Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting wrecked by Elegon adds =/

I'm getting wrecked hard by Elegon adds (cosmic sparks). Anyone got any tips for them?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tk0xidqdhi1coaqi/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I'm getting wrecked hard by Elegon adds (cosmic sparks). Anyone got any tips for them?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tk0xidqdhi1coaqi/
    Toss your brew at them and stand well away

After building up some threat you can easily CC them. AoE stuns are great for example (leg sweep is your friend). After stunning them just run away or even better, have a warlock set up a portal so you can travel faster and don´t let a lot of them hit you within the circle, that´ll obviously be the worst. In general notice that the raid should try to kill all pillars at the same time, that will also greatly reduce the amount of adds. I take it you´re a BM? You can almost completely kite them using Dizzying Haze, this will allow you to stay away from them while building up high amounts of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Toss your brew at them and stand well away
    This basically; you're not supposed to get hit by them more than a few times. I'd say Brewmasters are probably the best tanks for the Sparks due to Dizzying Haze being a ranged slow and threat generator.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Yep, dizzying haze from afar and leg sweep if they get close. The great thing is that we have a huge 'burst threat' ability in Keg Smash, so it's very easy to just hit that then kite without fear of losing aggro on anything (before stuff dies that is).

Deleted
    Pull them with dizzying haze, kite and when they've all spawned Clash them followed by a Leg Sweep after that stun ends. They should all be dead by then

Deleted
    Dizzying Haze is amazing here, I am able to grab all the adds of the other tank just by throwing a some Dizzying Hazes at his mobs and out threating them, which is lucky cos it means I don't have to mess around dropping my statue taunting and then cancelling my statue again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    What other tips do you guys have for someone who's about to tank Elegon for the first time? Should I glyph Guard for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    What other tips do you guys have for someone who's about to tank Elegon for the first time? Should I glyph Guard for this?
    No, you take a fair amount of physical damage from the boss and when tanking the adds in P1 and also when rounding up the adds in P3 to P1 transition. Just make sure you are tanking the adds in P1 on the boss untill they are about 60% so that the dps can cleave and help push P2 faster and then get the add to the edge and wait until it's 25% before moving it out. If you move too soon the dps will struggle to get it down quickly but if you move too late then it will start AoEing the raid when it still has the damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    No, you take a fair amount of physical damage from the boss and when tanking the adds in P1 and also when rounding up the adds in P3 to P1 transition. Just make sure you are tanking the adds in P1 on the boss untill they are about 60% so that the dps can cleave and help push P2 faster and then get the add to the edge and wait until it's 25% before moving it out. If you move too soon the dps will struggle to get it down quickly but if you move too late then it will start AoEing the raid when it still has the damage buff.
    I have not done the fight yet, so I may be wrong, but it seems to me a glyphed Guard would be pretty amazing for the burst damage of the add explosion and breath attack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    I have not done the fight yet, so I may be wrong, but it seems to me a glyphed Guard would be pretty amazing for the burst damage of the add explosion and breath attack.
    Try it if you don't believe me, but I have killed the boss and I can tell you that you get meleed hard by both the boss and the add in P1. Losing a key mitigation skill to soak a magic attack or 2 that can be trivialised by good use of other CD's is a pretty poor trade off imo.

Maybe I'm just bad at aiming my Barrel Toss, but I never seem to be able to kite them by just using that. It never seems to generate enough threat, even if it hits(applies the debuff)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU