Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Dear god.
    They've become selfaware.
    TURN OFF THE NETWORK BEFORE THEY INFECT THE BLENDERS!!!
    ANET....= SKYNET? Mind blown! No wait. I've already predicted Battle.net is SKYNET.

Oh. Em. Gee.

They're all SKYNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ANET....= SKYNET? Mind blown! No wait. I've already predicted Battle.net is SKYNET.

Oh. Em. Gee.

They're all SKYNET.
    ANET AND Battle.net HAVE BEEN MERGED BY CHRISTIANSINGLES.COM!!!

FORMING SKYNET!!!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    As a very active GW2 player, avid partaker in the online forums and other GW2 communities I must say I'm very disappointed with ANet in many ways since the game has launched.

This criticism isn't directed at the product, Guild Wars 2 is a great game by any standard, but more at the company policies, QA etc.

1. Patches making the game buggier rather than better - It seems for every patch ANet has employed over the past few weeks they managed to break a handful of other things in the process. Hell I remember a week where almost 1/3rd of all DE in certain areas were bugged. I recall patches that broke Skill-Challenges that were working previously. Arah has been virtually locked the entire last week due to some bug. The Borderlands Jumping Puzzles are still broken, by something they patched 2 weeks ago and the list goes on.

I mean I've literally had patches that broke more things for me than they fixed (often fixing stuff I never even noticed). It seems as if ANet's QA department is too small or their patches aren't reviewed properly. I hope this improves over time, maybe if we get a PTR, but what I've seen until now is pretty sad.

2. Almost complete lack of communications about core issues with the game-play.

I understand and appreciate the stance of "let's lean back and watch the meta-game evolve" when ot comes to PvP class-balance issues. It can be frustrating at times but it makes sense given how young the game is and how builds and tactics are still evolving.

But there are other things that really need to be addressed, or at least commented on. Free server transfers for example are seriously impairing WvW. It encourages sabotage, guild-hopping and various other undesirable activities. It also goes against building server communities if people start to fluctuate to the winning servers. While we all appreciated the free transfers, they need to end asap. They are hurting the game.

Downed state in PvP is another hot-topic and I would appreciate to at least hear the developers thoughts on it. It has some seriously game-breaking implications in WvW, really limiting what undermanned players can achieve against larger groups. It works nicely in PvE but really hurts the game in PvP.

Night-capping was the only issue I recall that did provoke an official response, one that didn't address a single concern voiced by the community and ignored any of the reasonable suggestion to mitigate the issue.

I'd also like to hear what their take is on, despite wanting to achieve the opposite, players are funneled into Orr at level 80 simply because it's the most lucrative and efficient location to grind. It goes against EVERYTHING GW2 set out to achieve and really doesn't make sense design wise.

It's time like these when I really miss somebody like Ghostcrawler who, despite times of absence during Catalcysm, always took the time to explain certain design paradigms and goals. ANet needs a Ghostcrawler.

But, the whole game is an adventure! You can count rabbits in every zone, meditate under water, jump from walls to see how far before you die and countless fun things like these. Why would people stay in orr and grind gold, gear and karma to progress (forgive me father) their char? Isn't the exploring enough at 80? That should be fun for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO!

Stop it you guys, I've already had too much hilarity for one day, my sides, they ache.

Our server is pretty much owning up WvW atm so everyone is going in and getting map completion. At 3 am there was about 70 of us and one sweet little mesmer in the Obsidium Sanctum jump puzzle, I thought I would die I was laughing so hard.
    Valar morghulis

To give a more "real" answer to the time zone thing.

So people get home around 5-6 ish pm and play till about 11pm.
    EST
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    CMT
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Mountain
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    PST
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

I would imagine that you can figure out what your "prime time" is using this.

The largest over lap is underlined.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-10-17 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    To give a more "real" answer to the time zone thing.

So people get home around 5-6 ish pm and play till about 11pm.
    EST
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    CMT
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    PST
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11

I would imagine that you can figure out what your "prime time" is using this.

