Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Been waiting for weeks and no Honor weapons?

Im tired of waiting for honor weapons, this is bullshit.

I dont like half assed pvp gear, i want my pvp weapon.

I want my honor weapon because ive been capped and geared at 4k honor for weeks.

Is bliz derping around? Like whats up here?

Don't worry man, Malevolent tier 1 weapons are comparable to lfr for PvP. People who have been raiding normal modes will be shitting on others in arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Don't worry man, Malevolent tier 1 weapons are comparable to lfr for PvP. People who have been raiding normal modes will be shitting on others in arenas.
    How is that possible if the Tier of PvP weapons adds 2k+ to pvp power?

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Exactly^

Pvp power scales better then strength/int/agility in pvp. So the pvp gear will always be better in pvp.. Like it should be.

Deleted
    They could have made you farm like 15k honor before being able to buy a blue pvp weapon and they could have reduced the pure dmg done while increasing pvp power to nerf it in pve and buff it in pvp.

Sure, every expansion had no pvp weapons for honor at the start, but this is MOP, i think its perfectly fine to put the honor weapons there.

To put it simply: its ghostcrawlers idea. And you all know what an amazing designer he is.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-17 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit pointless putting them in soon anyway... couple weeks and people will have their epic pvp weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    It's a bit pointless putting them in soon anyway... couple weeks and people will have their epic pvp weapons.
    So if i get 7500 conquest points on my main can i buy it instantly on my alt now?

Deleted
    For some classes dps scales better with weapon damage than pvp power.

A couple of weeks is ALOT of BGs and arenas though. I want a PvP weapon, but my HC dungeon wep does all the dmg I need as ret though ^^ Not sure how good the PvP weps will be as ret, as dmg pretty much scales from weapon dmg.

Anyone know what would be best?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    That still leaves me with a problem.

What am I gona do with my honor?

I want a vendor of current goods i can spend my honor on.

Ghost Iron Ore, Enchanting materials, herbs, etc.

Im geared out in PvE and Geared out in PvP , idk what to do because my cap is 4000 honor.

But yes, your right, i'll have my epic weapon very soon.

Would have been nice if Blizz didn't ruin this Season with no Honor Weapons. Kind of stupid if you ask me. Idk if any of you feel this way, but if my gear is incomplete, it just feels weird? Like, i have all pvp gear, but pve weapons. Its repugnant to say the least.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    A couple of weeks is ALOT of BGs and arenas though. I want a PvP weapon, but my HC dungeon wep does all the dmg I need as ret though ^^ Not sure how good the PvP weps will be as ret, as dmg pretty much scales from weapon dmg.

Anyone know what would be best?

The 2000+ pvp power would be substantial.

If the weapon is 500iL+ and its pve, just go with that.

Other than that, PvP weapon conquest is gona be better.
    Last edited by paulywally; 2012-10-17 at 12:27 PM.

Blue post said they'll prolly add an Honor Vendor to spend your excess Honor on next patch (5.1)

So I guess we just wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2000+ pvp power would be substantial.

If the weapon is 500iL+ and its pve, just go with that.

Other than that, PvP weapon conquest is gona be better.
    I agree that the lack of honor weapons is mucking up the PvP scene right now. I mean compare the best weapons raiders have access to with weapons available from heroic dungeons, which most PvP'ers are using now.

Here is the best available 2H sword right now:

Heroic Starshatter: 502 iLvL, 4.7k dps, 1294 Str, 949 Crit, and 716 Expertise

And here is the Lightbreaker Greatsword, available from Scarlet Monastery:

Lightbreaker Greatsword: 463 iLvL, 3.3k dps, 899 Str, 456 Expertise, 683 Mastery

Many PvP'ers, certainly those who dont raid, have been using these 463 iLvL weapons in PvP. Considering Conq weapons havent been widely available yet, there certainly has been raiders using weapons in PvP that outclass anything that non-raiders have access to. However, I'm fairly certain many people will be getting their epic PvP weapon this week, and I'll list one here to compare as well:

Malevolent Gladiator's Greatsword: 470 iLvL, 3.5k dps, 960 Str, 604 Crit, 640 PvP Resil, and 2235 PvP Power

The PvP power is definitely the focal point of the conversation here: does 2.2k PvP Power outweigh the increased dps and other stats that weapons from Heroic raid weapons provide? Interesting maths inc:

2.2k PvP Power is equal to about a 10% dps increase.

