Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Won't all the whingers feel like tools when the Cartel Coins they are missing out on are worth $5 (or something equally low). All the time bitching they could have searched through their couch and found more money. You really should just stop whinging until we get the cost of coins and the cost of the unlocks.
    I doubt that would help anything, most of the people complaining about coins they miss out know exactly that they will never like the game again and with certainty wont enjoy anything SWTOR will offer in the cartel store. this is about principles and not about the actual coins. they think they deserve this loyalty reward because the paid a sub sometime in the past, they dont actually want them or hell, even use them or god forbid, enjoy them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Won't all the whingers feel like tools when the Cartel Coins they are missing out on are worth $5 (or something equally low). All the time bitching they could have searched through their couch and found more money. You really should just stop whinging until we get the cost of coins and the cost of the unlocks.
    1) God I love Europe, but I hate that spelling of whining. It just makes me think of Harry Potter. (to clarify, I love Harry Potter...this statement was misleading. I just only equate whinging to "little whinging")

2) It doesn't matter what the value is. Searching for more of MY MONEY to buy a stated reward I should have earned would be even more insulting...not to mention that if the value was low like you said, it makes even less sense why they would do this and only serves to further irritate the customer. So let me flip-flop myself, it would actually be worse if it was worth nothing.

3) To dispel any notions of people who don't know what's going on, I think plenty of people who are no longer subscribed would have loved to log on and see what they could do with their coins. If I could unlock the things I wanted and play the game for a little while until enough content comes out to pay for, I would have gladly done it. I would still do it now if they go back on their word again and fulfill the initial claim. I won't be all sunshine and buttercups about it, but I certainly won't keep going on about it.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-19 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Only $15 dollars a month and sixty to eighty percent of the ones who cared enough to buy TOR in the first place, decided it wasn't worth that $15 dollars a month, in only eight months.
    It wasn't the $15 that convinced them TOR wasn't worth while. People's time is worth infinitely more than the monthly fee. People concluded that their time was better spent elsewhere. Doesn't change the fact that whining about putting up some bucks for a game that wasn't worth your time before shouldn't mean its suddenly worth your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    It wasn't the $15 that convinced them TOR wasn't worth while. People's time is worth infinitely more than the monthly fee. People concluded that their time was better spent elsewhere. Doesn't change the fact that whining about putting up some bucks for a game that wasn't worth your time before shouldn't mean its suddenly worth your time.
    Well, at least according to EA, forty percent of the sixty to eighty percent that walked away were "turned off" by its subscription fee. In fact that was the reason EA referenced for why they were adding an F2P model. So I'm not sure where you're coming from saying that $15 wasn't convincing. Austin is trying to get us to change a choice we already made. So discussing the particulars of how their attempt may or may not be found lacking is quite appropriate.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    It's a forum hence discussions, using your logic SWTOR will die, I have no doubt in my mind about that, the steady decline in subscribers since launch that doesn't seem to stop won't be solved by a F2P system that isn't inviting for players to just play and buy perks at their leisure, the segregation between F2P players and subscribers will over time just make the game look smaller and smaller for both sides.
    I think the worst part of it, on this forum at least, is seeing folks that have been TOR fans since launch and now we're leaving after months and months of just waiting and disappointment. Then the idea that we're the disloyal ones, it's like telling an abused spouse "man, you're going to get a divorce? geez, you must not believe in marriage".

For myself, having no way to see the coins are worth in $ value or purchase power, the fact I won't get any doesn't matter very much. I doubt I'll go back even once it's F2P.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well, at least according to EA, forty percent of the sixty to eighty percent that walked away were "turned off" by its subscription fee. In fact that was the reason EA referenced for why they were adding an F2P model. So I'm not sure where you're coming from saying that $15 wasn't convincing. Austin is trying to get us to change a choice we already made. So discussing the particulars of how their attempt may or may not be found lacking is quite appropriate.
    In my "why are you leaving" space, I told them I'm leaving because the HK quest set doesn't live up to their promises and that they've broken too many promises already.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I doubt that would help anything, most of the people complaining about coins they miss out know exactly that they will never like the game again and with certainty wont enjoy anything SWTOR will offer in the cartel store. this is about principles and not about the actual coins. they think they deserve this loyalty reward because the paid a sub sometime in the past, they dont actually want them or hell, even use them or god forbid, enjoy them.
    I had been subbed non-stop since launch through Oct 16th. I was still subbed when there was nothing I felt like doing and would basically run some space missions here and there for fun. If they wanted me back, they might offer me Ortolans or Jawa as playable, or unlock new max level quest series and maybe some new leveling stuff as well. Space missions would be fun. If I come back later, I'll sub to avoid the limitations. But if I come back, I won't get cartel coins from my playtime. Oh well.

My friend has been off and on, when he gets the whim he subs for a month, if he happens to be subbed during the converson, he'll get coins. If he doesn't happen to be subbed at that time, he won't get coins (and we'll be equal in nothingness).

