Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Anyone know off the top of their head what the exact rating needed for 12.54% haste is? Counting raid haste buff, not counting goblin.
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

That link has all caster breakpoints for mists, goblin and non, buffed and unbuffed

Deleted
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=39

Edit: blah forgot to go to last page -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, since someone decided to start their own thread on the matter..

The reason why I chose 12.55% haste was for scale factors, while giving mastery a healthy boost.

xx.55 is the highest number needed (for all scaling).. Combustion is every 5% after 2.51%(5.xx something small really. I didn't break it all down.)

The only real reason to get higher base haste is for pyroblast tick at 24.97% (over 7500-8000 rating[gob or not], raid buffed), and in this tier, with all the crit you need, you won't reach that much haste without suffering crit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing

Since Arcane was nerfed to the ground, it looks like I'll be back to fire soon. I took the time to look at some loot, this is what I believe will be BiS next tier.
    Last edited by Windry; 2013-02-27 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Anyone know off the top of their head what the exact rating needed for 12.54% haste is? Counting raid haste buff, not counting goblin.

That will have all the info you will need for break points. http://www.totemspot.com/images/hast...cards/mage.gif

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post

That link has all caster breakpoints for mists, goblin and non, buffed and unbuffed
    Nvm I should have just turned the page
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post

Since Arcane was nerfed to the ground, it looks like I'll be back to fire soon. I took the time to look at some loot, this is what I believe will be BiS next tier.
    Ye my BiS list seems kinda the same.. few notes though.. would think that Frostborn Wristwraps with Crit/haste roll is our BiS, but its random so ye.. And for the wep replacement Venomlord's Totemic Wand might be a better choice

Thanks for this.

Have you by any chance done any comparisons of the double upgraded heroic weapons from this tier with the 500 int gem compared to the normal t14 weapons? Specifically the staff from this tier. Just wondering because if the staff drops off Lei Shi tonight I will most likely get it, but don't know if I should dump the VP on it before the patch or just wait for a normal weapon + off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Thanks for this.

Have you by any chance done any comparisons of the double upgraded heroic weapons from this tier with the 500 int gem compared to the normal t14 weapons? Specifically the staff from this tier. Just wondering because if the staff drops off Lei Shi tonight I will most likely get it, but don't know if I should dump the VP on it before the patch or just wait for a normal weapon + off hand.
    The combination of normal wep+offhand would be:
    +407 sp, 195 int, 386 crit, 412 hit
    -581 haste

And that is compared to upgraded staff with gem, so yes even 522 is WAY ahead, This is ofc assuming that the prismatic gem socket does indeed go for the new weps, if not then its -320 crit from the combination

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The combination of normal wep+offhand would be:
    +407 sp, 195 int, 386 crit, 412 hit
    -581 haste

And that is compared to upgraded staff with gem, so yes even 522 is WAY ahead, This is ofc assuming that the prismatic gem socket does indeed go for the new weps, if not then its -320 crit from the combination
    Are you including the 500 int gem in the staff that wont be in the 522 weapon? because that seems off.

edit: Just looked at them myself, Nasagast + Lei Shen including gems/socket bonuses+enchants would be 1681 int 1783 crit 412 hit 454 haste 8926 SP and the staff is 1988 int (with +500 int from the sha gem) 8521 SP 1238 crit 1036 haste.

So that would be +545 crit +412 hit -582 haste +405 SP -307 INT, if I did that right.
    Last edited by DeathDefier; 2013-02-27 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Are you including the 500 int gem in the staff that wont be in the 522 weapon? because that seems off.
    yes, though not like it matters if the new cm nerf goes live.. frost will just be better by a mile till full normal or so

There weren't many changes, but I've updated the OP for 5.2

- Main change with the 10% pyro nerf is that you no longer hard cast pyroblast even if the dot has fallen off.
    - Other main change of course was the BiS gear which I've updated as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There weren't many changes, but I've updated the OP for 5.2

- Main change with the 10% pyro nerf is that you no longer hard cast pyroblast even if the dot has fallen off.
    - Other main change of course was the BiS gear which I've updated as well.
    even though the dot component didn't change? it was just -10% to its direct damage.

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    even though the dot component didn't change? it was just -10% to its direct damage.
    I guess that's because the direct damage is so low now, the hardcast isn't worth it just for the dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it still happen in T14 normal/heroic gear that the Pyro DoT ever drops off barring some serious movement and positioning difficulties? This should never have been an issue in the first place imho since you can cast two Inferno Blast over the dot duration?
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Does it still happen in T14 normal/heroic gear that the Pyro DoT ever drops off barring some serious movement and positioning difficulties? This should never have been an issue in the first place imho since you can cast two Inferno Blast over the dot duration?
    Yeah but remember that if you use inferno blast and then get a non-crit, your heating up is gone. And noone would use inferno blast and then not cast anything for duration of its cooldown and then cast it again. If someone has SERIOUS bad luck (like, no crits for 20sec whatsoever) then it may fall off, but it's really, really unlikely right now, with most mages having ~30% crit raidbuffed (meaning 39% with cm).

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    Well, basically, originally I posted that you should hardcast pyroblast when the dot is going to fall off because (pyro damage + corresponding ignite + 1 tick of the dot) > (fireball+ corresponding ignite).

Now with the nerf to pyro direct damage and corresponding ignite, it would take 2 ticks before hard casting Pyro would be higher DPET. That's 24 seconds with 0 crits... which I would gamble that you'll get a crit for heating up.

Now, if you're doing something like DPS'ing 5 targets, trying to keep up the pyrodot on all 5 is a good way of going about the DPS, and you want to hard cast pyro on that extra mob that doesn't have the DoT, then of course it's still higher DPET than a filler fireball.

Deleted
    Btw windry what is the reason for Tier chest not being the off set piece. Seeing the tier chest is hit+mastery, and head is hit+haste?
    I havent had much time to check out gear yet, just noticed it today at quatermaster.

Well it pretty much came down to:

The combination of:
    Flame Caster's Burning Crown + Tier Chest > Tier Helm + Zandalari Robes of the Final Rite

I did the math a few weeks ago, but can't find it now. You're welcome to check it and let me know if you come up with a different conclusion. If I remember correctly:
    Flame Caster's Burning Crown + Tier Chest > Tier Helm + Robes of Nova as well.... but by a very very small margin.

Does anyone happen to know an ideal AOE rotation? For 3 and 3+ packs?

So I got the [Fissure-Split Shoulderwraps] but I have the [Mantle of the Burning Scroll] +2 so just by looking at the stats I get more of everthing but mastery and lose 4 piece bonus so what I'm asking is it worth losing 4 piece bonus just for more stats?

I have put in stats there just to compare.