Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used 4 coins, got tier from sha and shoulders from 3rd boss lfr. Rest I got gold. So 50/50 this far.

Then again. This is such a small sample size. I guess overall it would be something like 10% to get gear from gold coins.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Deleted
    People will complain about EVERYTHING =(

You realise, that the tokens are an ON TOP bonus to doing dailies, after rep and gold and valor right?

Blizzard didn't have to give anything like this at all. You do LFR/Sha and get loot or gold, and move on for the week. Instead, you can potentially reroll every loot (Last week anyway, this week lack of coins are going to be an issue)

*edit* And I've used 3 coins so far....T14 legs from Sha and 376 belt in LFR. So, don't feel too bad

2 galleon rings, 1 galleon helm, 1 starshatter. All from bonus rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my gold coins are broken

I dislike is the lesser tokens taking up bag space instead of being on the currency tab. I'm already starved for space between the vanity items from quest rewards and rare spawns, and I don't want to throw away my buffer of lessers because I won't be doing this many dailies forever and having a buffer will be good.

Basically, you can pick three bosses a week that you want stuff from the most, and you can always include a couple of extras if you have a few greaters saved up. That's a FANTASTIC idea. The only other problem besides bag space is that I am 0/7 on tokens so far. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman89 View Post
    whats the point in farming daily quests for the coins , when all u get is 28 gold ?
    thats not worth the time or effort it should be at least 100 gold .
    ive used 10 gold coins and got 1 piece of loot where i already had better in slot
    2 items, 1 gold. Cannot complain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Would I prefer the money you get from rolls be higher? Pshyeah, of course, who doesn't like money?
    people who understand inflation?

(granted, there are some fixed costs in WoW like the repair cost for your armor etc, but for anything player-supplied/traded it only matters how much gold you have relative to the rest of the world - and awarding extra gold through an item that just about everybody has access to and that everyone who has it will use to its maximum would only result in higher prices)
    Last edited by florestan; 2012-10-17 at 08:19 AM.

Coins are a bonus for doing dailies, dailies we're almost forced to do for valor unless you do 25+ heroic dungeons each week. Raidbosses give 25 valor each on kill (normal and heroic) daily quests give 1-10 valor.

You're fucked on valor grind any way you turn it, gold coins, rep, gold and so on is a bonus for doing dailes depending on what you do them for.

I do dailes for rep and valor, I'm already up to over 600 silver coins, only missing shado-pan, klaxxi an folden lotus rep. Klaxxi and golden lotus I'll hit exalted with this week. After that I'm only doing shado-pan and the 5.1 dailies, some time during each reset I'll do all dailies open and have them ready for reset days valor boost but I wont do them for any other reason!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It's just a bonus for doing daily quests. Would you rather not get them? You can just drop them if you want.

Got t14 legs off Sha, then this week I got the same pair of legs off Sha, both with bonus rolls -.-

I do the dailies for rep so i can get mounts/pets and patterns.. the gold charms are sort of a bonus to me. but I guess to each its own

Made by Visenna, TY<3

10+ Year Old Account
    whats the point in farming daily quests for the coins , when all u get is 28 gold ?
    ive used 10 gold coins and got 1 piece of loot where i already had better in slot
    The point is so that you can essentially get the a chance at the loot table for 3 bosses per week twice.

When you kill a boss does your gear always drop?? does it drop 50% of the time? hell does it drop 25% of the time?

No.

Why would the coins give you any better of chance then actually killing the boss?

Lets address a few things:
    1) You do dailies for rep, now 45 daily quests give you the option of 3 gold coins that could very well translate into 1 piece of gear from ANY raid you, LFR, Normal or HEROIC loot. This is a big deal, and a HUGE perk for doing your WoW chores. Complaining about RNG is moronic.
    2) Valor points = loot from reputations, notice how they have a repuration requirement on them? What is the point of farming heroics to get valor to buy gear that you need to do dailies to get the repuation for? Point is, you dont need to farm heroics for hours at a time to get 100% guarnteed gear, do some dailies, you will get valor and rep and gear of your CHOICE, not a random drop. This takes out the RNG factor from getting ready to raid, another GREAT feature that doesn't devalue doing heroics if you would rather stick to the classic method of gearing up.

3) Why do you feel the need to complain when they are making such huge beneficial changes? When will it be enough? The next step here is a mailed box of BiS epics when you hit level 90 so you dont have to do anything ever at all. F***ing lazy.

First couple weeks with coins I got nothing but gold, except in LFR last week I got 476 gloves but I already had the crafted epic gloves. This week I got my tier gloves off of the bonus roll. Random chance is random.

Also if the dailies didn't offer the lesser charms would you still be farming dailies? Probably. I myself have not stopped doing my dailies once I get my 90 charms for the week, I keep going. I'm now up to a little over 700 lesser charms, so when I *do* stop grinding dailies I'll probably be set for a couple months.

If you don't see the point, don't farm them.

Gee, that was complicated. If its not worth your time and effort, then don't do it, nobody is forcing you to.

Deleted
    Imo the extra rolls should drop flasks/potions/mats more often. 28g isn't exactly a brilliant reward.

Out of all the coins that I have used I got a nice healing waist from the stone guards but nothing after that but I don't mind because I am doing dailies anyway for the reputation and gold so the chance at extra loot for raiding is just a nice bonus for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Imo the extra rolls should drop flasks/potions/mats more often. 28g isn't exactly a brilliant reward.
    Its a little extra, not a "reward". The dailies are the same as they were in every expansion beforehand, except every ~45th quest now gives you 3 extra rolls on raid bosses. That is the free extra oomph.

Give me mah Lootz quick like so I can stand around Orgrimmar bitching that I haz nothings to do!