Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Could anyone tell me please what is your average combustion on dummies selfbufed even If i get 2 crit pyros in a row with 2 active trinkets. I have got about 10-12k combust on dummies. Should I sacrifice some crit to get more mastery? I have only 1200 Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagnerk View Post
    Could anyone tell me please what is your average combustion on dummies selfbufed even If i get 2 crit pyros in a row with 2 active trinkets. I have got about 10-12k combust on dummies. Should I sacrifice some crit to get more mastery? I have only 1200 Mastery.
    No, the value of crit vastly outnumbers mastery. It's hard to tell what you could be doing without a link to an armory, but the sound of 10-12K combustions does not seem right. You should be getting 30K's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSirius View Post
    No, the value of crit vastly outnumbers mastery. It's hard to tell what you could be doing without a link to an armory, but the sound of 10-12K combustions does not seem right. You should be getting 30K's.
    Please remove spaces. 501 ILVL is for my fire spec. The weapon is from my main frost spec.
    eu.battle. net/wow/ru/character/%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81/%D0%92%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BA/advanced

If i go fire with my best gear I am going to have 11400(34.9%) crit, 2900 haste(12.25%) and 2k mastery according to AMR(full buffed). Is it enough stats to go fire, or should I get a bit more items? And if yes, is there any haste softcaps which i definitely should get?
    Last edited by mmocee66ab7612; 2013-03-28 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    this guide makes me moist and dericious, aka goodie

Deleted
    Please remove spaces. 501 ILVL is for my fire spec. The weapon is from my main frost spec.
    eu.battle. net/wow/ru/character/%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81/%D0%92%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BA/advanced

If i go fire with my best gear I am going to have 11400(34.9%) crit, 2900 haste(12.25%) and 2k mastery according to AMR(full buffed). Is it enough stats to go fire, or should I get a bit more items? And if yes, is there any haste softcaps which i definitely should get?
    Its enough crit, haste caps are 3056 and 5500 as said in the first post of this guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Its enough crit, haste caps are 3056 and 5500 as said in the first post of this guide.
    5500 is for 15 ticks of NT but that is with frost armor, which is obviously not used by fire.
    3056 is for 23 ticks of glyphed combustion, the next break point for combustion would be 5036, which is a reasonable number to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Yeah, Glyphed combustion which most people use anyway, and some of us just swap depending on bossed but thats a minority.

I said 5500 but it was 5036, my bad. I didnt remember the exact number
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-03-28 at 12:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roughly,

12.55% haste.. then 5% haste for each is +1 glyphed tick of combustion.

Pushing over 40% crit raid buffed now...

Fire is getting ridiculous. On the pull for Durumu with 2pc T15and lust I was pushing almost 400k dps.

Deleted
    Why my crit rate is different rather than shown at AMR? I have 37.33% of crit(critical mass was not taken in to the account) with Molten Armor and AB but AMR says I have 35.23%.

Deleted
    Why my crit rate is different rather than shown at AMR? I have 37.33% of crit(critical mass was not taken in to the account) with Molten Armor and AB but AMR says I have 35.23%.
    AMR accounts for Molten Armor, Intellect buff, Blessings of kings (or duird/monk buff), AND the boss level crit reduction (-3%).

So, AMR shows what will be your real crit rating when in raid and dpsing a boss, just multiplies the AMR by 1.3 to know your crit rating with CM.

Deleted
    AMR accounts for Molten Armor, Intellect buff, Blessings of kings (or duird/monk buff), AND the boss level crit reduction (-3%).

So, AMR shows what will be your real crit rating when in raid and dpsing a boss, just multiplies the AMR by 1.3 to know your crit rating with CM.
    I completely forgot about boss level crit reduction. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Pushing over 40% crit raid buffed now...

Fire is getting ridiculous. On the pull for Durumu with 2pc T15and lust I was pushing almost 400k dps.
    And? How was your dps in the end of the fight? Mage is the most burstiest PvE class atm when hero is popped. At least when we get all our procs to line up, that doesn't mean we are in top at the end of the fight does it? Given Durumu is 1 of those fights that mages will do good on even in the end results.

Deleted
    Someone please tell me I'm not going insane here...

I recently tried to help out my old guild's new mage who is struggling with his damage - the first thing I noticed he is using Scorch instead of fireball - I said it is ludicrous he is doing this but he was determined it is a bigger DPS increase compared to fireball due to getting more Pyro! procs. Afterwards, I spoke to a current guildie about it and he also says he has a few mage friends who also do this.

I realise I'm half asleep, but I am right aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    Someone please tell me I'm not going insane here...

I recently tried to help out my old guild's new mage who is struggling with his damage - the first thing I noticed he is using Scorch instead of fireball - I said it is ludicrous he is doing this but he was determined it is a bigger DPS increase compared to fireball due to getting more Pyro! procs. Afterwards, I spoke to a current guildie about it and he also says he has a few mage friends who also do this.

I realise I'm half asleep, but I am right aren't I?
    Indeed its a dps loss to not use fireball in most cases. But the DPET of fireball is so goddamn low, that it wont make as big of a difference as 1 might think.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    And? How was your dps in the end of the fight? Mage is the most burstiest PvE class atm when hero is popped. At least when we get all our procs to line up, that doesn't mean we are in top at the end of the fight does it? Given Durumu is 1 of those fights that mages will do good on even in the end results.
    Still did over 130k by the end of the fight, and I'm usually top or #2 depending on his many crits our warrior gets during execute.

Deleted
    How do you guys see if your pyros critted in the see of numbers we have ?

I tried to configure my combat text to make a sound, or maybe a text when my pyro critted but I can't, and i'm feeling the addons focusing on ignites numbers have a delays and are not optimal.

Deleted
    How do you guys see if your pyros critted in the see of numbers we have ?

I tried to configure my combat text to make a sound, or maybe a text when my pyro critted but I can't, and i'm feeling the addons focusing on ignites numbers have a delays and are not optimal.
    I personally use MSBT (MiksscrollingBattleText) and you can configure it to only show crits and you can also configure to not show DoT ticks (Bomb spells and Ignire/Combustion) It makes it really easy/clear to see when your Fireball, Scorch Pyro crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    I personally use MSBT (MiksscrollingBattleText) and you can configure it to only show crits and you can also configure to not show DoT ticks (Bomb spells and Ignire/Combustion) It makes it really easy/clear to see when your Fireball, Scorch Pyro crits.
    ^^ This

You can even set a trigger specific to a particular spell critting in MSBT to change how it appears, which scrolling box it appears in, and even attach a sound to it. This is why I went hunting a new scrolling combat text mod earlier last month, specifically to highlight my crits with pyro and filter the other noise.

For example, all of my dots appear in the outgoing damage window in combined form, and all other spells too, on the right, and then in my "Proc" box up top I have Pyroblast crits show in the second to largest font, shaking, highlighted in red, and makes a boom noise along with the actual number of the crit. MyBigIgnite tracker is just to the side of that so I can see both quickly.

Also, MyBigIgnite uses the 'real time' data, not the combat log, so there isn't a delay. I don't know how other mods behave.

Of course, I set all that up, and then decided to play Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Still did over 130k by the end of the fight, and I'm usually top or #2 depending on his many crits our warrior gets during execute.
    130k is less than some classes did in full t14 hc, so I still don't see the problem here..