The largest over lap is underlined.
    You missed Mountain Time :P What you have labeled as PST is actually mountain time, and then shift once more to the left for PST...or everything else right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

ugh ur right

*Points to sig*

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Get used to it. 90% of the threads here seem to be filled with people trying to deflect any issues in GW2 with comments about how WoW had issues.

Yeah, I'm a little sick of hearing the whole "downleveling!" crap.

Fact is, if you go back to a lowbie zone at level 80 you'll be mowing down mobs in one ability usage most of the time. In fact, even as low as level 22, my engineer almost one-shots a lot of mobs in Metrica.

And the rewards are completely awful. Like 1/8th the XP/Karma/cash you'd get from an Orr event.

So yeah, as far as features go it's really not nearly as awesome as people seem to want to try to convince everyone that it is.
    Brofist!

Down levelling frustrated me as a feature, it had the potential to be awesome, to actually make all content viable would be an achievement, but like you say the frustrating thing is the delivery. My main bugbear was that as you got down levelled you could down things so quickly but because you were down levelled you also pulled things as if you were the same level so if you wanted to do a vista at 80 and couldn't care less about the level 5 mobs you cant just bypass them ala those other games over there ---> but have to continuously just nuke them. I want to see 2 or 3 max level zones, thats going to improve end game as far as im concerned, or tweaking downlevelling to offer greater rewards, hell make people even weaker so they dont nuke stuff while they are at it.
    Karizee, you need to apply to anet for PR role.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Brofist!

Down levelling frustrated me as a feature, it had the potential to be awesome, to actually make all content viable would be an achievement, but like you say the frustrating thing is the delivery. My main bugbear was that as you got down levelled you could down things so quickly but because you were down levelled you also pulled things as if you were the same level so if you wanted to do a vista at 80 and couldn't care less about the level 5 mobs you cant just bypass them ala those other games over there ---> but have to continuously just nuke them. I want to see 2 or 3 max level zones, thats going to improve end game as far as im concerned, or tweaking downlevelling to offer greater rewards, hell make people even weaker so they dont nuke stuff while they are at it.
    Karizee, you need to apply to anet for PR role.
    You might have better luck in a different game then - most of complaints are silly 'I want X" why doesn't Anet deliver X - look its in other games like XX & XXX. Arguments like 'this is standard' and alike are simply anecdotal as they are mostly personal preference desires.

Don't like downed state, well I don't like guns and granades in Halo series, I want them to use swords and staffs - developer is useless and does not know what MAJORITY of real gaming community wants. No comment or argument will prove that having guns and granades that they designed as part of the game philisophy and mechanics is a viable way....

draykorinee - you are one of those who considers themselves 'super objective' whilst in reality things are far from that and you constantly interpreted your personal dislikes as if the general views of entire game community and think that anyone who disagrees or supports Anet is a fanboy. So why bother even debating with you.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    Ironically they just did an AMA a few minutes ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...d_wars_2_amaa/

Some days I honestly do see more bots than real players. It's actually a little shocking just how many of them there are.

I've started calling them "Bear Armies" because it always seems to be groups of hunters with bear pets.
    In all honesty, I just saw my first group of them a few days ago. All naked rangers. I reported them all, too. I had never seen them up until that point.

Ironically they just did an AMA a few minutes ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...d_wars_2_amaa/
    exactly....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

its not their first one either, but I really doubt their answers will satisfy your need to fix and change the game to suit you. dwoned state and night capping aren't likely to go away. Free server transfers might get addressed to stop griefing in WvW.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    What dead servers? NA has 1 medium population server and the rest are high or full. ANet has done an amazing job with managing server populations.

I think you have it confused with some other game that doesn't give a crap about server pops.
    I think why people feel servers are dead is because of that viewing distance bug, which is very annoying. the 5-10' viewing distance we have now blows.