The thing is, which should they really be focusing their efforts on retaining? Or getting to return to the game?

I don't need a 1-50 Trial, I've got 4 level 50's and plenty of alts mid-way.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it's just more of a bad taste in my mouth now.

I think I can break this down more simply for those that keep defending this shit with the "loyalty" card. EA said the reason they went F2P was because a majority of their former subscribers said they didn't want to pay a sub fee. So in order for people to get Cartel Coins that they've created in order to offer this Freemium deal, you have to pay a sub fee. The exact thing they said their former subscribers DIDN'T want to do. If anyone could please explain that kind of twisted logic, I'm all for listening.

ok wait ... you play f2p because you don't want to spend money. you get all these coins IF you pay to play. so basically they are trying to get you to pay for 1 month atleast for all those coins. nevermind the fact that the game is crippled to all hell and not worth doing anything long term in it as f2p. And if you're a subscriber you don't need the coins. so .. subscribe for coins you have no need of ? lol yea right.

The newest tier of gear they put out re-used the exact same models from pervious tier. Guess why? oh i know .. because they have no one in house to design the new armor!!!

why is it people can't properly manage a Star Wars based mmo? seirously. SWG had so much potential but sony's greed ruined it. SWTOR had potential. Then EA's Greed ruined it.

sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I think I can break this down more simply for those that keep defending this shit with the "loyalty" card. EA said the reason they went F2P was because a majority of their former subscribers said they didn't want to pay a sub fee. So in order for people to get Cartel Coins that they've created in order to offer this Freemium deal, you have to pay a sub fee. The exact thing they said their former subscribers DIDN'T want to do. If anyone could please explain that kind of twisted logic, I'm all for listening.
    And they don't have to pay a sub, to take part in the F2P content. They only have to be subbed, to get the coins. It's not really hard to understand, EA/BioWare is making this change to F2P, and want to see if they can get a large number of subs once more. You don't have to re-sub to play. You just have to re-sub if you want extra coins and more free shit. It's like a loyalty rewards program, in which you (you = anyone with a problem with how it's done) don't have to participate.

I, personally, choose to. I'll be keeping my sub, and thus ALL the content unlocked, while having free coins to use to mess around with in the cash shop. I'm perfectly happy with the arrangement.

I learned an interesting tidbit today. While on the fleet this evening, there was a discussion about this. One or two people complained, but most people were for it. I only saw a few minutes of this conversation, but just before my WZ que popped, this guy made a point to laugh off all the doom and gloom posts on the official forms. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said something like: "People on the forums are always whining about the game dying, but when you actually log into the game, the fleet's full and those of us actually in-game are having fun."

Just have fun with this game, or with another game that you like! It's so easy, I just don't understand why this has gone on for 12 pages, especially with people making the same arguments/points.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    I learned an interesting tidbit today. While on the fleet this evening, there was a discussion about this. One or two people complained, but most people were for it. I only saw a few minutes of this conversation, but just before my WZ que popped, this guy made a point to laugh off all the doom and gloom posts on the official forms. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said something like: "People on the forums are always whining about the game dying, but when you actually log into the game, the fleet's full and those of us actually in-game are having fun."

Just have fun with this game, or with another game that you like! It's so easy, I just don't understand why this has gone on for 12 pages, especially with people making the same arguments/points.
    Yep, this really, the old republic is an awesome MMO. I'm having fun, my guildies are having fun, what more matters? In WoW? Everyone having fun? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    ok wait ... you play f2p because you don't want to spend money. you get all these coins IF you pay to play. so basically they are trying to get you to pay for 1 month atleast for all those coins. nevermind the fact that the game is crippled to all hell and not worth doing anything long term in it as f2p. And if you're a subscriber you don't need the coins. so .. subscribe for coins you have no need of ? lol yea right.

The newest tier of gear they put out re-used the exact same models from pervious tier. Guess why? oh i know .. because they have no one in house to design the new armor!!!

why is it people can't properly manage a Star Wars based mmo? seirously. SWG had so much potential but sony's greed ruined it. SWTOR had potential. Then EA's Greed ruined it.

sigh.
    The newest tier of gear looks the same as it's the same gear set as campaign much like rakata looked like columi and tionese

Coins can also be used for vanity stuff like mounts and pets

Deleted
    This isn't entirely on-topic and a lot of you have probably already seen it, but I figured I'd share it anyway.
    Bioware recently released a video preview showing off some of the Free to Play features, including a short look at the cash shop, so I figured I'd share the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/1Axt2.jpg

All the prices have been removed which probably means that they haven't been finalized yet... Personally I think Bioware are very careful about announcing the prices, or even an estimate because if that number would change it would probably cause a ragestorm of epic proportions even if they said it was subject of change.

