Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    The jarring question I have at the moment is, given "healing is no longer based on the damage done by the Justicar," I wonder what healing is actually based on.
    Perhaps similar to the Chloromancer? Spells base cast time, not idea if Justicar has to cast stuff though.

Nice patch notes, now I'm just trying to find a solid DPS build for my Mage.

Any help please? Perfer main spec storm caller!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Nice patch notes, now I'm just trying to find a solid DPS build for my Mage.

Any help please? Perfer main spec storm caller!
    Tough question!

the very top DPS spec for mages atm is defilemancer, but that has all now changed

I would ask you give us a few days to figure out all the new changes. Additionally, a really good resource is (shock and surprise) the official forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ge-discussion/

Very helpful guides and feedback on mages.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Can someone help me out here? Has money off of mobs always been auto looted immediately after you killed them? For some reason, I feel like this is a new feature, but I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Can someone help me out here? Has money off of mobs always been auto looted immediately after you killed them? For some reason, I feel like this is a new feature, but I could be wrong.

Umm, only if you have auto loot on. I always seen money/loot which had to be clicked to accept. So if it does it now then yeah that's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Umm, only if you have auto loot on. I always seen money/loot which had to be clicked to accept. So if it does it now then yeah that's changed.
    Yeah, I have auto loot set, but every time I kill something I immediately hear the jingle and the mob is only lootable if he has an item.

Been spending the past oh, two hours or so doing super quick rebuilds of my characters trees and some super basic testing to see how my builds work. This is gonna take a while -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Been spending the past oh, two hours or so doing super quick rebuilds of my characters trees and some super basic testing to see how my builds work. This is gonna take a while -_-
    Yeah same boat for me I spent my whole evening making one healing and range build just practicing rotations now but I'm pretty happy with both now. I kind of cheated for fine tuning my range build. I went to a world event looked at the highest DPS parse who was a consistent 6k+ sustained cleric (ID geared head to toe /w relic gear) and checked out his/her parse. After making some tweaks I was sitting where I want to be.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, of course the two mods of the Rift subforums are the biggest nerds.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Proud to be a Rift nerd/fanboi. \o/ I still keep grounded though and will shout foul if it's "warranted".

OT: Bring on SL all souls/class are OP atm. Current content is not a good indicator for the changes.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I'm an extreme nerd for Rift.... I just need new real content. New spec stuff has never done much for me. ;-/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Don't get me wrong, I'm an extreme nerd for Rift.... I just need new real content. New spec stuff has never done much for me. ;-/
    agreed, I had no interest in logging in yesterday at all. In fact I didn't. After a patch like this I usually wait a few days while the nerds go to work, then find the new best specs posted then practice my rotation in a raid.

Proud to be a Rift nerd/fanboi. \o/ I still keep grounded though and will shout foul if it's "warranted".

OT: Bring on SL all souls/class are OP atm. Current content is not a good indicator for the changes.
    btw my predictions about warrior being broken have come true just to point that out. Paragon is bugged as shit. Go figure something too good to be true is actually too good to be true.

BM was not too bad and takes a second to get used to. The dps is just not competitive and if you have two BM's it is bugged where the debuffs are not stacking or some stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this wasn't really a content patch. Pre -expansion patch is to stabilize and get people familiar with the changes. I wouldn't want all these changes on the day of launch I want to just go and smash faces and not theory craft on launch day.

Yeah this wasn't really a content patch. Pre -expansion patch is to stabilize and get people familiar with the changes. I wouldn't want all these changes on the day of launch I want to just go and smash faces and not theory craft on launch day.
    We are getting a new 5man, so that counts as content. Also we only have to deal with this for like 4ish weeks. I am looking forward to the world event starting with a cool new storyline myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    We are getting a new 5man, so that counts as content. Also we only have to deal with this for like 4ish weeks. I am looking forward to the world event starting with a cool new storyline myself.
    When does the 5 man open? I won't run it much past achivs the gear won't help me and no level experience until SL drops. I ran it on thr beta it's well done but not long lasting content in comparsion to regular Rift content patches.

Still feeling mixed on the Warrior changes. IN an odd way it feel like they removed the filler in the roots and placed it in the trees themselves. The other thing is a lot of the tanking trees have low hanging fruits [so to speak] that seem far too good to pass up.

Not sure where they were going with this, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    When does the 5 man open?
    Exodus of the Storm Queen will open when Phase 3 of the new World Event starts which according to the event tracker will be Oct 30th

I'm like, really really bad at the game. So I may be a nerd, but I'm not a very good nerd : (