Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Anyone else frustrated by all the daily quests?

Doing heroic modes, I feel the need to try and be as optimally geared as possible, or else I feel like a hindrance to the raid group's progression. In order to get optimally geared, you're required to get two factions to exalted and two to revered, assuming you don't get supe lucky on drops. Furthermore, the valor gained from LFR and dungeons was severely nerfed. Finally, in order to be optimally geared, you have to maintain an average of 45 daily quests a week for the entire tier, possibly expansion (and yes, charms are required. My raid group has found the drop chance with charms to be about 1 in 4. In a 10 man raid group, that's ~7.5 pieces of gear a week which will just about never be wasted and DE'd).

These things put together make me feel forced to grind out tons of daily quests every single day, and its really not fun to me. I'm loving raiding... but the hundreds of dailies, not so much. Anyone else feel this way?

Deleted
    45 daily quests per week = forced to grind out tons of daily quests every single day ?

Does not compute =/

Deleted
    No, you're the only one. At least there are no other threads here where anyone expresses that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    45 daily quests per week = forced to grind out tons of daily quests every single day ?

Does not compute =/
    I was speaking more long-term there. And in the long term, its a lot. Say charms are useful for a year. 45 * 52 = 2340 daily quests.

The tons of daily quests part is the here and now, where I'm doing 30+ every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm getting pretty sick of the daily quests. Not that they are bad or anything, just burnt out. Haven't done them for 2 days so far, just taking a break.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    I took a break from dailies for a week, got sick of them, problem now is, I am far behind aka I get delayed, and no way to get back at it, which sucks :S.
    otherwise, no im fine with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate them so much, ridiculously boring/stupid/retarded and dull, and there are waaaaaaaaaaaay too many, stupidest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I was speaking more long-term there. And in the long term, its a lot. Say charms are useful for a year. 45 * 52 = 2340 daily quests.

The tons of daily quests part is the here and now, where I'm doing 30+ every day.
    and what if your BiS alrdy? your not going to spend 3 charms a week EVERY week for atleast a year long.

Deleted
    The only thing I can say is check the rewards and just take what you need. The problem with valor gear is serious, I am a 0 VP and I've capped them every week, but with time for a raider things will become easier as soon as you drop more equip.

Which factions need to get to exalted to maximise gear? I'm a tad confused there. Pretty sure all requirements relating to gear are revered at most. Oh, well, Tillers needs to be exalted and cooking needs to be maxed out, but Tillers is one of the quicker factions to hit exalted with. What's the other one you're referring to?

Revered really doesn't take all that long either; I'm revered with all but two factions (shado-pan and august celestials) at mininum, and we're barely a month into the expansion.

45 daily quests per week ~= 6-7 dailies per day. That's like 15 minutes work, tops. If you're unable to keep up with that, I honestly don't know what to say. Maybe you shouldn't be heroic raiding if you can't put that work in?

Once you get all factions to revered you'll no longer need to do their dailies, so can go a lot more casual on that front. But, y'know, heroic raiding. You're meant to be putting in the time/effort. Isn't that what people have been wanting?

As a player, I am who Blizz targets with the Dailies. I am largely confined to home, and I put in a lot of time when I'm alone. Dailies give me direction and incentive to be active and give my Trade Troll act a rest.

The big error in judgement with them is to feel the utter need to get that gear. It is filler stuff intended to sure up gear slots that just won't drop for you. It is not designed to be the optimal method for gearing.

In that light, having tons of stuff to do, when I want to do it, is a perfect situation for me, and I'm sure many others.

not really. but im not one of those who feel compelled to do all the dailys every day. today i might do dailys tomorrow i might level an alt or farm ore while quing for LFD, the only real reason to grind out any of the reps is if they have something like a pattern you want. or for when ever the rep changes go it to make it easier on your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and what if your BiS alrdy? your not going to spend 3 charms a week EVERY week for atleast a year long.
    New tiers and such. The concept of coins is great - they directly solve the problem of gearing in 10 mans - so I really doubt they'll get rid of them. Its the acquisition method that sucks.

Knock out a few reps with lucky drops, win Only thing I could have used from Shado-Pan was the trinket, picked up the MV trash drop one so that's one down. Considering you are limited to 1k valor a week, you dont need to hit all reps asap. All I've been doing the past few days is Golden Lotus and Order of the Cloud Serpents.

i have enough lesser charms that i could not do a single daily for the next five weeks and still be able to get all of my elder charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

I don't think 45 dailies per week is too much to ask. But then I'm not raiding much now, and am only 508 quests from the 10000 achievement.
    Back in vanilla and TBC, when I was a "proper raider", I spent a lot more time farming consumables.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

They were a bit much to start, now that I am almost done with them it isnt so bad though. Just a few more days and I will be finished with them all except Kalaxi and I haven't started them since they have nothing for me. I have zero intention of doing dailies on future toons certainly not doing the Golden Lotus nonsense again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    As a player, I am who Blizz targets with the Dailies. I am largely confined to home, and I put in a lot of time when I'm alone. Dailies give me direction and incentive to be active and give my Trade Troll act a rest.

The big error in judgement with them is to feel the utter need to get that gear. It is filler stuff intended to sure up gear slots that just won't drop for you. It is not designed to be the optimal method for gearing.

In that light, having tons of stuff to do, when I want to do it, is a perfect situation for me, and I'm sure many others.
    What its intended to do, and what it is are two different things. The free epic ring for getting exalted with klaxxi, for example, is likely to be used for a long time since there's two ring slots and some of those rings are itemized really well. And then there's valor, which you can almost guarantee will have an upgrade for several weeks or months. Reputation is absolutely necessary for optimal gearing.

I don't get why people think they have to do the dailies every day. Enjoy what you do, no one forces you to play WoW every day, or do the dailies every day... its not like work, where you HAVE to complete certain tasks each day. Take it easy, do something else (I think there is a vast range of other possible "fun-sources" in the game, outside of daily quests). Don't put the stress of "what is expected of me and how I`m supposed to be doing things" on you.
    In order to get optimally geared, you're required to get two factions to exalted and two to revered,
    ... who are you required by? New patches are coming anyway, new sources of loot.. you'r not required to do anything. Only by pointless expectations.

This game is becoming a competition for the more casual guilds as well, which stresses out people so much that they don't even realize that they're not enjoying themselves. This is not even the game's fault, rather it's the mentality of people. Take it easy guys... not worth loosing brain-cells over a game .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    I hate them so much, ridiculously boring/stupid/retarded and dull, and there are waaaaaaaaaaaay too many, stupidest thing ever.
    This, so fed up by now!