Deleted

New Priest Glyph Suggestions

Hi all, had some thoughts about glyphs. I quite like some of them, even if I do say so :P
    Tell me what you think and try to keep it constructive!

Glyph of Fiendish Apparitions - Minor
    Transforms your shadowy apparitions into crawling shadowfiends.
    -- Just cosmetic.

Glyph of the Voracious Fiend - Minor
    Increases the size of your shadowfiend/mindbender by 100%.
    -- Mostly cosmetic, but can help to keep track of whether your fiend is doing anything at all.

Glyph of Distorting Shadows - Minor
    Shadowform flickers slightly with distortion periodically, and majorly on taking >30% health in a single blow.
    -- Just cosmetic.

Glyph of Night Terrors - Minor
    When in shadowform at night, your appearance will occasionally become more sinister.
    -- Cosmetic and flavoursome

Glyph of Heavenly Friends - Minor
    Non-combat pets gain a radiant glow when in holy spec, and a levitation cloud when in disciple spec.
    -- An equivalent for the Glyph of Shadowy Friends.

Spatial Dispersion - Major
    Disperse into pure shadow energy for 6 secs, taking 75% reduced damage and coalescing 20 yards away when the effect ends.
    -- A random blink on a slightly nerfed dispersion, I'd love this!

Glyph of the Day Rider - Minor
    Shadowform no longer extends to your mounts.
    -- Just because sometimes you want to show off your colourful mounts without forgetting to get back into shadowform.

Glyph of Constellations - Minor
    Your Prayer of Mending traces it's path through the party or raid, pulsing it's constellation afterwards.
    -- Maybe just annoying :P could be a major that heals anyone within the constellation for a certain amount too.

Glyph of Elliptical Orbit - Major
    Your Divine Star now follows a curved path, instead of travelling straight in front of you.
    -- Also could be a minor.

Glyph of Slingshotting - Major
    Enables you to avoid your Divine Star on it's return journey, doing so will allow it to accelerate for another pass through you. Slingshotting makes the Star too fast to catch and increases the cooldown by 100% and healing by 25%.
    -- Maybe of little use, as Divine Star is meant to be the short cooldown choice.

Glyph of Sonar - Major
    Reduces the damage and healing of your Halo by 90%, reduces its cooldown by 10 seconds and causes it to pulse faster and three times.
    -- Would be great in PvP, but perhaps overpowered. Cooldown could remain the same, or even be increased.

Glyph of Cascading - Major
    Decreases the healing and damage of Cascade by 30%, but allows Cascade to hit the same target more than once.
    -- To attempt to allow more of the jumps to be used in 10 man raiding.

Glyph of Shadow Word: Shield - Major
    Transforms your Power Word: Shield into Shadow Word: Shield. A rippling shadowy shield that reflects 30% of damage absorbed to the attacker. Only usable in shadowform.

Glyph of Ancient Prayers - minor
    Grants Prayer of Spirit and Prayer of Shadow Protection.
    -- Sort of like rogues' Glyph of Detection - it would grant a spell with the old Prayer of Spirit/Shadow Protection visual without actually having an effect.

Glyph of Holyform - minor
    Grants Holyform, a sort of shimmering, glowing, translucent appearance.
    -- Purely visual.

Glyph of Solace - major
    Your Power Word: Solace now stacks Evangelism when cast and 50% of the damage dealt will benefit from Atonement, but increases the cast time by 0.3 seconds.

Glyph of Revolution - minor
    Your Shadow Orbs now appear as a persistent effect when generated.

Glyph of the Rippling Mind - minor
    Every time a target takes damage from your Mind Flay, a pulse of darkness is sent through the channelled effect.
    Last edited by mmoc0413fba4db; 2012-10-18 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Added ideas!

