Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

when will patch 5.1 be released

The title says it when will patch 5.1 be released ???

Early December.

Without a raid.

And that says enough. Blizzard has to get their little "holiday content patch" in, even if it means sacrificing a raid to do it. This is clearly part of the reason they delayed HoF and ToES, that way they could use the excuse that there is still "plenty" of raid content to do.

But adding more dailies is a high priority (since so many people love them..............)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Early December.

Without a raid.

And that says enough. Blizzard has to get their little "holiday content patch" in, even if it means sacrificing a raid to do it. This is clearly part of the reason they delayed HoF and ToES, that way they could use the excuse that there is still "plenty" of raid content to do.

But adding more dailies is a high priority (since so many people love them..............)!
    You sound bitter.

The OP was asking when the patch was to be released, not what content it did or did not included. And as far as I can tell 5.1 was never meant to include a raid anyways.

Anyways, sometime in December would be the best estimate I could make.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The patch doesnt neccesarily need to follow the logic of 'the raids have been out for x so therefore we need more content'

As far as i can tell, 5.1 is mostly just extra solo content and dailies. It could come out much sooner than December, since its content is more of a side-upgrade rather than a direct upgrade to the progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The patch doesnt neccesarily need to follow the logic of 'the raids have been out for x so therefore we need more content'

As far as i can tell, 5.1 is mostly just extra solo content and dailies. It could come out much sooner than December, since its content is more of a side-upgrade rather than a direct upgrade to the progression.
    yeah i agree with most of this. 5.1 just doesnt personally do much for me, but thats cause im already burned out on dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Early December.

Without a raid.

Already bored of the content that isn't live yet then?

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

I agree with this - 5.1 appears to be the patch which includes everything Blizzard wanted to implement into the game at launch, but ran out or time.

Quote Originally Posted by pattaylor View Post
    I agree with this - 5.1 appears to be the patch which includes everything Blizzard wanted to implement into the game at launch, but ran out or time.
    I dunno about that, aside from the Fight Club and the DMF alterations, the rest of the patch seems to be advancing the storyline of the war and the legendary quest, neither of which is something they'd care about including at launch.

So far, this is exactly what I've wanted to see from Blizzard to prove they're committed to putting Cataclysm in the past.

Sometime in mid to late november. I still have a ton of stuff to do in 5.0, so I won't mind if 5.1 is a little ways off still.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid to late November. Also, did you really think blizzard would add a new raid when the expansion launched 2 months b4 the patch came out? I expect the new raid in Jan_March.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I dunno about that, aside from the Fight Club and the DMF alterations, the rest of the patch seems to be advancing the storyline of the war and the legendary quest, neither of which is something they'd care about including at launch.

So far, this is exactly what I've wanted to see from Blizzard to prove they're committed to putting Cataclysm in the past.
    Yeah, I know the Krasarang Wilds daily hubs at least have been scheduled for 5.1 since before MoP was even announced.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    probs before december, this patch contains the great father winter event rewards and achievement, clearly stating it is ment for 2012, so it has to be out before that. I am going for either the third or fourth week of november.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna go ahead and say either 21st November or 28th (EU for me so 1 day less for US), simply because the PTR was announced, and up, rather fast, and most things seems pretty finished, oh, and during a starting quest for the alliance, as we have helped the Jinyu, we get told by the Admiral that we are on our own until the Alliance ships arrive, which they say is 2 months from now(then, release day) *Tin foil hat on*.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saýa View Post
    Im gonna go ahead and say either 21st November or 28th (EU for me so 1 day less for US), simply because the PTR was announced, and up, rather fast, and most things seems pretty finished, oh, and during a starting quest for the alliance, as we have helped the Jinyu, we get told by the Admiral that we are on our own until the Alliance ships arrive, which they say is 2 months from now(then, release day) *Tin foil hat on*.
    Yeah, I noticed that. It's a neat touch if the patch does actually happen to come in 2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    The purpose of 5.1 as I have read it is to further the war between the Alliance and Horde, and give us the major events that will carry us the rest of the way. Better than putting some random pointless raid out there in my opinion.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

I would be happy with every 2 months we saw a content patch, alternating between story line advancement hubs/other features and raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont care how early they release it. As long as subquent patchs are released at the same rate

maybe 25 November because I was questing in the jade forest and after the completion of Road Rations Sky Admiral Rogers will say :

The full might of the Alliance navy will arrive in two months' time.
    so since the release was on 25 September , just a wild guess

edit : 25 is Sunday , silly me
    Last edited by rav1410; 2012-10-16 at 08:52 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact it's got the new Winterveil items should be an indication.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rav1410 View Post
    maybe 25 November because I was questing in the jade forest and after the completion of Road Rations Sky Admiral Rogers will say :

so since the release was on 25 September , just a wild guess

edit : 25 is Sunday , silly me
    Just round up. 27th.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess whatever they do, people will QQ. Oh noes..without a raid? Well, lemme see...currently

-13 000 guilds are a minimum of 1/6 normal. That is like...far less than 250 000 players. Or 2,5% of the customers.
    -2500 guilds are 6/6 normal. That is like... far less than 50 000 players. Or 0,5% of the customers
    -19 guilds are 6/6 HM...like...500 players?. Or like..my maths fails me so few of the customers

Yeah..we DEFINITELY need a new raid.
    Not to mention that that's 1/3 raids.