Yeah, it's one of those things that I didn't notice until I did....and then I REALLY started noticing it. Rangers camped at the towns across Orr, Rangers roaming in packs around the newbie zones, Rangers camped out at various event spawns, Rangers and....well, it's always Rangers!! =O
    I've seen quite a few Guardian bots as well.

There is a common theme to both of those professions, both are fairly brain dead to perform adequately at (notice I didn't say perform well).

I don't think you'll ever see an elementalist bot (or any of the casters really).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    You might have better luck in a different game then - most of complaints are silly 'I want X" why doesn't Anet deliver X - look its in other games like XX & XXX. Arguments like 'this is standard' and alike are simply anecdotal as they are mostly personal preference desires.

Don't like downed state, well I don't like guns and granades in Halo series, I want them to use swords and staffs - developer is useless and does not know what MAJORITY of real gaming community wants. No comment or argument will prove that having guns and granades that they designed as part of the game philisophy and mechanics is a viable way....

draykorinee - you are one of those who considers themselves 'super objective' whilst in reality things are far from that and you constantly interpreted your personal dislikes as if the general views of entire game community and think that anyone who disagrees or supports Anet is a fanboy. So why bother even debating with you.
    Attacking the person and not the issue is always an easy route out, im not objective at all, im far too opinionated and far to quick to jump on people for very little reason, I know my flaws, and I think everyone knows by now this game isnt for me. I know without a shadow of a doubt arena net made a game people will love, I dont, I dont even know why I post here Ive tried to stay out , but the post you quoted was hardly unconstructive criticism, nor was it anything to do with personal preference, unless of course you enjoy downlevelling to be pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I actually find ArenaNet to have great communication with its player base. This seems to be a matter of "they aren't answering what I want answered, so they suck".

As far as patches and bugs go... On my first character 1 to 80, I can only remember a single bugged event, it seemed like everything was working. But on my second character (currently lvl 69) it seems like tons of things are bugged. I don't think these things were necessarily working and then later broke by a patch though, it seems more likely that with more people doing the content, the conditions that broke the event/w.e were finally met. Or maybe I just didn't noticed in the bliss of the initial release.
    I can't think of any instance of something working before a patch, and then breaking after a patch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I think why people feel servers are dead is because of that viewing distance bug, which is very annoying. the 5-10' viewing distance we have now blows.
    Zones always seem dead when I'm wondering around, but then an event starts and suddenly there's 10 players next to me fighting. So I agree there's either a view distance problem, or people just go unnoticed easily do to terrain and the size of zones.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2012-10-17 at 08:46 PM.

Yeah, I'm a little sick of hearing the whole "downleveling!" crap.

Fact is, if you go back to a lowbie zone at level 80 you'll be mowing down mobs in one ability usage most of the time. In fact, even as low as level 22, my engineer almost one-shots a lot of mobs in Metrica.

And the rewards are completely awful. Like 1/8th the XP/Karma/cash you'd get from an Orr event.

So yeah, as far as features go it's really not nearly as awesome as people seem to want to try to convince everyone that it is.
    that's weird cause i believe some guildmates of mine have been farming quite some karma these last days in some lvl 10-20ish zones where they've found some DE chains with decent "reset" speed. while they may not get much xp, they still get some lvl 80 loots here and there and lots of mats they put on TP.

sure each of those DE don't reward as much as 80s but as they clear many of them with each DE chain, they actually add up to pretty nice amounts from what i heard.

Some days I honestly do see more bots than real players.
    honestly? I haven't seen a decent "bear army" all week, never seen a bot in sPvP or WvW, or in a dungeon or anywhere else except a couple of known places (sparkfly fen, cursed shore) And even when did used to see them they didn't even effect my game directly in fact they help with champion mobs if you are clever enough, sure indirectly the games economy gets screwed a bit but that is an issue with all MMO's, GW2 isn't the only one with bots. Which areas are you seeing them?

You should try playing battlegrounds in WoW if you want to see a decent bot problem where it actually effected my enjoyment of the game.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.