Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Far cry 3 too good to be true?

I'm begining to get extremely hyped for far cry 3 because it just seems that the combat (especially melee) is more fluid than any shooter we've ever had. Jumping from enemy to enemy seems fluid and responsive. It almost seems ninja like the way kills tend to chain together. (I haven't played it so I could be wrong)

Additionally, it seems that the game is just full of excellent little touches that seem like they will help you immerse into the game play. Example: Diving into the water genuinely feels like a dive.

Lastly the cinematics and scripted events seem superb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Br83...eature=related

Examples:
    Dive: 6:04, 9:00
    Melee: 6:29- 6:44
    Cinematics: 6:53, 8:09

So thoughts? Is this too good to be true?

Oh and not to mention (not in this video) but the game is drawdropping beautiful
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

Yep. It's way too good to be true. Ofc it's gonna be a decent game, I'm sure, but I don't think it'll live up to expectations.
    What already worries me is that I don't see plants moving when character touches it. I do not want to have these dead inanimate ghost plants ever again. I loved FC2 for it's realism.
    Last edited by Vice80; 2012-10-16 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No its not too good... I dont know if the developer said otherwise (hurray for music louder than voice) but your praised melee-combat looks like click-for-scripted-killsequence... many shooter have this...

and yeah, graphics look good... thats been cryteks thing since the first game... nothing new.

I say Far Cry 3 will be just like Far Cry 2 with some flaws sorted out... it looks much more story-driven and atmosspheric.

but yeah, no trailer showed me things that blowed my mind... just an ordinary shooter with very good graphics...

10+ Year Old Account
    Crysis is what Far Cry 2 should have been considering what the original Far Cry was.

Far Cry 2 was a great game, but since it wasn't as amazing as Crysis, people didn't care.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-10-16 at 07:33 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I like the look of FC 3 so far myself. Will probably pick it up at some point, if nothing else other than to make smoke come out of my 670.

I'll wait and see. Far Cry 2 had lots of potential and introduced plenty of nice ideas to the serie but on the other hand there were many aspects deeply flawed that really got into the way of the gameplay.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I don't think I'll ever hype up a game after GW2 New rule: Don't check up on the game before release...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

We'll just have to see how it plays out. From my past experiences with Far Cry, it's pointing to this game being incredibly shitty. Who knows, though. Maybe they finally got their shit together with this one.

FYI people

Far Cry 3 is developed by various Ubisoft studios. Ubisoft: Montreal, Massive, Reflections and Shanghai to be precise.

The game does not use CryEngine 3, just as the first game in the Far Cry series used Cryengine 1. Ubisoft bought the name prior to the second game in the series, so no games since the first have been developed by Crytek.

Far Cry 1 = CryEngine 1, Far Cry 2 = Dunia Engine 1 and Far cry 3 = Dunia Engine 2.

Ofcourse it's too good to be true, you can punch, kick and stab sharks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qdZS8jU#t=329s
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-17 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Still the graphics look shit compared to Crysis 1. Since crytek games are published by EA they only develop for consoles. Crysis 2 was terrible and I expect Far Cry 3 to be terrible as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    Still the graphics look shit compared to Crysis 1. Since crytek games are published by EA they only develop for consoles. Crysis 2 was terrible and I expect Far Cry 3 to be terrible as well.
    Read my post and stop dragging Crysis and/or EA into this. No Far Cry game has ever used the same engine as any Crysis game.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Ofcourse it's too good to be true, you can punch, kick and stab sharks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qdZS8jU#t=329s
    You know that Quick Time Events is not an argument in a games favor right?

Why does this game look worse than Far Cry 2? Console much?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Why does this game look worse than Far Cry 2? Console much?
    Judging from the quick time event where the player has to click ''A''. I would say that this is XBox360 Footage, which completely baffles my mind...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Judging from the quick time event where the player has to click ''A''. I would say that this is XBox360 Footage, which completely baffles my mind...
    Yeah. All it's doing is making me go "haha, wow, I think my 5 year old computer will be able to run this!"

Not that I'll be buying it. Far Cry 2 was a repetitive, grindy piece of trash and Far Cry 3 is looking like more of the same.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Gonna be fun to test my PC against this game.

Deleted
    The melee looks idiotically easy. Seriously. It looks like you only need to click melee button somewhere near enemies, and the game will just do the rest.

It looks pretty though, I give you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will crash and burn like everything else

I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the first one but never bothered to pick up the second one. I'll probably pick this one up at some point as I like what I've read.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.