Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Cartel Coins Ledger

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce a new Cartel Coin Ledger page on www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. This new web page is located on the left hand navigation bar within the “My Account” section. It gives you a detailed list of all the Complimentary Cartel Coins you could potentially receive at the launch of the Free-to-Play option!

You will receive Complimentary Cartel Coins for all your previous and current subscription months. There are additional grants for the purchase of a Collector’s Edition or a Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a one-time reward at the launch of the Free-to-Play option. You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option.

The Complimentary Cartel Coins you will receive can be used to acquire must-have pets, vehicles, XP boots, and more from the new Cartel Market when the Free-to-Play option launches.

For more information on all of the rewards you could potentially receive visit the Free-to-Play FAQ.

Also, check out www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE/Features for newly updated information concerning the Free-to-Play option. Don’t forget that you can stay up to date on the latest news and announcements on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

(Source)

Paid for like... 10 months.

"You can earn Complimentary Cartel Coins by becoming a subscriber."

That's how many I have.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

That's how many I have.
    Really it doesn't have a "If you resubscribe now you'll get x many"?

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 03:24 PM ----------

Actually... something is not right. It's showing that for me too and yea I have never canceled my sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Really it doesn't have a "If you resubscribe now you'll get x many"?
    Nope. I was subscribed through September and I have that fucking message staring me in the face.

That's how many I have.
    Still have active subscription and get the same text, damn long down time and then this bullshit...
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-10-17 at 05:11 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

yep... /sigh

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Everyone - thanks for the reports. We're currently investigating the issues with the website that you've brought up. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information or a fix!

(Source)

Joveth also tweeted me to say they are working on it, can't link though because I can only access twitter on my phone at work.

"You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option."

Wasn't this what we were worried about to begin with? This is like, extremely disconcerting to hear : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    "You’ll only receive your Complimentary Cartel Coins if you’re active and subscribed when we go live with the new Free-to-Play option."

Wasn't this what we were worried about to begin with? This is like, extremely disconcerting to hear : /
    EA: How can we trick people into spending 15 more dollars?

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    nice troll their post...
    What?

+10char

damn man as a faithful player and going through all the negativity throughout this whole time these ppl are just plain DUMBFUCKED idiots that i guess dont have a clue.

i am still a subber but to FORCE ppl that paid time up until a point and stopped to sub again to get coins they DESERVE according to their charts is just plain STUPID.

at this point i really think they should just stop right here and just give up because its just to damned sad to see how this S**Twreck of an avalanche is continuously pissing off its remaining playerbase and those that REALLY want to play but are getting buttborked just to get what they deserve.

think i might just take my money over to Rift now and give up on this game at last.(well AFTER i get my coins first)

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 07:51 PM ----------

ROFLMAO and now he main site is down i guess they are working to fix what they borked yet AGAIN........

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Austin should "give up" per se. Not trying to read too negative but its pretty much been this way since launch hasn't it? Instead of expecting it to get better, shouldn't we just be used to it by now?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    I don't think they could have screwed the game and player base more if they tried, nothing surprises me about TOR anymore. How can they make so many stupid decisions? who's calling the shots on this game it's got to be the biggest fails ever released.

They haven't screwed me... I'm subbed...and will remain subbed...I have a ton of fun playing, and my guild is amazing.
    As with every game...play what makes you happy

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

In this particular instance I really hate to say I told you so.

Great lead in the have to that statement with, "It gives you a detailed list of all the Complimentary Cartel Coins you could potentially receive at the launch of the Free-to-Play option!" It's nice to know that they have so many conditional statements which could potentially apply to current subscribers at launch too. At this point they are trying to make Cartel Coins into lottery tickets.

EA: How can we trick people into spending 15 more dollars?
    I guess that's why they brought the servers down...to change up the language and make it even more legally ambiguous.

EA Just reaffirmed the big middle finger they gave us when I first mentioned this in the other thread. Fuck them.

I think I may have to press them on refunding my money for the last 2 months since I rarely logged on and since I reactivated my subscription the day they did the original announcement about the coins. I doubt it will go anywhere, but I'm going to pester the shit out of them.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:25 PM ----------

Joveth also tweeted me to say they are working on it, can't link though because I can only access twitter on my phone at work.
    Tweet him back asking why they are stabbing their initial customer base in the back.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-16 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    They haven't screwed me... I'm subbed...and will remain subbed...I have a ton of fun playing, and my guild is amazing.
    As with every game...play what makes you happy
    i do still enjoy the game from time to time and will prolly stay subbed for a month or 2 after F2P just to see what i can see but damn man all these screwups and its not even the FIRST YEAR end i mean really......... games have had their problems but they also had SUCCESSES. what successes has TOR had since launch i cant even think of 1

I enjoy the raiding and my guild is progressing nicely even after a bad crash a few weeks ago. but I am sick of the amount of fail that it continually gives the playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I guess that's why they brought the servers down...to change up the language and make it even more legally ambiguous.
    You have 200 cartel coins, if this cat is alive.

We have placed the cat into a box with some poison.

The cat has either eaten the poison and you do not have 200 cartel coins or the cat has not eaten the poison and you do.

Until we open the box, you both have and do not have 200 cartel coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Tweet him back asking why they are stabbing their initial customer base in the back.
    Honestly it is probably because they want to give an incentive to people to resub now, and to reward people have stayed subed/already resubed and not reward people who currently aren't giving them any money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it is probably because they want to give an incentive to people to resub now
    Honestly it is because of just this. And "want to give an incentive" actually means: "Increase our initial F2P conversion numbers, available cash on hand, etc". Get it while the getting is 'good' so to speak.

And let's top that off with: If this big splashy news doesn't have a date in November when the website comes back up, they are outright spitting in everyone's face (current subscribers included) and not giving a damn.

Fool me once, shame on EA. Fool me twice...no wait, they didn't do that.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-16 at 08:42 PM.

Honestly it is probably because they want to give an incentive to people to resub now, and to reward people have stayed subed/already resubed and not reward people who currently aren't giving them any money.
    yes but this is a double-edged sword Arlee. those that have subbed and moved on they EARNED those coins according to BWs own site. to MAKE them SUB just to get what they earned is a business ploy to pad numbers at the end of their next report. it will prolly go like this.

LOOK investors we have received a large portion of our former subscribers to come back and play the game again look at those numbers we have not seen them in a while.

it will make their bottomline look good for JUST that bit of time, and their hope is that when the "former" subbers return they "MIGHT"(relly strong emphasis on this here) stay for a while longer to keep those numbers looking good.

it is a bad tactic for them and will bit them in the ass i guarantee you that. if they gave the coins to those former subbers when F2P launches they will get more outta that bit o' honey then what they are trying to do now

Its almost like EA wants to shut swtor down and in order to justify doing so is intentionally driving away customers.

Deleted
    its sad too see that they force ppl i getting a last 1 month sub before F2P starts or else they wont get their coins.

fingers crossed for you folks out there that they change that policy