Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    God bless your guide Windry. Everyone else just said "hit to 15%" lol, I needed the actual 5100 number. Thanks for being legit.

Deleted
    No you need the actual 15%, becuase there are other sources to get Hit from Expertise as a Gnome/Human or actual hit as a Dreinai for example

Racials are the only hit source that would require you to know anything than the number 5100 and he presumably already knows what race he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be something like this:

Hit Rating + Expertise Rating = 5100 (- 340 if Gnome/Human wielding Sword) (-340 if Gnome wielding Dagger) (-340 if Draenei)

Deleted
    Today I got LFR Tier pants, having Imperial Silk Gloves in my bag, and Burning Scroll Gloves and Infestation Leggings equiped. But I'm not 100% sure of it. Sure the ilvl increases.

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Today I got LFR Tier pants, having Imperial Silk Gloves in my bag, and Burning Scroll Gloves and Infestation Leggings equiped. But I'm not 100% sure of it. Sure the ilvl increases.
    Do you have a question? Or are you just blogging?

Infracted. ... any more questions?
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-25 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Yep sorry, wrote the post being a little bit drunk.

Question is: Should I equip Tier pants+Imperial Silk or Tier Gloves+Infestation?

All LFR but the Imperial Silk Gloves ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't want to write anything coz I'm not good enough for specific Fire questions, but you could run a simulation with both sets to check this. If not that, you can use generic Fire stat weights, multiply and add up the stats on both items (while counting reforging, gems, enchants, etc), see what the dps loss is by equipping the LFR set item and then compare to your usual damage done and whether an 8% increase to Pyroblast damage and what it implies would be gain.

A specific answer is not something I can provide.

______

Second thing, mages are really terrorizing poor GC on Twitter rofl. Never seen him answer so many tweets about the same topic on the same spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post

Second thing, mages are really terrorizing poor GC on Twitter rofl. Never seen him answer so many tweets about the same topic on the same spec.
    Though maybe he shall investigate now why mages are so vocal..

Deleted
    Went to Blatty streaming, asked him a few questions and finally made my mind for arcane. It's good enough now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fire is apparently good where it is. D:

and I was hoping for an all-fire expansion..

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Fire is apparently good where it is. D:

and I was hoping for an all-fire expansion..
    Blizz: you can play what ever you want. But we shall buff and nerf specs like baboons so you need to roll another spec every month if you wanna keep yourself best you can be. Nice one

I really think it's a bit of a no-brainer that one of the devs should "jump on the grenade" and "take one for the team" and actually roll a mage. I mean what is the reasoning none of the devs plays a mage? GC used to. Was it too boring for him? I don't understand how they think they can effectively develop a class they don't play.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying rebuild the class, not like warlocks, but just to actually get #s right instead of just putting random shit in it. Fire was perfectly fine before making combustion stop loving pyroblast.. the stupid idea was giving shatter to every spec. With the change happening to invocation, it would have been a better "nerf" to fire, then how they've fucked around crit and combustion.

Maybe some sort of buff to mastery then.. lower fireball a bit, pyro a bit, then just beef mastery. everybody wins.

Deleted
    So guys I recently got 4-set LFR for my mage, but I discovered simcraft suddenly values haste a lot higher than before. Haste now has a value of 2.67 while crit has 2.68, and when I insert these values into a reforger it reforges away a bit of my crit and mastery into haste. This sudden change of haste value has got me thinking that it might me wrong, so could anyone please explain me whether to reforge to haste? Appreciate it

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aelreth/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Haste is terrible as fire.

On to important notes...

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Mage T15 2P Bonus (New) When Alter Time expires, you gain 5,100 Haste for 30 sec.
    Item - Mage T15 4P Bonus (New) Increases the effects of Arcane Charges by 20%, increases the critical strike chance of Pyroblast by 5%, and increases the chance for your Frostbolt to trigger Fingers of Frost by an additional 6%.

Garbage.. 5% pyro crit?

Talents

Blazing Speed now replaces Blink. Cooldown reduced to 15 sec, down from 25. Now also frees the caster from stuns and bonds, and makes them immune for the duration.

Blazing Speed vs Blink
    Cast/no GCD or Instant transport for a cooldown (plus so many awsome floor bugs!)

I was under the impression that Haste was still better than Mastery, more Fireballs > more chances to crit, that's never going to hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no real major haste point past 12.55% Maybe 17.44%
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44
    (Might also consider how many ticks of combustion during lust you can get)

I'm pretty sure we can make up the difference in haste dmg(lb/fb) vs ignite/combustion dmg.

If you could get an extra tick out of ignite with reachable haste, and still hold enough crit though...
    Last edited by spaace; 2013-01-11 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    There's no real major haste point past 12.55% Maybe 17.44%
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44
    (Might also consider how many ticks of combustion during lust you can get)

I'm pretty sure we can make up the difference in haste dmg(lb/fb) vs ignite/combustion dmg.

If you could get an extra tick out of ignite with reachable haste, and still hold enough crit though...
    If the bonus would be 850-1600 static haste, then yes it would be crap, but as its 5100 haste for 30 seconds every 3 mins if optimized properly its far from useless, though I'd rather have it being strongest secondary stats, the crits would taste so tasty
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-01-11 at 04:37 AM.

The issue with secondary stat procs is that Frost detests large Crit procs (because it's already going to be at near 100%) and no spec but Arcane really highly favours Mastery
    Every spec can make some use of Haste

Of course a better solution would just be "5100 of your highest secondary stat"