Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

BoE epic dropped, lost due to being nice.

So, here's what happened.

I was solo-questing, AoEing some mobs, when a guy invites me to a group. I ponder accepting, and accept when they're almost dead.

A BoE epic, Dorian's Necklace of Burgeoning Dreams, drops. I lose the roll.

Deleted
    Well that sucks...

15+ Year Old Account
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Literally the only reason I don't group with others for Dailies, Skyshard drops and BoE epics. Plus it's not even as if the people want to be nice, they just want you to kill mobs for them..

Tough, but random.

Deleted
    I figure it must be borderline impossible to be more unlucky than this in WoW.

Deleted
    WTS :- Dorian's Necklace of Burgeoning Dreams
    Got when joining a random party, Offers 15k+

Yeah because he predicted the thing will drop and decided to screw you over?

He was just looking for company and a faster way to complete the dailies, and obviously needed help. I die A LOT during the dailies and I prefer grouping up with people, and I always help whoever needs it, throw a heal now and then.

What happened was RNG, nothing to do with the person or your "niceness". Which you aren't being right now.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Nice try, but he said he'd sell it to me for 35k.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post

He was just looking for company and a faster way to complete the dailies, and obviously needed help. I die A LOT during the dailies and I prefer grouping up with people, and I always help whoever needs it, throw a heal now and then.

What happened was RNG, nothing to do with the person or your "niceness". Which you aren't being right now.
    What you're saying is obvious, I'm not saying I deserve it, I'm saying it'd be mine if I just didn't try to be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Hahahha.., dou, ehm

Tough luck really, as others have said.., skyshards and BoE's = no random grouping for me while doing dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    You kind soul. That is really tremendously bad luck. And what a jerk move on his part. If I were in his position I wouldn't have even rolled on the item and just let you keep it.
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has happened to me to once or twice so I know the feeling. The guy actually gave me the loot after for helping him out tho.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted

well if I would have been the guy that joined during mid kill of a current pack I would have passed tbh. But the moment we start a new pack then I would allow myself to roll if anything drops .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    well if I would have been the guy that joined during mid kill of a current pack I would have passed tbh. But the moment we start a new pack then I would allow myself to roll if anything drops .
    Judging by this thread, it seems I managed to group up with one of the worst. Yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Bit of a douche to roll on an item of mobs he got credit for that were already at 10ish %.

I personally wouldn't. But hey, whatcha gonna do. T'is the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Yeah same, this would be the proper etiquette.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post

I was solo-questing, AoEing some mobs, when a guy invites me to a group. I ponder accepting, and accept when they're almost dead.

A BoE epic, Dorian's Necklace of Burgeoning Dreams, drops. I lose the roll.

don't klick yes? and don't cry about everything!

Deleted

First of most people just join up and then goes afk so they get creds from the quests without having to do anything. Second, if the guy who joined his grp were not such a douchebag he would have passed the BoE.

On a side note, how could you possibly die from the daily quests mobs? I understand if your a healer but dual spec has existed for a loooong time now and spirit gives hit to every hybrid healing/cast dps class.

I was solo-questing, when I see a guy doing them as well, he's AoEing mobs so easy kill credit, I throw him an invite and the guy accepts me to a group.

A BoE epic, Dorian's Necklace of Burgeoning Dreams, drops. I win the roll. Best day ever!

---

Imagine being on the other side, is all
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Why do you accept ninja invites, anyway. There's nothing "un-nice" about declining. It's just a guy who wants a shot at your loot or have his quest finished with you doing the work.