Cleaving as an SV hunter

Just wondering what SV hunters are doing for cleave fights (arbitrarily defined here as 2-4 targets). I'm sure the answer changes with the number of targets involved. Here are some of the decisions that I am often faced with:

- Explosive trap vs. Black Arrow
    - Glaive Toss vs. Multi-shot (with TotH procced vs full cost)
    - Multi-shot vs. Arcane (with TotH procced vs full cost)

Discuss.

Deleted
    Single target rotation, Explosive trap if they will stay in it, BA if they will be moving. Glaive Toss on CD, Multi shot with TotH.

Multi-shot with TotH every 14 seconds (I have a separate power aura just counting off the 14s after I MS so I can have an idea when it's dropping off m secondary target).

Trap on the ground if possible. Glaive toss on the far mob, if possible (though let's be honest, the off-target dmg of glaive toss is balls). Now that barrage is going to be castable while moveable, it MAY be a viable option here, but it still requires a channel where you can't do shit, IE you'll want to time it between Explosive Shot CDs and at high(er) focus (because you won't be able to CS to make up the focus before the next ES).

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 07:17 PM ----------

Also, I believe MS spam is "worth it" at 3+ targets, iirc, just spending your LnLs and BA/ExT procs when available. Though I don't know how true this statement is. This cleave rotation is something I only use on 2 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Multi-shot with TotH every 14 seconds (I have a separate power aura just counting off the 14s after I MS so I can have an idea when it's dropping off m secondary target).

Trap on the ground if possible. Glaive toss on the far mob, if possible (though let's be honest, the off-target dmg of glaive toss is balls). Now that barrage is going to be castable while moveable, it MAY be a viable option here, but it still requires a channel where you can't do shit, IE you'll want to time it between Explosive Shot CDs and at high(er) focus (because you won't be able to CS to make up the focus before the next ES).

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 07:17 PM ----------

Also, I believe MS spam is "worth it" at 3+ targets, iirc, just spending your LnLs and BA/ExT procs when available. Though I don't know how true this statement is. This cleave rotation is something I only use on 2 targets.
    I usually just end up using my glaive toss as a reference since I'm monitoring that CD.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I go a different route if I'm on a Large AoE fight or just for fun on trash, with dropping an Explosive Trap, Barraging which a good percentage of the time almost immediately procs ToTh then go to town with Multi-Shot spam.

This is for situations with 3 or more targets available.

At somewhere around 3 targets MS passes ExP in damage per gcd. After 4 targets it's pretty much safe to forgo non free explosives all together.

Always use explosive trap if there are multiple targets in range, and at least one of the targets wont move the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    On 3+ targets you will be dumping with Multi exclusively during TotH. Even spamming it is better DPS than free arcanes.

Personally I've been dumping with Multi spam during TotH even on 2 targets. I'm not 100% sure it's correct, but even if it isn't it's very very close.