Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    You are totally missing something. Hundreds of people are grinding away for their Legendaries every day in the Cursed Shore.
    And legendaries are meant to be.......legendary?

Yes, I've seen the requirements and it's a colossal undertaking. Makes my pre-nerf Insane title look like a walk in the park.

But let's be honest, it was a bit ridiculous to see that blue dragon flying over Orgrimmar every single day.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    *snip* ...mmorpgs are just always buggy and nobody has solved it yet
    This is the truth sadly ...
    They are working on the game so giv eit some time
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Now I know why I have you on ignore, its dumb comments like this, I dont want to turn this in to a wow v gw2 debate like your trying. I said more bang for your buck, ie you get more rewards for running orr, only completionists will want to run downlevelled zones, no one with a brain will go back to a level 10 zone to get rewards if they have 100% in there.
    Your last comment is the biggest load of drivel Ive read from you and isnt worth me defending, if you think that the majority of players raid your a bigger fool than i thought, to defend it would just descend in to inane wow vs gw2.

orr being 1 zone/3zones symantics not a defense.

Must be just you then, I am level 80 and I spend most of the time anywhere but Orr.... and you'd be surprised how many more people go to lower levels, maybe you should try it out....

As for wow... seriously why bring into this something that has 90% of the game deserted ....

P.S. this thread will get locked soon anyway since everyone's so trigger happy.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    You are totally missing something. Hundreds of people are grinding away for their Legendaries every day in the Cursed Shore, just by rotating between the same 5-7 Dynamic Events. Most events are so overloaded with people you can barely "tag" the attacking mobs who have a life expectancy of roughly 2 seconds. It's run over with Bots too, who simply stand and certain DE ant auto-shot everything in range.

None of these design decision would have to be this way. But for some reason ANet decided to do it so. It doesn't make sense given everything they set out to achieve with GW2.
    I don't believe Anet wanted the game to be played like this, one massive zerg missing out on all the other dynamic events they have spent their time and money creating. If you really believe that then you are (what's a nicer word than stupid?)

I agree with you its broken, Anet just needs to reward freeing up the temples better to get people off the zerg track. They have a lot of their plate atm, trying to get out new content for people that are fine with this style of play and also there are more serious bugs to fix. Broken DE's, invisable players in WvW, getting rid of bots (3000 a few weeks back was a good start)

You need to relax and let them fix things, they can't address all YOUR issues overnight.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

I just hate Anets lack of interest with WvW it seems. You see red posts flooded in other sections of the official forums but nothing in WvW, also the response that free transfers are still up because the guest system doesnt work yet is complete bull.
    Free transfers are going to be the downfall of this game because lets be honest WvW is the endgame for an extremely large group of players and in its current form its just server hoping when your server looses, which destroys communities. If free server transfers were ended after 2 weeks we wouldn't have these constant blowouts in WvW in every fucking bracket every god damn week and we wouldn't have these handful of straight up dead servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    What dead servers? NA has 1 medium population server and the rest are high or full. ANet has done an amazing job with managing server populations.

I think you have it confused with some other game that doesn't give a crap about server pops.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Having some trouble with logging in and finding another thing is broken, getting a little old but it's not concerning me a whole lot.

I generally just go on and complete some stuff in zones. Almost at 50% map completion so I'm taking my time with it. Not even going to try to complete Orr until the bugs have been ironed out almost completely. Last time I was there, well... There were quite a few bugs.

As for funneled in to one zone, I kind of agree and kind of disagree. While there is the 'go to a lower level zone' option, it's simply not as good. You get less karma, less experience and less cash. You also miss out on a lot of vital waypoints by not going there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird I finished Orr without problems on Sunday and got the Explorer + map completion achievements and finished personal story finally as well (was kind of slacking there). I remember there were a lot of bugs but for once it seemed the ones I have stumbled over before were gone.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    What dead servers? NA has 1 medium population server and the rest are high or full. ANet has done an amazing job with managing server populations.

I think you have it confused with some other game that doesn't give a crap about server pops.
    Yeah if you did any research you'd know those servers are populated by mostly bots, look at shit like Anvil Rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats upsetting me most about ANet is that the game needs some new content, and instead of getting emails about what they are working on, and what they plan on changing ~ Ive received 6 emails from Anet since launch, each asking me to buy something from the store in a different way. Not once have they sent me an informative email on whats going on behind closed doors, what to expect, what changes they plan on making. . . NOTHING but BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY. No thanx. Ill buy some stuff from the store when you give me some end game.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    he just said GC communicates well
    Depends on how you define "well". Do you mean gc is vocal about his opinions? Then sure.

Now, being factual and rational on the other hand...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account

Only durring prime time bud.

And quit with the stupid ass "WoW Sux" bull shit, its getting fucking old. Its not an excuse for ANet to make these kinds of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Only durring prime time bud.
    Not many people play video games at 4 am.

More at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Not many people play video games at 4 am.

More at 11.
    Then check the server population at 2pm. Or do not many people play video games at 2pm? What about 4pm? Why arent they maxed out and FULL at 4pm? Isnt half the country off work by then?

And honestly, this debate is over the population of servers. So we should stick to the topic at hand. Which is ~ ANet is dropping the ball in a lot of areas, and they need to step their game up if they want to compete with WoW. GW2 has the framework to dominate the MMO market for the next 5 years. They just need to focus on content and less on "BUY SUM GEMZ FRUM OUR STORE CUZ HATS R COOL!".
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-10-17 at 04:01 PM.

Then check the server population at 2pm. Or do not many people play video games at 2pm? What about 4pm? Why arent they maxed out and FULL at 4pm? Isnt half the country off work by then?
    4pm EST? Almost everyone is still in work. 4pm PST? Half the country is eating dinner and watching the nightly news.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 04:02 PM ----------

They just need to focus on content and less on "BUY SUM GEMZ FRUM OUR STORE CUZ HATS R COOL!".
    Yes. It clearly took them many months to make that hat.

Quote Originally Posted by mace16 View Post
    Yeah if you did any research you'd know those servers are populated by mostly bots, look at shit like Anvil Rock.
    This is pretty hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    4pm EST? Almost everyone is still in work. 4pm PST? Half the country is eating dinner and watching the nightly news.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 04:02 PM ----------

Yes. It clearly took them many months to make that hat.
    I think prime time is 5 to 11pm, right? Or is it 10pm?

I think prime time is 5 to 11pm, right? Or is it 10pm?
    There appears to be these things called "time zones" that makes prime time a vague early to late evening timey-whimy thing.
    This temporal distortion requires more investigation. We will have to contact Cromie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mace16 View Post
    Oh, this again

Why would bots populate a game so heavily if there were no players to sell the items or gold to? Just let your mind unwrap for a moment and consider the implications.

ANet is working hard on controlling the bot issue that most/all games face. They've already handed down a significant number of Permanent Bans. From Colin Johanson's interview with MMORPG.com last week:

MMORPG.com: Now, let's focus on the live teams each a little bit. How goes the fight against the spammers and bots with the live security team? (If this isn't answered in question one.)

Colin Johanson: The battle is going extremely well currently! We’ve hired a number of new support staff to work with our security team to identify and nuke numerous bots and hackers, and we’re continuing to refine our detection methods to get more of them every day. Last week more than 4800 bots and hackers were banned from the game permanently. Our customer service team has improved its ticket response time down so it now takes ¼ the amount of time it used to when we launched. We’re continuing to improve in all of these areas, and shooting for making the game as bot and hacker free as we possibly can.

Each day that goes by, our response team gets faster and our ability to detect them better. We know we still have work to do, we need to get even better at finding and removing them, but we’ve come an incredibly long way in a very short time since launch and have put more people on this problem to solve it.
    Valar morghulis

Why would bots populate a game so heavily if there were no players to sell the items or gold to? Just let your mind unwrap for a moment and consider the implications.
    Dear god.
    They've become selfaware.
    TURN OFF THE NETWORK BEFORE THEY INFECT THE BLENDERS!!!