Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Solo Challenge Mode (Almost), 5.1 Daily Quests, Hotfixes, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

Patch 1.0.5 is LIVE! (Recap)

Upcoming Heroic Elegon Hotfixes

Solo Challenge Mode (Almost)
    Mione did it again and managed to almost complete Stormstout Brewery solo on Challenge Mode difficulty. Stormstout Brewery is one of the harder Challenge Modes to beat the timer on, with only 85 Gold, 419 Silver, and 729 Bronze runs so far.

Patch 5.1 Daily Quests
    Patch 5.1 brings us two new factions, Operation: Shieldwall for the Alliance and Dominance Offensive for the Horde. These factions are part of the group that has arrived in Pandaria and is fighting in Krasarang Wilds and have even more daily quests for you!

These quests currently do not reward any Valor Points or Lesser Charm of Good Fortune, just reputation.

Level Name Rep Objective
    90Shackles of the Past
    Daily
    250 Free 16 Troubled Slave Spirits.
    90It Is A Mystery
    Daily
    250 Use Hilda's Anomaly Tracker to find and disperse an anomaly.
    90The Spirit Trap
    Daily
    250 Destroy 3 Spirit Traps.
    90Ogudei's Lieutenants
    Daily
    250 Kill Meng-do, Strength of Mountains and Gen-li, Twister of Words
    90We Will Rock You
    Daily
    250 Slay 10 Orcs at Domination Point.
    90A Kind of Magic
    Daily
    250 Find the three Scout-o-Matics in Domination Point.
    90Under Pressure
    Daily
    250 Destroy 8 Horde Supply Sacks.
    90Don't Lose Your Head
    Daily
    250 Defeat Stone Guard Ruk'ra, Bombgineer Snicklefritz, and Or'Dac.
    90Hammer to Fall
    Daily
    250 Kill 5 Heavy Mooks.
    90Attack! Move!
    Daily
    250 Kill 12 Domination Point Shamans or Domination Point Raiders.
    90Resource Gathering
    Daily
    250 Collect 12 Lion's Landing Lumber by recovering it from piles of Hastily Abandoned Lumber.
    90Supply Block
    Daily
    250 Destroy 8 Domination Point Supply Carts.
    90Tower Defense
    Daily
    250 Collect 20 Animatable Stone at the Lion's Landing Quarry from Bilgewater Goblins or by destroying stone slabs there with collateral damage.
    90Siege Damage
    Daily
    250 Find a Bilgewater Blasting Cap on a Bilgewater Sapper, and then plant it on a Domination Point Demolisher.
    90Hero Killer
    Daily
    250 Kill a Horde Hero.
    90Burn Out!
    Daily
    250 Burn 7 Domination Point Fuel Barrels near Bilgewater Beach.
    90Necessary Breaks
    Daily
    250 Loosen 13 Rusty Porta-Bilge Valves on the Porta-Bilge on Bilgewater Beach.
    90The Smallest Victims
    Daily
    250 Rescue 15 Oil-Covered Critters from Bilgewater Beach and return them to Lion's Landing.
    90The Only Good Goblin...
    Daily
    90Wanted: Shredmaster Packle
    Daily
    90Circle of Life
    Daily
    250 Plant 11 Unpredictable Seeds near Quickchop's Lumber Farm.
    90Ancient's Fall
    Daily
    250 Speak with Huntsman Blake at Krasarang Cove in Krasarang Wilds.
    90End of an Elder
    Daily
    90A Colossal Victory
    Daily
    90Oi Ain't Afraid o' No Ghosts!
    Daily
    250 Kill 12 Spiritbound Mogu.
    90Eviction Notice
    Daily
    250 Kill any 12 members of the Reliquary in the Ruins of Ogudei.
    Level Name Rep Objective
    90Legacy of Ogudei
    Daily
    250 Collect 5 Mogu Spirit Essence.
