combat - 502 dagger or 463axe for mainhand?

should i wear my 502 dagger in my main hand as combat or use the heroic dungeon axe?

Deleted
    ...which one has the highest amount of weapon damage? That one.

why is someone who even has a 502 weapon asking this question.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Perhaps they recently....acquired the character? *wink wink nudge nudge*

That or they are just really really......slow.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

502 dagger main hand. Change that stupid combat spec for sub. Lawdy Lawdy if I had a 502 main hand...

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    What fight this tier really tests the technical capability of your dps?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

i only go combat for stoneguard

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    What fight this tier really tests the technical capability of your dps?
    Tunnel on Gara'Jal and never go down into the spirit world.

Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    i only go combat for stoneguard
    Slow/Fast always at the very least, Slow/Slow would be better still. Get some 502 GJ fists ^^

Respec to Sub, use the dagger

Sub is #1 anyway as seen here
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/rogue/subtlety

Sub #1 in PVE & PVP. All other specs inferior >:O

Quote Originally Posted by Rory, in the post below me
    Go assassination, win. For combat, as someone already stated higher weapon damage so probably still slow mh/dagger oh. But there aren't many combat fights right now and sub is underperforming the sims so yeah...
    Uh....... no. Refer to above image...
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-10-16 at 04:11 PM.

Go assassination, win. For combat, as someone already stated higher weapon damage so probably still slow mh/dagger oh. But there aren't many combat fights right now and sub is underperforming the sims so yeah...

im only asking for 1 fight im going combat for, i know assassination is better for everything else i probably won't even reforge

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Respec to Sub, use the dagger

Sub is #1 anyway as seen here

Sub #1 in PVE & PVP. All other specs inferior >:O

From what I understood sub took over assassination with some raid gear, until then assassination was superior. Am I mistaken in that thought process?
    Last edited by Drexra; 2012-10-16 at 04:58 PM. Reason: derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Did you just refute an argument that sub hasn't done as much as it simmed to do by linking an image of the sim that it's supposed to do relative to other specs?

Not saying subtlety is in a bad place, since I've got a 2.6 MH and have to play combat to use it reasonably... but please make better arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Did you just refute an argument that sub hasn't done as much as it simmed to do by linking an image of the sim that it's supposed to do relative to other specs?

Not saying subtlety is in a bad place, since I've got a 2.6 MH and have to play combat to use it reasonably... but please make better arguments.
    Pretty sure he did... he should go look at some actual recorded data instead of living in a cave with his simulation numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Higher weapon damage isn't enough. You would have to know exactly how much higher. Yeah you lose the weapon damage difference usually there from using a dagger, but you also lose a lot of damage from normalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexra View Post
    From what I understood sub took over assassination with some raid gear, until then assassination was superior. Am I mistaken in that thought process?
    That should be correct, sub seems to scale the best with gear and so will grow over the other two specs as ilvl goes up. However, it also must be considered whether or not you can consistently put out near optimal numbers with the spec. Assassination is, I'm sure many would agree, by far the easiest spec, as well as the least affected by bad fight mechanics.

That said, I would just respec sub if I was the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    This should have been /thread.

Combat is always going to win on Stone Guards whether you have a 502 dagger or not. I don't know why you guys are telling him to respec.

How someone can get a 502 weapon without knowing the basic mechanics of the spec is completely unknown to me.

For people missing that, OP asked:
    should i wear my 502 dagger in my main hand as combat or use the heroic dungeon axe?
    These words cannot stay together in the same sentence apart "i got stuck in a dagger fight and mid combat i stabbed the main hand of my opponent" which still doen't make much sense.

That's why i call troll.

Anyway, giving an answer:
    - you don't want to use a dagger as combat main hand in any case but if the ilvl of the dagger is vastly (read: talking about tiers of difference) superior than your current main hand; it's just a dps loss.

Closing the thread. Answer has been provided.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.