Deleted

Elemental stat weights and simcraft...

I recently ran my character (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Sarve/simple) through Simcraft, and it came back saying that my stat weights are as follows:

------------------Int---Spi---SP----Hit----Crit---Haste--Mastery
    Scale Factors----3.29--0.00--2.78--0.00---1.01--0.88-----1.16
    Normalized-------1.00--0.00--0.85--0.00--0.31--0.27-----0.35

.. and I really don't understand it. I thought our stat priority is haste > mastery > crit and that int is *almost* worth twice as much as haste (which is why I've been gemming for haste rather than int - gives twice the amount of stat points)?

I know that it depends on my gear etc., but the stat scalings it spit out kind of verify this.

So, what is this sorcery? Should I start reforging for mastery and crit, should I start gemming intellect?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-10-16 at 04:55 PM.

In entry-level gear, Intellect will be worth 3-4 times as much as secondary stats. Even simming T14H:

I don't see secondary stats quite hitting the 0.5 intellect mark. So yes, you should be preferring intellect and probably matching sockets.

Haste/Mastery/Crit are closer together than they have been in the past, in MoP they will change places as your gear changes. If you are really OCD about min-maxing, you can run a reforge plot of Haste vs. Crit vs. Mastery to get an idea of how to balance them out - you'll gain maybe 100 DPS if you do.

Deleted
    Where do I see these reforge plots? I remember including it before running the sim, but I can't seem to find it.

There's a "Reforge Plots" sub-tab under the "Options" tab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    There's a "Reforge Plots" sub-tab under the "Options" tab.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. However, where can these plots be found in the results?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I recently ran my character (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Sarve/simple) through Simcraft, and it came back saying that my stat weights are as follows:

------------------Int---Spi---SP----Hit----Crit---Haste--Mastery
    Scale Factors----3.29--0.00--2.78--0.00---1.01--0.88-----1.16
    Normalized-------1.00--0.00--0.85--0.00--0.31--0.27-----0.35

.. and I really don't understand it. I thought our stat priority is haste > mastery > crit and that int is *almost* worth twice as much as haste (which is why I've been gemming for haste rather than int - gives twice the amount of stat points)?
    Your numbers don't hold that up; the "normalized" line is the easiest place to see this as it normalizes all stats to their relative value, compared to 1 Intellect. Haste, in your own values, is at 0.27; roughly 1/4 of Intellect's value.

Using the straight scale factors, a +100 Intellect gem (I know gems are higher than this; I'm making the math easier) is +329 DPS. A +200 Haste gem is +176 DPS (200x0.88 scale factor) Intellect is way better.

I know that it depends on my gear etc., but the stat scalings it spit out kind of verify this.

So, what is this sorcery? Should I start reforging for mastery and crit, should I start gemming intellect?

Thanks.
    Yes to gemming Intellect until secondaries catch up. For the rest, if you want to be accurate, you need to familiarize yourself with simulationcraft. Because those numbers will be changing constantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your numbers don't hold that up; the "normalized" line is the easiest place to see this as it normalizes all stats to their relative value, compared to 1 Intellect. Haste, in your own values, is at 0.27; roughly 1/4 of Intellect's value.

Using the straight scale factors, a +100 Intellect gem (I know gems are higher than this; I'm making the math easier) is +329 DPS. A +200 Haste gem is +176 DPS (200x0.88 scale factor) Intellect is way better.

Yes to gemming Intellect until secondaries catch up. For the rest, if you want to be accurate, you need to familiarize yourself with simulationcraft. Because those numbers will be changing constantly.
    Those reforges plots that #2 mentioned though, where do I find them? I have enabled them in the options, but scrolling through the results I can't find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those reforges plots that #2 mentioned though, where do I find them? I have enabled them in the options, but scrolling through the results I can't find them.
    They're graphs, they should be in the same section with stat weights, right after them.

Deleted
    I see my stat weights, then DPET, damage sources, then Sarve DPS scaling, and then it goes over to individual breakdown of each spell.
    I'll try and sim again I suppose, but I'm 100% certain I saw it - in the lower right bar - spent a lot of time on calculating crit -> haste -> mastery etc.

Should be in the upper right corner of the "Charts" section. If you pick 3 stats to plot, you will just see the word "submit" there and you need to click it to link to the chart.