Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alani: what's the point?

Alani requires a sky crystal which takes very rare shards, taking weeks to get, however to learn the mount alani drops you have to be exalted with the August celestials (& Order of the cloud serpent). This makes no sense. Why not just grind August celestials to exalted (which you'd have to do anyway to learn the alani mount) and buy the mount from the faction vendor? It doesn't add up. Am i missing something?

August Celstials offer the Thundering Heavenly Mount.

Alani drops the Thundering Ruby Mount.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

Time lost proto drake is just the green proto drake but a different colour, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Time lost proto drake is just the green proto drake but a different colour, what's the point?

Previously it was listed that August Celestials sold the mount when you were exalted. So it was farm a bunch of really rare shards or just pay 10k gold for the mount.

OP - the mount is only available from Alani but you will have to have rep to use it.

Oh! wow is just Everquest, why play wow?
    I see Stupid people!

took me 3 days to get the mount, not weeks. If you want it, then you gotta get it. If you put in 30 minutes a day, itll take you weeks. Depends on how much you want it.

world of warcraft is world of warcraft whats the world of warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    The mounts are different. Alani is much cooler. The shards are 'free'...assuming you do dailies in vale. there's literally no downside.

Whats the point of anything? There are a lot of points even if it did look the same. Collecting, bragging rights, personal accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptomaniac View Post
    took me 3 days to get the mount, not weeks. If you want it, then you gotta get it. If you put in 30 minutes a day, itll take you weeks. Depends on how much you want it.
    Or it will take you months ... or never at all. Like all RNG there are lucky sods like you, and unlucky others.

Or do what I do, ride around on the ICC/Ulduar 25 drakes.
    They are the last decent mounts Blizzard will ever produce.

I quite like the Pandaria taxi-kites. They don't make an awful lot of SENSE, unless you look at them sort of like flying carpets, but if Blizzard introduces them as a player mount I'd put it in to my mount rotation for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vektorix View Post
    I quite like the Pandaria taxi-kites. They don't make an awful lot of SENSE, unless you look at them sort of like flying carpets, but if Blizzard introduces them as a player mount I'd put it in to my mount rotation for sure.
    I thought they were available as player mounts - but I understand it is a crapload of work to get there.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/130985-pandaren-kite
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-10-21 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I thought they were available as player mounts - but I understand it is a crapload of work to get there.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/130985-pandaren-kite
    2 different ones available, well will be, one for exalted with all panda factions, and another for 150 mount achievement in 5.1
    I see Stupid people!

I got my answer in the first post, mod can close this

I do my dailies on three characters every day and I farmed a bit for some shards. Make absolutely zero mistake about this fact, you were lucky as shit.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I do my dailies on three characters every day and I farmed a bit for some shards. Make absolutely zero mistake about this fact, you were lucky as shit.
    I think it honestly depends on what your farming. I gave my first mount to my friend, and got my 2nd mount 2 days later. Everyone farms the tricksters, I farm different mobs.

I think it honestly depends on what your farming. I gave my first mount to my friend, and got my 2nd mount 2 days later. Everyone farms the tricksters, I farm different mobs.
    Yeah u prob farm the cow like every other botter

alani looks like the pandaria hero mount with lightning on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Yeah u prob farm the cow like every other botter
    So farming a cow makes you an automatic botter? that's new!