    90Death on Two Legs
    Daily
    250 Defeat 10 7th Legion Marines, Paratroopers, or Stormtroopers.
    90Tear It Up
    Daily
    250 Destroy 8 Alliance Supply Drops.
    90All Dead, All Dead
    Daily
    250 Defeat Captain Lamb and Captain Mulkey.
    90Another One Bites the Dust
    Daily
    250 Detonate the explosive cargo of The Defiant and Valor's Edge.
    90Good Luck, Have Fun
    Daily
    250 Collect 20 Extra-Waxy Alliance Ears at Lion's Landing in Krasarang Wilds.
    90We Require More Minerals
    Daily
    250 Collect 20 Animatable Stone chunks from the Lion's Landing quarry. Lion's Landing Engineers carry them, or you can destroy stone slabs with collateral damage to blow them into chunks you can carry.
    90Worker Harassment
    Daily
    250 Kill 40 Lion's Landing Peasants.
    90Sentry Wards
    Daily
    250 Place Sentry Wards on the Docks, in the Town Hall, and on the Second Floor of the Barracks at Lion's Landing.
    90Hard Counter
    Daily
    250 Kill 8 on's Landing Mortar Team Engineers and destroy 2 Lion's Landing Mortar Tubes.
    90Hero Killer
    Daily
    250 Kill an Alliance Hero at Lion's Landing in Krasarang Wilds.
    90Runnin' On Empty
    Daily
    250 Retrieve 9 "Distilled" Fuel Barrels from the Blacksand Spillway.
    90Stacked!
    Daily
    250 Gather 9 Pieces of Domination Point Lumber from the Lumber Farm.
    90Power Metal
    Daily
    250 Obtain 7 chunks of Energized Ore from the Deep-Crawl Mine.
    90Ancient's Fall
    Daily
    250 Speak with Jorn Skyseer at Domination Point in Krasarang Wilds.
    90End of an Elder
    Daily
    90A Colossal Victory
    Daily
    90Let Them Eat Rocks!
    Daily
    250 Obtain 3 Jagged Stones from the Rock Crawlers in Deep Crawl Mine and 9 Slimy Terrapin Tongues from the Overgrown Terrapin near the Lumber Farm.
    90Krasarang Steampot
    Daily
    250 Obtain 5 chunks of Tainted Viceclaw Meat from the Viceclaw crabs on Bilgewater Beach.
    90Bilgewater Infiltrators
    Daily
    250 Kill 7 SI: 7 Saboteurs around Domination Point and Bilgewater Beach.
    90Storming the Beach
    Daily
    250 Kill any 15 7th Legion attackers.
    90Wanted: Chief Engineer Cogswrench
    Daily
    250 Destroy Chief Engineer Cogswrench at the edge of Bilgewater Beach.
    90Wanted: Lieutenant Ethan Jacobson
    Daily
    250 Destroy Lieutenant Ethan Jacobson in the Southern Isles south of Quickchop's Lumber Farm.
    90Flash! Aaaaaahhhh!
    Daily
    250 Use the Bilgewater Molotovs to destroy 6 Skyfire Gyrocopter X2s.
    90Works Everytime... Almost
    Daily
    250 Refill 7 Depleted Bug-Bots in Daxil's Dig.
    90Precious Resource
    Daily
    250 Tighten 8 Faulty Valves in and around Gearslip's Gusher.
    90Universal Remote-Explode
    Daily
    250 Destroy 7 Mecha-Pounders in and around Quickchop's Lumber Farm.
    90The Spirit Trap
    Daily
    250 Collect 3 Spirit Traps.
    90Ogudei's Lieutenants
    Daily
    250 Collect Meng-do's Essence and Gen-li's Essence in the Ruins of Ogudei.
    90It Is A Mystery
    Daily
    250 Use the Arcane Bauble to find an anomaly within the Ruins of Ogudei.
    90We're Not Monsters!
    Daily
    250 Liberate 15 Troubled Slave Spirits.
    90Kick 'em While They're Down
    Daily
    250 Kill 10 Lion's Landing military units as well as the Lion's Landing Guard Captain.

Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes - October 16
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Void Shift can no longer be used on NPCs, including player pets.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Combustion direct damage that does not crit now causes Heating Up to be removed after a short delay. Additionally, the delay on non-crits removing Heating Up has been increased from 0.25sec to 0.5sec.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Guard
      • Guard will no longer fade from the Monk when her Ox Statue applies Guard to another player.
      • Glyph of Guard will no longer prevent the Monk's Ox Statue from applying Guard to other players.
      • Skull Banner and Sanctuary of the Ox can now stack, and neither effect will overwrite the other.
      • The non-glyphed version of Guard will be cancelled should a Monk apply Glyph of Guard and cast the new version.
      • A Monk's existing Guard effect will now stack with Guard provided by other friendly Brewmaster Monks.
    • Tiger's Lust no longer affects vehicles.
    • Zen Flight now clears correctly on when moving between continents.

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Windsong and Elemental Force weapon enchantment activations will no longer remove stealth.
    • Smoke Bomb will now properly prevent players within the area of effect from being struck by the Spiritual Grasp cast by Shadowy Minions in Mogu'shan Vaults.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Creatures

Items

Pet Battles
    • Pet Battle matchmaking has been improved. The pets on each team involved in the battle will now be closer in level with each other.

Quests

Dungeons & Raids
    • Mog'shan Vaults

PvP
    • Arenas
      • Teams queueing for Arenas will temporarily no longer be placed into the The Ring of Valor.

Bug Fixes
    • The Stoneplow Farm cinematic will now correctly only play once while players complete the associated quests.
    • Resolved an issue with Archaeology digsites in Fallsong Village.
    • The achievement Monkey in the Middle can now be earned when defeating Captain Ook in the Unga Ingoo scenario.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Windsong and Elemental Force Information
    And DKs, since our Runeforges are superior to these enchants
    Oh, oops, yes, them too. Sorry!

I suppose this brings up another question of mine. Does it dynamically update with haste procs?
    Yes. The proc chance is determined based on the haste at the time of the damage/healing event. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    Begging you to fix PvP. At least give the arena forums a glance over.
    The problem I've always found with PvP forums is subjectivity. It makes discussing actual problems hard.

"Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa." Where's the honor weapons then?
    Weapons are so attractive, that every PvE player would buy an Honor weapon.

Why are 1h weapons 2,500 conquest when 2h weapons are 3,500 conquest? My Death Knight would have to spend 5,000 conquest to dual wield!
    Thinking of changing the 1H costs.

Need more stuff to buy with honor. I'm capped and I have nothing to spend it on. Maybe more transmog gear, or battle pets?
    Agree with this. There needs to be another way to spend Honor.

What's the reason for PvP vendors being in the wall? If i buy something i want to be near an AH to enchant, gem and reforge.
    We thought the space looked cool and wanted the possibility of PvP combat around the vendors.

What is being done about PvP Balance? MMR reset? Ladder Reset? Rating Decay? Self Healing? Instanct CC?
    We have a plan to keep high ranked folks still playing. Details require a format with more than 140 ch.
    Why did you guys change your mind about resetting the MMR this season, or will you eventually reset it after balance changes?
    Want to make a blog on this -- we think there are better ways to get top players to keep playing than to keep resetting MMR.
    Yeah but are those "ways" not implemented yet? Everyone wanted MMR to get reset; including the top players
    Resetting = lots of unbalanced matches until MMRs return to their previous values, so a few weeks of pain with no long term gain. We have a better idea to handle folks who sit on high ratings that we'll talk about as soon as we are sure it works.

I am not capable of doing the same damage as a raid level boss. And yet healers have their save the Main Tank heals in pvp?
    On the other hand, the boss tends to not stun you nearly as much as players do.

