ps3 and 360 exclusives

My friend was telling me there are more games and exclusives on ps3 and it seems most would agree. Id agree to but I know there are about 900 ps3 games if you also count psn games however on 360 I just recently hooked my xbox live back up and there are now about 2500 arcade games and 2500 indi games that alone dwarfs all ps3 games so why to people try to make that argument. I also own both a 360 and ps3 and I love them both so im not takeing a side Im just trying to understand

Quote Originally Posted by astroglide View Post
    My friend was telling me there are more games and exclusives on ps3 and it seems most would agree. Id agree to but I know there are about 900 ps3 games if you also count psn games however on 360 I just recently hooked my xbox live back up and there are now about 2500 arcade games and 2500 indi games that alone dwarfs all ps3 games so why to people try to make that argument. I also own both a 360 and ps3 and I love them both so im not takeing a side Im just trying to understand
    I dont get the point of this topic. PSN games are mostly just ports from old sony systems becuase they couldnt be fucked making the systems fully BC. While a great deal of the xbox's arcade are original games and a great deal of them are amazing. Xbox also has xbox live to back up its games while sony has its terrible free online to back its games up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's the imminent console war that causes those arguments. See above post on start of console war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Sony's Playstation + get's much more praise than Xbox Live Gold...
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    And I'm pretty sure Xbox Live has less lag and better grouping/friend features than the Playstation Network. Different products ARE different.

People need to decide which they prefer and which works best for them, instead of these stupid-ass console wars.

Only good thing iv ever herd about PSN is that its free other than that not one person i know including myselv whos used both prefer psn over xbox live.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Only good thing iv ever herd about PSN is that its free other than that not one person i know including myselv whos used both prefer psn over xbox live.
    Playstation + =/= PSN. He compared two different services that do different things.

I like to retain my CC info thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is going places fast....

ive used both xbox live and PSN and honestly neither is really better than the other. anyone who says so is biased. as for exclusives i still say that ps3 has more. sure xbox live has a ton of arcade games but for every good one theres several terrible ones. same can be said for PSN. when i say exclusives i dont count the downloadbles even though some of the best games ive played recently are downloadables.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS3 has better exclusives imo, But 360 is the way to go for multiplayer game like halo, COD. Xbox live is a lot smoother than the PSN you get what you pay for. PSN is good if you aren't willing to pay. Also Microsoft uses their cash reserves to get DLC for games like skyrim, cod, etc earlier than PS3/PC. On the indie title games im not sure but i think PSN and Xbox live are about equal. Tough choice.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    I like to retain my CC info thanks
    yeah because xbox live has never been hacked before.....oh wait it has.....

From my experience, Xbox live is the much more stable service, with better matchmaking and whatnot. On the other hand, PSN is free... Conflicted...

Deleted
    PSN is free, just like Steam on pc. Where LIVE charges you £60 a year to access internet gaming and FREE services that cost nothing to anyone right upto your router in the house, M$ charges you £60 a year to let the Xbox use these free services available through your router.

Also LIVE is a host advantage lagfest vs PSN nowadays since almost all exclusives and a few others are using someones Xbox in the room to host the server. You are not even getting M$ servers now for these online games, you are paying £60 a year to let your own Xbox and internet connection to act as a LIVE server, what a ripoff.

Then the fact that LIVE has tiny player counts in online matches due to peoples Xbox hosting games now, Player counts like from 1999 shooters on pc. Vs PSN 32-200+ player counts in many games, all hosted on proper web servers. MMO's and heavy online integrated games like LBP would not even be possible on LIVE due to petty restrictions, is why theres no Steamworks on LIVE or user generated content at all really, bullshit for 7th gen.

Also PSN is selling 2x as much digital content than LIVE for the last year or so and is also 2x as busy as LIVE these days since under 1/2 Xbox users have LIVE Gold vs every one of the PS3 sold have online gaming for free if they have internet connection.

Along with mountains of Xbox 360 failing every day and more PS3 selling now than ever, Xbox is out of tricks while PS3 slowly saunters on into the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    PSN is free, just like Steam on pc. Where LIVE charges you £60 a year to access internet gaming and FREE services that cost nothing to anyone right upto your router in the house, M$ charges you £60 a year to let the Xbox use these free services available through your router.

Also LIVE is a host advantage lagfest vs PSN nowadays since almost all exclusives and a few others are using someones Xbox in the room to host the server. You are not even getting M$ servers now for these online games, you are paying £60 a year to let your own Xbox and internet connection to act as a LIVE server, what a ripoff.

Then the fact that LIVE has tiny player counts in online matches due to peoples Xbox hosting games now, Player counts like from 1999 shooters on pc. Vs PSN 32-200+ player counts in many games, all hosted on proper web servers. MMO's and heavy online integrated games like LBP would not even be possible on LIVE due to petty restrictions, is why theres no Steamworks on LIVE or user generated content at all really, bullshit for 7th gen.

Also PSN is selling 2x as much digital content than LIVE for the last year or so and is also 2x as busy as LIVE these days since under 1/2 Xbox users have LIVE Gold vs every one of the PS3 sold have online gaming for free if they have internet connection.

Along with mountains of Xbox 360 failing every day and more PS3 selling now than ever, Xbox is out of tricks while PS3 slowly saunters on into the lead.
    Look, poorly hidden bias, opinions stated as fact without any proof, and a huge reason why game vs game (or company vs company) threads are generally closed. Hooray!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Look, poorly hidden bias, opinions stated as fact without any proof, and a huge reason why game vs game (or company vs company) threads are generally closed. Hooray!
    Yup opinions just like everyone else in the thread, tho what do you have issues with on my opinion? What is 100% inaccurate?

Sufficiently off topic and the console war has started, closing this.