Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    So your problem is basically that pet battles remain challenging even when your pets are max level, and that there aren't any good tricks for power leveling your lower level pets, unlike in Pokemon where all you need is one level 50+ pet and you can oneshot just about anything in the game, and use an EXP Share to level up all your other Pokemon by 2-3 levels a fight?

I agree that it's more challenging than Pokemon, but, personally, I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.
    What is bad about it is the fact that once you have the Tamer title (and the pet from bags if you are a collector) there is really no reason to fight trainers anymore. They are too hard to boost pets and theres not enough reward for killing them a 2nd time. If they were easier or the level cap of ur pets were higher so that they got easier over time you would want to boost low level pets on trainers to get the maximum xp. The only problem I see with this would be that players "farm" trainers rather than go into the wild but considering that you can only fight them once a day it that problem wont even exist.

Gotta disagree here. Mechanical do seem pretty overpowered, but undead are weak to the most common pet type in the game and are a pain to level in the wild.
    Undeads may be weak against critters but lets get real, almost no one uses critters in pvp (trainers dont really use them either) which makes these types extremely overpowered. I have lost more than 20 matches because the enemy had an undead pet, while my pets are not weak to undead I have to kill them twice to win the battle and that is just a huge deal.

Wouldn't that just make it more unbalanced? You may notice that the three ability slots perform similar functions, which is why you can't mix and match the abilities.
    This is not true some pets can use ability X and Y in slot 2 and 3 while another pet has ability X and Y in slot 2, thus making one of the pets much better than the other for no reason at all. I dont know if its a bug because theres not many of these examples but they do exist and that is a huge problem imo.

Maybe you should've started farming before you started pet battling? I got my Terrible Turnip before I even started leveling my pets.
    I started farming as the first person on my server, I was litterally amongst the only 5 people who got to halfhill in time to start farming on the very first day and I were probably the only person who knew wtf was going on with halfhill. Here we are today 3 weeks later, I have yet to get a Terrible Turnip by myself. I bought one of the very first Terrible Turnips on the server 10 days into the expansion and by then it was too late for it to be as useful as I would have liked it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It totally looks like a beta more than anything else. I can understand that it's a secondary thing... yet Blizzard usually don't release anything untill it's done, well Pet Battle System is definitely not done.

Leave apart the fact that it's pretty much RNG, as it kinda depends on the combos you fight;

The level of pets it matches you with is not exactly correct, you can easily find 2 really low level pets or two hugh level pets.

Pet store pets are overpowered... the best example is the ridiculous Pandaren Monk, able to 1 shot any pet in 2 turns: 1 buff up (100% crit) 2 attack = one shot. In my opinion, if it doesn't change it will only show how the pet battle system was an attempt to make players buy pets.

There are also many bugs and meaningless things. For example, planting mines that should explose when your enemy switches a pet.. I've seen many of those mines explode at random times.. sometimes when your oponent switches a pet, otehr times when he switches for second time and that if you are lucky, 40% of the times mines won't really explode at all.
    Dodge... that's really lame, there shouldn't be any dodge/miss. You already depend on the set up you fight, which you can try to face as good as you can with your pets and spells... but you can easily enter a chain of 3 attacks dodged.. .that's plain wrong.

How's our experience so far with the system? I believe that it could be quite fun if they really sovle the issues.
    and what exactly did you expect with your pokeman?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I love how pokenubs continually cry about the RNG, showing they have NO idea what they are talking about.

There are no battles that cannot be beaten. If you think that a RNG is the only reason you are losing, your wrong and you need to stick to LFR. L2Pokemanz please.

Level up your pets and stack strong pets vs trainers. . . jeez, did you guys never actually play Pokeman? Ever heard the saying ~ "Sleep was super effective" ?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-10-16 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    RNG? Saying pet battles is only RNG is like saying a game of chess is sorely based on RNG.

You just need to think a few moves ahead, it's not very hard to do most of the time since most players are very predictable.

The ONLY gripe I have with pet battles is the obvious overpowered pets, such as clockwork gnomes turrets being pretty much unavoidable, but like everything else, it will be scaled and toned down in later patches. Other then that, pet battles are probably the best feature of MoP

Love the pet battle system, hate the bugs though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    RNG? Saying pet battles is only RNG is like saying a game of chess is sorely based on RNG.

You just need to think a few moves ahead, it's not very hard to do most of the time since most players are very predictable.

The ONLY gripe I have with pet battles is the obvious overpowered pets, such as clockwork gnomes turrets being pretty much unavoidable, but like everything else, it will be scaled and toned down in later patches. Other then that, pet battles are probably the best feature of MoP
    Found you a few ones that can counter that:

http://www.wowhead.com/petability=456
    http://www.wowhead.com/petability=319
    http://www.wowhead.com/petability=419
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Notice the "pretty much" in my sentence? Fly doesn't stop them, going underground doesnt stop them, even the barrier that moths do, doesn't stop them.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, a patch later the Battle Pet seems to be the same, an 80% RNG based mini game.

It's a shame. Just if they'd remove the RNG it would be worth it, but so far it's only worth for the achievements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    So, a patch later the Battle Pet seems to be the same, an 80% RNG based mini game.

It's a shame. Just if they'd remove the RNG it would be worth it, but so far it's only worth for the achievements.
    Is necroing allowed on these forums? And do you know Pokemon?