So you nerfed our dispels and now your nerf our healing. What are we healers supposed to be in PvP for you, a punching-bag?
    There is a continuum between invulnerable and punching bag. A 15% healing debuff (or even 30%) isn't going to kill healing.

Are you satisfied of the PVP ? Class had never been so unbalanced, BM hunter and warrior can one shot every class with macro
    Worried about BM hunter PvP burst. Warriors maybe. We agree war / hunter should be viable, but macro'ing all cooldowns together is neither fun, interesting nor skillful (or good design).
    Nothing to worry about, really. BM aren't overpowered at all.
    We don't like the BM 'skill' macro, but WoW also has a storied history of videos that demo what their makers want them to demo.
    Don't get me wrong, it's fun, I'm just out of room to put spells on my bars.
    We did not do as great a job as we hoped at pruning abilities. Every candidate felt like a nerf or someone's favorite spell.

Yep, actually MM is like unplayable, because of the damage, they are so weak in pvp actually.
    MMs damage is virtually identical to BM, SV. It just asks a lot more of the hunter. We could potentially simplify the rotation.
    In PvE maybe, but in PvP, MM is so lower than BM, which got a lay on hands with stampede (heal x4) and which got an insane burst
    The Stampede heal is dumb. Other pet abilities are chilled out during Stampede.
    So the "Stampede Heal every 5 mins is dumb" but passive 3% per second regen under 35% isn't? SP OH's aren't? Get a clue, man.
    The big difference is those other two examples are intended. Stampede isn't supposed to be a massive heal.
    Stampede in PvP is a little much. Any plans for nerfs (or disabling it from Arenas completely?) Everything else is fine.
    We think Stampede is ok, as long as it's not with Lynx Rush, Rabid and BRP.
    Do you think that Stampede lives up to the standard of other spells in WoW flavor wise?
    Hunters have been asking for it for years.

Why are the PvP agi staves 2.00 speed? Why would a monk ever use it over the polearm?
    Monk damage is weapon speed agnostic. It might give you a slight autoattack boost, but that shouldn't mean no brainer.

So aren't you going to fix BM hunters? 1 min CD ignores resilience and can be refreshed, warriors can be cc'd hunters no
    The answer might be that all cooldowns can't be popped at once.

The Daily Blink - Panda Excess
    The Daily Blink has been busy doing daily quests!

I admit the art could be a bit better, but I'm THIS close to being honored with Golden Lotus, you understand...
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-10-17 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies & Gentlemen Blood Death Knights

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God next daily's we not getting anymore Lesser Charm of Good Fortune, 800 of them and still growing :|

Enough dailies to choose from at least.

Honestly, I would love to see the statistics for how many people enjoy dailies and to what degree. The small biased sample size of my guild all seem to hate them, I wonder how many people seem to enjoy and look forward to them.

Deleted
    I'm starting to get worried about Moveth

lol at the daily blink

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily blink is so true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when I start soloing ICC, Mionelol takes it a step further and solos a challenge mode.

Deleted
    Getting 7-8 Valor Points for each daily quest today, yesterday it was still 5.

last boss is pretty much impossible to solo isn't it

Deleted
    Looks like someone at Blizzard listened too much Queen songs lately (not that this disturbs me ^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Man hopefully I get can exalted with GL and pretty close with Shado-Pan and Celestials before this patch comes out, so many dailies.

Deleted
    Haha best daily blink ever, it's so true.

Deleted
    "These quests currently do not reward any Valor Points or Lesser Charm of Good Fortune, just reputation."

Pretty bold if this is intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wont be doing those dailies if they dont give charms then.

Really, you need MORE charms? ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason im doing dailies really :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    Really, you need MORE charms? ._.
    I certainly wont be doing dailies when I hit exalted with all factions, thats why I horde them. Currently at way more than 800.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Getting 7-8 Valor Points for each daily quest today, yesterday it was still 5.
    You got multiple 90s? You get a 50% VP buff once one character is capped for the week.