Heroic Starshatter has a 34% higher dps value, 334 more Strength, and a decent amount of secondary stats as well.

Looking at these numbers, I believe there is a fair potential for PvE weapons of this tier to outclass PvP weapons of this season. Exact results would have to be simmed in order to ascertain a definitive answer. Not to mention that high iLvL PvE weapons have been around for several weeks, which has lead to raiders getting an advantage in PvP over the last several weeks.

Honor weapons available upon the release of normal mode raids would have solved this problem. I am unsure as to why Blizzard chose not to release these weapons for purchase at all.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Deleted
    GC has once again gone full retard with his decision not to implement honour weapons.

'duh, but, uh, they would be too good for pve'

so nerf their damage and buff pvp power on them - simple fix. and I'm not a lead designer.

it's about time GC got his ass sacked and a real developer takes his job. He has shit for brains seriously.

back on topic though, I'm getting my T1 weapon today

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    GC has once again gone full retard with his decision not to implement honour weapons.

Yeah, it's not like they implemented a retarded system wherein you have to earn a high running total of honor in a season to buy those PvP weapons specifically to make that route unattractive to PvE players already. And it's not like they then proceeded to nerf that gear to be well worse than heroics gear anyway.

Why is it such a monstrosity of poor game design that a misinformed or terrible PvE player can potentially earn an upgrade through PvP, when currently all PvPers are actually forced to PvE for the best (temporary) PvP gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Yeah, it's not like they implemented a retarded system wherein you have to earn a high running total of honor in a season to buy those PvP weapons specifically to make that route unattractive to PvE players already. And it's not like they then proceeded to nerf that gear to be well worse than heroics gear anyway.

Why is it such a monstrosity of poor game design that a misinformed or terrible PvE player can potentially earn an upgrade through PvP, when currently all PvPers are actually forced to PvE for the best (temporary) PvP gear?
    I agree with this & I hate how we are inconvenienced as a result of PvE. I mean, Honor gear got nerfed when it was realized that it's pretty easy to farm out. If its so abhorrent for PvE'ers to use PvE gear that such an occurrence merits a gear hotfix, why isn't the same treatment being given to PvP'ers when we have been forced to use PvE weapons for the last several weeks?
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Im tired of waiting for honor weapons, this is bullshit.

I dont like half assed pvp gear, i want my pvp weapon.

I want my honor weapon because ive been capped and geared at 4k honor for weeks.

Is bliz derping around? Like whats up here?
    They didn't have honor weapons in the first seasons in BC, Wrath, or Cataclysm. Why did you expect them now?

(They did have welfare PvP epics from arena in S1 in BC, but that wasn't honor gear. Weapons for honor only came in S3, when the S1 weapons became available.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm forced to either use the Ring of Blood 2hander for 6 weeks, get lucky in a Normal/Heroic Dungeon, or get super lucky in a LFR after face-walling because of noobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I'm forced to either use the Ring of Blood 2hander for 6 weeks, get lucky in a Normal/Heroic Dungeon, or get super lucky in a LFR after face-walling because of noobs...
    You can also buy crafted ilvl 463 weapons from a blacksmith.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    They're not going to add honour weapons, they will come next season. No expansion has started with weapons for honour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post

so nerf their damage and buff pvp power on them - simple fix. and I'm not a lead designer.

it's about time GC got his ass sacked and a real developer takes his job. He has shit for brains seriously.

back on topic though, I'm getting my T1 weapon today

Wish i would get my t1 this week That aside, sometimes i don't know what is going through their heads. We're not devs, we don't get a word when it comes to pvp decisions. But by the power of common sense, one would think making ilvl 450 honor weps with pvp power as a secondary stat wouldn't make or break the pve race at the start of an expansion/season. A 450 wep would be far worse than a HC wep yet better in pvp thanks to pvp power. Well no point to went at this point anymore.