Not saying anything is bad, but saying something and having to change it might be worse from their perspective.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    This isn't entirely on-topic and a lot of you have probably already seen it, but I figured I'd share it anyway.
    Bioware recently released a video preview showing off some of the Free to Play features, including a short look at the cash shop, so I figured I'd share the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/1Axt2.jpg

All the prices have been removed which probably means that they haven't been finalized yet... Personally I think Bioware are very careful about announcing the prices, or even an estimate because if that number would change it would probably cause a ragestorm of epic proportions even if they said it was subject of change.

Not saying anything is bad, but saying something and having to change it might be worse from their perspective.
    We can clearly see the magnitude of the prices' numbers.
    Lowest is 2 digits as in 10-99 range (for space missions obviously)
    Highest is 4-5 digits as in 1,000-99,999 range (lower left corner)
    Carbonite Chamber seems to be 3 digits as in 100-999 range. Sames as Crime Lord's Cartel Pack, XP boost, pet, mount and color crystal.

So the shown 16426 number seems to be a comfortable amount to have.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    We can clearly see the magnitude of the prices' numbers.
    Lowest is 2 digits as in 10-99 range (for space missions obviously)
    Highest is 4-5 digits as in 1,000-99,999 range (lower left corner)
    Carbonite Chamber seems to be 3 digits as in 100-999 range. Sames as Crime Lord's Cartel Pack, XP boost, pet, mount and color crystal.

So the shown 16426 number seems to be a comfortable amount to have.
    This is a very reasonable guesstimate. Comparing that with how much you get with a monthly sub kinda puts into perspective how terribly priced this structure will be. While we don't know the exact monetary value of purchasing coins, only a couple hundred come with a sub. So even if the bottom left was only 10k, it would take you years of playing or your own money to get anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post

Yes, a Bioware employee said on Reddit that this screenshot was from an alpha build and that the numbers have changed.
    As I mentioned in another thread: This was taken at a very early build on an Alpha server and is not representative of the value of Cartel Coins. More details will be coming soon.
    Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...window/c6okndb

Deleted
    God you lot are a bunch of whiney cumcrossed bitches. Sounds quite familiar to a room of children, where one or two of the brats has gotten one chickenfinger too many. Domt like the game?; get the F back to wow and the 8yearold graphicscartoon. SW:ToR is a buffet of fantastic perks and innovative gameplay, but yet you simply chose to whiney about the lack of what there is not.

Cartel coins is a perk rewarded to loyal customers, so loyal or not, let me break it down like this; you aren't entitled to jacked peas! - Why is your platter always halfempty? Enjoy what you are given, and hope for more instead of sitting around moping like crossed twats who "didn't get what he was entitled to"! - You dont even know the rewards yet, but you are obviously majorly crossed because you missed out on a few coins you don't even know the value of.....

Resub, get coins, be happy... I bet most of you are the types that whines when you got a yellow car, instead of a blue!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liep View Post
    I bet most of you are the types that whines when you got a yellow car, instead of a blue!
    What are you blabbering about? We do not even own cars. We ain't that cool.

Deleted
    What are you blabbering about? We do not even own cars. We ain't that cool.
    Silly me! I dont have anymore analogies - Just imagine your parents got you a car, and it was yellow and not blue!

(If you retort with; What are you blabbering about? We do not have parents. We aint that cool. - Then im out of beans... Sorry.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The correct analogy with a car would be this:
    Parents: "Hey, Bobby! Remember when we promised to buy you a car of your favorite blue color at your 18th birthday? And all you had to do is behave and get all A's in school!"
    Bobby: "Yes, and I did as we agreed! And now it's my 18th birthday! Where's my car?
    Parents: "Sorry, Bobby! We have changed our minds. If you still want the car - you have to pay for it. But it will be yellow."

Deleted
    The correct analogy with a car would be this:
    Parents: "Hey, Bobby! Remember when we promised to buy you a car of your favorite blue color at your 18th birthday? And all you had to do is behave and get all A's in school!"
    Bobby: "Yes, and I did as we agreed! And now it's my 18th birthday! Where's my car?
    Parents: "Sorry, Bobby! We have changed our minds. If you still want the car - you have to pay for it. But it will be yellow."
    - So now Bobby is riding the bus to his executive manager position, strolling in at 10am every day, and smirking lewdly at his hot blonde secretary, who gives a complimentary blowjob every day at 3pm! After that, Bobby rides the bus home to his lovely family and his grand villa - which of course is paid out! -, kisses his misses hello, and goes to bed to rise the next morning and repeat the process!

All because Bobby's parents motivated him to get straight A's in school, and fucked him over in the end. I dont think Bobby is pissed, because in reality, Bobby did stride himself to do good in school to get a car! - But in the end, Bobby reaped the rewards himself. His parents never got anything out of motivating Bobby - It could have set them back a few grand for that car, but since Bobby didnt get it, he can afford the car himself today. Bobby just chooses to ride the bus every day, because it reminds him that you reap the crops you sow.

IF Bobby's parents got him the car, I am sure Bobby would be a looser in a blue pickup, cruising for jailbait.

I don't even understand how this thread became about pedos in blue cars.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -