Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Golden Lotus Farming?

For those of you that do this, how often do you find the herb in Pandaria per hour? Are they easy to find?

I've found about 3 over maybe 5 hours of farming but that was just ground farming the starting zone

Deleted
    Hard to find, rare.
    Farmed 200 of each pandaria herb, got 2 golden lotus.

If you know where to look you can come across about 3 an hour

15+ Year Old Account
    You're probably better off finding a good spot to farm Motes of Harmony and exchange the Spirits for 3 of them. But I play on a heavily populated realm; maybe it's different on medium to low if you play there.

They are super easy to find. After you harvest your Songbells you run to Five Stars and hand the motes to the pandaren lady that gives you 3 for a spirit of harmony. Then you have your other alts do the same thing. I have 4 alts, thats 12 Golden Lotus a day.

You can get 1.6 motes a day, and in two days that is 3 spirits of harmony for 9 Lotus every 2 days, on 4 alts that is 36 Golden Lotus every 2 days. Spend your time playing and not looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    do herbs on your exalted tillers farm i get an average of 4-5 each time
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

They're extremely hard to 'farm', as they share a node with other herbs instead of having their own set herbs (akin to silver/gold/truegold veins).

The easier way to get a lot of loti is farming other things and purchasing them on the AH (depending upon server economy), or by farming motes of harmony (currently thought to be the best place is dread wastes, due to klaxxi enhancements/augmentations).

Deleted
    Farming: 16 motes per day = 8 spirits every 5 days = 24 golden lotus every 5 days

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, its no different on a low pop.

Farm for motes. But farm mobs that you need something else from as well, Meat for your food etc.

Two birds one stone.

Deleted
    Haronies and farming if you dont herb.
    Id go with the 2-3 an hour description above, but it needs to be no competition. Not soemthing you really go out to farm because they are so random.

10+ Year Old Account
    I farm mobs that give me 6-8 Spirits of Harmony an hour, so that's around 18-24 golden lotus per hour purely from spirits. They're not hard to farm, you just have to know where to look.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    If you know where to look you can come across about 3 an hour
    This right here. got my alt to 90 yesterday morning leveled herbalism in a few hours to 600 and while farming had 6 lotus within about 2 hours maybe less)

Yeah, I'm going with the spirits of harmony farming. Last night I tested a potion of luck, farmed solidly for an hour to see what I'd get.

~50 motes of harmony
    about 20 green items to DE
    12 stacks of windwool cloth
    Few thousand gold looted
    A really nice blue item to sell on the AH (agility mace, ilevel 442 but requires level 84)
    And a bunch of grey items to vendor.

In 1 hour, using a potion of luck to farm with is 3 golden lotus. Getting 5 spirits (which is 15 golden lotus) seems fair, I think!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did an hour, got ~8000g in items as well as 8 spirits of harmony and 78 bolts of windwool cloth. I like these drop rates.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Planted my first batch of Random HERB seeds at my farm, got 2 golden lotus. So i can tell you the farms not a bad place for them but idk if the RNG gods looked down upon me.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Planted my first batch of Random HERB seeds at my farm, got 2 golden lotus. So i can tell you the farms not a bad place for them but idk if the RNG gods looked down upon me.
    I knew getting rep with tillers will pay off. Have to test this tomorrow!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    If you make the Motes of Harmony plants, you can get 16 motes, that's 3 guaranteed Golden lotus a day, and RNG will never look down on you. IF you do dailies you can easily get 4 extra motes and that turns into 6 Lotus a day.

All i can say is this: Farm + Singing herb = 3 lotus per day at least with 3 freebie every second day
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Easier to plant motes of harmony and farm motes in vale of eternal blossoms. Then use them to buy golden lotus. They're very easy to get that way. Actually farming them through herbing though? Almost impossible. lol