I actually really like all of them. Voracious Fiend seems kind of uninteresting though, and Fiendish Apparitions would be too problematic what with the Shadowfiend model. But other than that, they're good. I especially love the Glyph of Constellations idea. Also, shouldn't Glyph of Sonar be major?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Thanks! and yep, you're right as it fundamentally changes the spell, I'll edit it

Deleted
    I'd like to add 1 too this not sure what it would be called ..
    heals and PWshield have darker colour to them. think mages ice barrier only more purply colour in shadow form

Deleted
    Maybe roll it into the existing Glyph of Dark Binding:
    Allows the casting of renew, prayer of mending and leap of faith in shadowform. Also adds a shadowy effect to these spells and Power Word: Shield.

or:
    Glyph of Dark Mending - minor
    Forsakes the light for darkness, imbuing healing spells with a shadowy effect.

or just:
    Glyph of Shadow Word: Shield - Major
    Transforms your Power Word: Shield into Shadow Word: Shield. A rippling shadowy shield that reflects 30% of damage absorbed to the attacker. Only usable in shadowform.
    -- This one fills the positive/negative edge that Blizzard are going for, by not allowing it to be cast out of shadowform and so losing PW:S when you drop out.

Deleted
    Some cool creative ideas though dude

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like the look of cascading, would make one of my favourite spells that bit more valuable in 5 and 10 mans . . .

heavenly friends is cool, but it'd probably have to be glowing for both holy and disc, as there are so many flying pets that wouldn't work on a cloud =p

I'm not sure if this is open to our own suggestions, but:

Glyph of Ancient Prayers - minor
    Grants Prayer of Spirit and Prayer of Shadow Protection.
    Sort of like rogues' Glyph of Detection - it would grant a spell with the old Prayer of Spirit/Shadow Protection visual without actually having an effect.

Glyph of Holyform - minor
    Grants Holyform
    Purely visual.

Glyph of Rapid Renewal - major
    While in Chakra: Sanctuary, your AoE healing spells will refresh the duration of your Renew, but only on the target.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Someone should link this on the official forums so the blues can see. These are pretty awesome ideas.

Glyph of Solace (Major Glyph)
    Your Power Word: Solace now stacks Evangelism when cast and 50% of the damage dealt will benefit from Atonement.

Glyph of Prayer of Healing (Major Glyph)
    Your Prayer of Healing now blesses affected targets with an additional 20% of the initial heal over 6 seconds. (Just like before..)

Glyph of Chain Mending (Just like Constellations :P) (Minor Glyph)
    Your Prayer of Mending now leaves a trail of holy light when bouncing between targets.

Glyph of Revolution (Minor Glyph)
    [B]Your Shadow Orbs now appear as a persistent effect when generated.

Glyph of the Rippling Mind (Minor Glyph)
    Every time a target takes damage from your Mind Flay, a pulse of darkness is sent through the channeled effect.

Glyph of Dark Evangelism (Major Glyph to replace the minor glyph of Dark Archangel)
    Your Mind Flay now stacks Dark Evangelism on the target, increasing the damage dealt by Mind Flay by 2% per stack. Upon reaching 5 stacks, the caster is granted the form of a Dark Archangel. This effect lasts 8 seconds and is refreshed by channeling Mind Flay. ..or you guys could make the current glyph last longer, I love my wings.

Deleted
    Of course it's open to ideas!
    I'll paste some of them into the first post now

I'll edit a couple of them to give the downsides that Blizzard are going for though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 08:58 AM ----------

How about this for a change to the bigger shadow fiend thing:

Glyph of the Saturated Fiend - Major
    Decreases the mana gained from your shadowfiend/mindbender's attacks by 50%, but causes it to swell with each attack, exploding after 15 seconds and showering the area with mana.
    -- Nerfs direct return, but would give group mana back if people stacked on the boss!

Here's one that I'd kill for:

Glyph of Earthbound Levitation - minor
    Your Levitation spell will only grant waterwalking and slowfall.
    As opposed to also making the target float.

Glyph of Silent Prayer - minor
    Your Prayer of Mending no longer makes a sound.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Glyph of Sprightly Healing - major
    Reduces the cast time of Heal by 40%, but reduces the healing done by 50%.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the Sha (Minor)

Your shadowfiend or mindbender now has the appearance of a sha. (Either the small ones or the medium ones)