Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well I farmed all the crystals in easily less than a week, but even then I'd never sell it. Gold means nothing to me in this game. I enjoy getting cool stuff. To me, that's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, I would offer to sell it though and I doubt the cheap asses on my server would pay
    Ha! That's how my server would be. Fuckin' low pop realms xD

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

To all the people saying Alar is unique........Dark phoenix begs to differ.......

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    by the time you can use it you could have probably got it for half that price.
    or actually get the required ammount of shards drop for you from lotus dailys

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    a friend who has the mount showed it to me in trade and it had the requirement of being exalted with celestials before learning it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Depends on your luck. I'm Exalted with Lotus / Revered with Celestials and I got only 1 shard so far.

Nah, not terribly hard to get.

Wouldn't sell it either tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    The shards aren't THAT rare. Doing GL dailies last night 3 dropped while grouped up. I only won 2 of them, but I've only seen Ashes drop 1 or 2 times since BC has been released. To say they are that rare is insane.
    This is your experience.

I'm set to hit Exalted with the Golden Lotus tomorrow, and I've yet to see a single skyshard.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    lolno. Just no.
    Thats true skyshards have a lower drop rate than ashes does.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Thats true skyshards have a lower drop rate than ashes does.
    Ashes can be dropped by one mob once a week. Skyshards come from mobs that take ~20 seconds to kill max and respawn in seconds.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Sold one yesterday for 250k. The guys wife is buying one from my guildy later on tonight or tomorrow.

I spent about 2 days worth of time to obtain all 10 shards.
    I wasn't expecting to farm for the shards, until I looted one from a Mogu during a golden lotus daily.
    The second one came from a party member, he passed it to me.
    The third was from the Vale Treasure Box.
    Shards 4 to 10 was from 16 hours of grinding sprites. (two 8 hour sessions.)
    Currently am revered with the Celestials so Ive got about 17 days to go.
    Unless there are extra dailies at revered?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It actually is, the skyshards are just as rare as the Ashes so...

Like Ashes is oh so unique now...
    This.

They have about the same drop rate and Ashes doesn't have to drop 10 times to get it so Alani is actually much much more rare.

Al'ar is easily soloable by a few classes and 2-3mannable by a few others, it's not even a rare thing to have anymore.

OT: I wouldn't sell it if I had the crystals because I'd rather have the mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    The shards aren't THAT rare. Doing GL dailies last night 3 dropped while grouped up. I only won 2 of them, but I've only seen Ashes drop 1 or 2 times since BC has been released. To say they are that rare is insane.
    I'm exalted with golden lotus and have farmed an additional 500 or so mobs to get keys, I've seen 2 shards drop.

Your anecdotal evidence of 3 dropping in one day does not counter the fact that it's a 0.x% drop rate. That aside, I'd never sell my mount, nor buy it, I prefer to work for what I want.

I would for 300-500k.

the way it works is once the shield is down whoever tags it and kills it wins it. That's all there is to it. So if you're selling it go with whoever you're with and make sure no one else is around. can't wait to hear the grief that happens when it gets ninjaed by some opportune seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    This.

They have about the same drop rate and Ashes doesn't have to drop 10 times to get it so Alani is actually much much more rare.

Al'ar is easily soloable by a few classes and 2-3mannable by a few others, it's not even a rare thing to have anymore.

OT: I wouldn't sell it if I had the crystals because I'd rather have the mount.
    Ashes might be easy to farm now, but that doesn't mean it's very common and everyone has it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    the way it works is once the shield is down whoever tags it and kills it wins it. That's all there is to it. So if you're selling it go with whoever you're with and make sure no one else is around. can't wait to hear the grief that happens when it gets ninjaed by some opportune seeker.
    Except using the item causes damage to the mob and tags it for the user, I'm afraid dicks will have to work for the mount.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I have enough ''Unique'' mounts as it is. I've only gained 2 Skyshard's and one was off a mob haha in addition you also have to be exalted with AC -.- to even ride the dam thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It actually is, the skyshards are just as rare as the Ashes so...

Like Ashes is oh so unique now...
    Actually, the Skyshards have an even LOWER drop rate then Ashes, akin to the Fiery Warhorse or Onyxian Drake. However, they are more common because you can kill significantly more mobs, rather then a single one per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.