Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lesser Charms of Good Fortune need a revamp

To begin with - I absolutely love those charms. It's a great addition, something that does not impact anyone in a bad way, but gives you a nice chance for loot if you are an active player.

The problem is that they accumulate way to quickly. Right now I've got nearly 500 of those, after trading 90 this week. And I know people who have like 1k. 1k things that can just be threated as an unsellable trash.

Those things need to be revamped quickly. But how? My idea: in addition to a weekly "90 lesser to 3 greater" quest there is a chance to obtain an Elder Charm by trading 60 Lesser ones at any time given. Therefore, you got a weekly threat, but have a chance to spend excess of your marks at twice lower rate anyway. The amount of Elders wouldnt be that much higher, but it is a nice way to deal with Lesser Charms in your inventory.

What are your ideas regarding this problem?

For those of us who don't have time to do a lot of dailies everyday 90 is quite enough...

By that I mean

I don't feel potential loot gains should be too reliant on grinding dailies for hours a week, if you could get more charms as you suggest it would tip the scales that way imo.

once you are exalted with everything, you won't have much incentive for doing dailies, you will be thankful for having saved them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    For those of us who don't have time to do a lot of dailies everyday 90 is quite enough...

By that I mean

I don't feel potential loot gains should be too reliant on grinding dailies for hours a week, if you could get more charms as you suggest it would tip the scales that way imo.
    They only stack to 10 so that's not really anything to be concerned with too much unless you're spending all 10 then filling up again but if you do that you will quickly run out.

OT: They should be currency. I have no idea why greater charms are and lesser charms are not. Or least make them stack to 1000. Why 180..that's terrible considering how quickly you get them if you're doing all the dailies each day.

By that I mean

People who have more time to raid every week get to progress faster than me. It's totally unfair that these people gear up quicker than me. Blizz please gate content and only release new stuff when I am able to clear it.

All I got from what you said.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, should be able to just turn them in for crafting mats or spirits or whatever.

And if nothing else, they should be considered currency, not items that take up gobs of bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    They only stack to 10 so that's not really anything to be concerned with too much unless you're spending all 10 then filling up again but if you do that you will quickly run out.

OT: They should be currency. I have no idea why greater charms are and lesser charms are not. Or least make them stack to 1000. Why 180..that's terrible considering how quickly you get them if you're doing all the dailies each day.
    So you can't see how person X in the raid who got his 3 charms for the week, is going to have a substantially lesser chance at gear than person Y with 10 charms.

Person Y has more free time, or can log in religiously every day. He is not necessarily more or less skilled or more deserving than person X. He just has the benefit of more free time.

I see that as a bad idea, personally.

People who have more time to raid every week get to progress faster than me. It's totally unfair that these people gear up quicker than me. Blizz please gate content and only release new stuff when I am able to clear it.

I never mentioned raiding, we were discussing daily quests. You should consider reading what people wrote before spewing out nonsensical replies.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't see how person X in the raid who got his 3 charms for the week, is going to have a substantially lesser chance at gear than person Y with 10 charms.

Person Y has more free time, or can log in religiously every day. He is not necessarily more or less skilled or more deserving than person X. He just has the benefit of more free time.

I never mentioned raiding, we were discussing daily quests. You should consider reading what people wrote before spewing out nonsensical replies.

Yeah, but if the guy with 10 charms blows his wad in one week to beat out the guy with only 3, then next week they both only have 3 at max. So meh, it's not that big of a thing long term.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Should people who spend more time and effort not be able to progress more than someone who dsnt?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Yeah, but if the guy with 10 charms blows his wad in one week to beat out the guy with only 3, then next week they both only have 3 at max. So meh, it's not that big of a thing long term.
    It is if he can farm out 10 per week

Why?
    Should people who spend more time and effort not be able to progress more than someone who dsnt?
    Skill / proper effort yes... grinding out dailies... not so much. See dailies are great if you can log in every day, a lot of people can't. It doesn't matter if they can play for 8 hours solid on a tuesday for example, if they can't log in 3 days a week because of RL commitments they would be SOL, skill and effort be damned.

As this is only speculation however it's not really anything to worry about.
    Last edited by Maelle; 2012-10-17 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn them into a currency to stop them hogging all my bag space and I'll be content with only turning in 90 every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe make it a daily quest instead of a weekly 1. not like the extra roll gives u any loot :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Noui View Post
    once you are exalted with everything, you won't have much incentive for doing dailies, you will be thankful for having saved them up.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Turn them into a currency to stop them hogging all my bag space and I'll be content with only turning in 90 every week.
    Also this. Or atleast let em stack to 1000 instead of only 180, I've got 4 useless bag spots right now! lol

Lastly, OP, there is no "h" in the word "treat".

I know a better revamp:

When you get a Lesser Charm of Good Fortune you have 24 hours to turn it in @ Elder Liao or Elder Lin. The Elders count your charms from server maintenance day to server maintenance day. On server maintenance day itself the counting will reset and Elder Liao/Lin start yout counting again from zero.
    Elder Charms of Good Fortune will be added upon 90 lesser charms into your currency tab (no longer an item). You can have a maximum limit of 3 Elder charms each week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post

What an amount of bullshit. If you do dailies, you deserve to rewarded with what dailies award: Vanity stuff, reputation and gold. Not a chance for extra heroic mode gear. Likewise people wouldn't like it if Blizzard designed the game to only allow raiders a possibility of legendary loot if one has done all the pet battle achievements.

Overall I think these coins are a terrible design. Everyone gears up too quickly, and you are forced to gather them, no matter where on the progression path you are. But since Blizzard wants to keep them, only being able to turn in 90 a week is completely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    To begin with - I absolutely love those charms. It's a great addition, something that does not impact anyone in a bad way, but gives you a nice chance for loot if you are an active player.

The problem is that they accumulate way to quickly. Right now I've got nearly 500 of those, after trading 90 this week. And I know people who have like 1k. 1k things that can just be threated as an unsellable trash.

Those things need to be revamped quickly. But how? My idea: in addition to a weekly "90 lesser to 3 greater" quest there is a chance to obtain an Elder Charm by trading 60 Lesser ones at any time given. Therefore, you got a weekly threat, but have a chance to spend excess of your marks at twice lower rate anyway. The amount of Elders wouldnt be that much higher, but it is a nice way to deal with Lesser Charms in your inventory.

What are your ideas regarding this problem?
    The only revamp they need is either A) Allow more to stack instead of 180 or and imo the best route since it takes less data space B) make it a currency. The more physical items they have the more data it takes up.

If they allowed us to get more than 3 a week then it goes back to "forcing" us to do more dailies than needed for 90 charms just to maximize our chances and they are moving away from that.

Honestly, they should just switch them to a capless currency, and keep the weekly 90. That way you can save them up as much as you want if you log in all the time, but you aren't given an unfair advantage over people who can't log in every day. Also, it would free up some valuable bag space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misohoni View Post
    Honestly, they should just switch them to a capless currency, and keep the weekly 90. That way you can save them up as much as you want if you log in all the time, but you aren't given an unfair advantage over people who can't log in every day. Also, it would free up some valuable bag space.
    I agree, I think this would be the best solution to the lesser charm issue.

Deleted
    You should be able to exchange 90 for 250 g in my opinion aswell, for those who do not care about the coins.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking it's fine the way it is.

Once I start hitting exalted with the reps I need and stop doing the dailies as often, I will be glad I have these items stockpiled, only going back and doing them when needed.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature