    is it??

i find ur gear impressive, but the kill i dont think its that special.

ur stats are over the top!!(this is why ur kill is possible)

haste @ 59.13
    crit @ 52.63
    mastery 149.93
    armor 29.888
    dodge 12.21
    parry 72.97

what u think happens when a lvl 90 walks around with these stats??
    Last edited by Catalystics; 2012-10-10 at 06:35 AM. Reason: forget stats
    The Monk Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    is it??

haste @ 59.13
    crit @ 52.63
    mastery 149.93
    armor 29.888
    dodge 12.21
    parry 72.97

Pretty much nodding in agreement with the above statement.

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    is it??

haste @ 59.13
    crit @ 52.63
    mastery 149.93
    armor 29.888
    dodge 12.21
    parry 72.97

Of course the haters would appear sooner or later.

Major gratz!

15+ Year Old Account
    blimey, thats mental!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Holy freakin moly batman!
    Hats off to you OP, that's pretty spanky
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.