Deleted

Heart of the Wild

Hello!

I'm a resto druid and I'm trying to do as much dps as possible on Gara'jal 10 heroic in the beginning.
    Am I correct in thinking that going cat -> rake -> mangle till 5 -> ferocious bite is the best for dps?

Another quick question, if I reforge my healing gear fully into crit > haste > mastery > spirit, will I do more dps in cat form with HotW up? Since I have more crit and haste (energy regen)?

Just wondering, and thanks in advance!

15+ Year Old Account
    yes you stats such a crit , mastery and haste do help when you go catform
    the highest dps rotation is probely (like you stated)
    keep rake up
    mangle for combo points
    FB at 5

however i am not sure how good haste is in thie cause as you will only be in cat form for max 45 seconds, you only renerate x energy even with haste i think you only get a few extra attacks off

on the other hand maybe balance spells (wrath\boomfire) is even better to dps with when your a resto druid i dont know tbh
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-10-18 at 10:32 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Last week, using that rotation with a polearm and an int pot, I averaged about 5.5m damage done on every pull. Yesterday, with the same thing, it was much lower at 3.5 to 4m damage done after 45 seconds. It looks like the spell was been nerfed a bit.

I switched to simply popping HoTW and spamming Wrath and Moonfire. My damage went back up to 4.8 to 5m each pull. Wrath spam is probably better now.
    Ashr

15+ Year Old Account
    yep HotW got nerfed
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Don't wanna make a new thread so I'll just ask here. After the nerf is it still viable for a feral to take the talent as a DPS CD? For wrath spamming. Or is it just as a utility for air phases or something like that? Thanks in advanced.

15+ Year Old Account
    its still a dps increase to wrath spam, just a lot smaller dps increase.
    best talent is now Dream of Cenarius but that has a verry high skill requirement
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Don't wanna make a new thread so I'll just ask here. After the nerf is it still viable for a feral to take the talent as a DPS CD? For wrath spamming. Or is it just as a utility for air phases or something like that? Thanks in advanced.
    IMO still viable but you need to equip a caster weapon.

Deleted
    On paper HotW vs DoC it's 3-4% and even less when you execute the rotation because you will have harder time and more errors with DoC anyways i'm pretty sure To answer Healarious question Yes HotW is still a dps increase and i will probably use it when i still have to train tactics on bosses since i tend to need the extra focus that often goes to DoC rotation... :-)