Deleted

Change keybinds when changing spec

Is it possible to change keybinds when i change from one spec to another? Thanks for viewing

Some addons have the ability to change profiles when changing specs. I believe bartender has this functionality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Is it possible to change keybinds when i change from one spec to another? Thanks for viewing
    Do you mean which keys are used or which abilities the keys activate?

I use the same keys for my specs, but they activate different abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2012-10-17 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Do you mean which keys are used or which abilities the keys activate?

I use the same keys for my specs, but they activate different abilities.
    Both depending on how you set it up. From memory you can change profiles and tie it to a spec, which means that you can change everything (action bar positioning/layout, keybinds used etc) without affecting your other spec.

Dont think an add-on is going to do that since your keybinds are set in the blizz options menu. However I play alot of different characters and find it easier to have all my key bindings set up in the order of my rotations so if I dont play a certain toon for a while when I do log in and play it my rotation is all set up for me, and when you change spec's you get new spell action bars.

What works best for me is to set my lower row of spells to 1-10, and I set the row above that to f1-f12. Just a thought.

Bartender allows you to have different keybindings per character.

Oops, forgot AND specs, but i think their may be an extra addon you need for that. Let me see.

Nope nevermind it says it doesnt change bindings:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bartender4_dualspec
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-10-17 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Both depending on how you set it up. From memory you can change profiles and tie it to a spec, which means that you can change everything (action bar positioning/layout, keybinds used etc) without affecting your other spec.
    Gah, I meant to quote the OP, not you. My bad :-p

I do the same stuff without any addon, btw...

Profiles: Macros, Profiles: Keybinds, and Profiles: ActionBar is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Dont think an add-on is going to do that since your keybinds are set in the blizz options menu. However I play alot of different characters and find it easier to have all my key bindings set up in the order of my rotations so if I dont play a certain toon for a while when I do log in and play it my rotation is all set up for me, and when you change spec's you get new spell action bars.

What works best for me is to set my lower row of spells to 1-10, and I set the row above that to f1-f12. Just a thought.
    action bar mods change HOW the game recognizes keybinds without changing the default keybinds. i use ION (was macaroon and originally trinity bars)

it does as much as anything but ion is in a "beta" stage now, been using it since launch, got a few minor bugs that will have to wait on Maul to fix but he's a busy guy irl right now.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-10-24 at 05:18 PM.