Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I think so too, but I'd like to see numbers to ease my concerns.
    well in your case you dont have any heroic trinkets, so your Immerseus trinket is same ilvl. It is clearly better, i would swap out wush.

Deleted
    Lo, my horribly optimised frost gear(Yeah, cba to reforge.):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onfourt/simple

I kind of dislike how Frost feels right now, but I'm playing it anyway because it is(According to Sims) better than Fire. I don't even get anywhere near my Frost sim(Which is really, ridiculously high) and I actually think that's Simcraft's issue(Since it's said to be inaccurate et al). I only play Flex at the moment, though I'll go do normal modes soon as well I hope. My question is: will I be ridiculously bad and/or atrociously gimp my group by going Fire?

And yeah, you guys can see my progression, we suck.

Hey guys, I am a long time Frost mage that just went fire last night. I love the spec and the way it plays but I feel like I need more haste or something...
    Could you take a look at my Armory (Horsepop - US - Doomhammer) and please let me know if anything is out of place or if I an not meeting a haste level? Also to OP, thank you for the awesome Fire Mage guide!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeth View Post
    Hey guys, I am a long time Frost mage that just went fire last night. I love the spec and the way it plays but I feel like I need more haste or something...
    Could you take a look at my Armory (Horsepop - US - Doomhammer) and please let me know if anything is out of place or if I an not meeting a haste level? Also to OP, thank you for the awesome Fire Mage guide!
    You're on the lower-ish side of where fire starts to work well enough to pull away from frost. That said here are the things I see:

-Your haste is fine. Slightly above the 5036 is just fine.

-You have the misfortune of having about the worst possible weapon for fire. The Raid Finder version of Wushoolay's isn't all that great either.

-Your crit is on the low-ish side, but not too bad. Ideally you want to be above 30% unbuffed (above 40% self-buffed before other raid buffs and consumables).

-Assuming you can reforge yourself under the hit cap, putting green hit/crit gems in the blue slots should be a dps gain over straight crit gems

-The armory currently has you missing 3 tinkers, the most important of course being the ones on your gloves, but you should have the cloak, belt, and gloves tinkered up.

-Back to haste, in 5.2/5.3, we reforged such that it was crit>haste = 5036 > mastery > haste. Now it should be crit>haste>mastery (although this is still up for debate). Front page is from like 5.1 so it's a bit out of date.

Honestly it seems more like you've just had bad luck with gear drops. Heroic Cha-Ye's would be a massive upgrade over 502 wushoolay's for example. I'd just say keep plugging away trying for gear upgrades. Good luck.

Got 561 Immerseus Bindings now, for my 2nd slot should I go with 530 Cha-Ye's or 536 Woosh?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Cha-Ye's Hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Velk View Post
    Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.
    If you just cast applied your Mage Bomb however and are have a Pyroblast proc but no Heating Up then yes, you should be using an Inferno Blast here and then Fireball > Pyroblast

Deleted
    Can anyone actually provide maths as to why waiting for HS+HU is a dps increase over just using pyroblast with HS? Not counting waiting for trinket procs or when building a combustion, just during non cooldown phases.

if either the fireball or the pyroblast crits it grants another hot streak because of a slight grace period on heating up

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    it doesn't really double your chance for another Pyroblast! but it does increase the chance significantly. In my gear for example, i have a 51.14% chance to crit on my character sheet with buffs/flask/food, and a 62.58% critical mass [(51.14-3)*1.3=62.58]

using a basic probability distribution, you can see the chance of getting another Pyroblast! proc is 86% from just one of either the fireball or pyroblast being a critical hit. and that doesn't even factor in the 6.5% increased chance of pyroblast critting from the 4pc, or any procs from trinkets, enchants, potions, or tinkers.

the bottom line is that when you have both a Heating Up proc and a Pyroblast! proc, you need to be using a fireball right before you use Pyroblast! proc. this results in nearly always having a pyroblast proc available. in my gear, only 1 out of ~8 times will it not reward another pyroblast! proc.
    Last edited by Drooul; 2013-09-23 at 12:13 AM.

Hi everyone! I'm having trouble with my dps in my guild. Everyone seems to be geared better than me and they can pull nice amount of dps. I'm losing my spot due to my lack of dps. And i'm not happy with my dps either. 5.4 nerf made me upset really bad. You can check armory Moodymage EU-Kazzak.

I have read this guide and others on the internet, i watched a lot of videos and read rotations. I'm trying to learn everything i can at any time. Currently on SoO normal progress i'm the lowest dps in my guild. On dps meters i end up 150k ish. I dont know if this is just a gear issue or i'm wrong in rotations. I would appreciate if you could give me some advices. Like "You should get more gear it will be allright" etc. I really like playing mage as fire, i want to keep it that way. And seeing frost getting buffed again and again makes me think of changing to frost.

Another thing to ask, i'm close to legendary cloak, i'm at 6/12 titan runestones. Do you think that legendary cloak will affect my dps a lot? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodymage View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm having trouble with my dps in my guild. Everyone seems to be geared better than me and they can pull nice amount of dps. I'm losing my spot due to my lack of dps. And i'm not happy with my dps either. 5.4 nerf made me upset really bad. You can check armory Moodymage EU-Kazzak.

I have read this guide and others on the internet, i watched a lot of videos and read rotations. I'm trying to learn everything i can at any time. Currently on SoO normal progress i'm the lowest dps in my guild. On dps meters i end up 150k ish. I dont know if this is just a gear issue or i'm wrong in rotations. I would appreciate if you could give me some advices. Like "You should get more gear it will be allright" etc. I really like playing mage as fire, i want to keep it that way. And seeing frost getting buffed again and again makes me think of changing to frost.

Another thing to ask, i'm close to legendary cloak, i'm at 6/12 titan runestones. Do you think that legendary cloak will affect my dps a lot? Thanks.
    Use the "Help my DPS" thread, not the fire discussion thread.........

I asked here if my problem is because of fire mage nerf or something else. Sorry about that, i'll post this to help my dps thread too. Just wanted to take opinion of other fire mages

Hey guys I just had kardris toxic totem drop for me in flex and am wondering if its better than a normal Breath of Hydra 2/2 upgraded. I will upgrade the totem trink if its better ofc. my other trinket is Wushoolays HC TF and my itemlvl is 551 with 4 pc tier 15.

does this work for cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by exitiumgm View Post
    does this work for cataclysm?
    The original post hasn't been upgraded in months, but 99% of the stuff there is still valid. Only real change from when it was last updated was a combustion nerf and a few scaling nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your gear is lacking. Do you have your 4p from the previous tier? Set bonuses tend to outweigh upgrading to a random stat 535 item. I'd also ask why the hell you aren't using your epic meta considering you're on the runestone phase of the legendary. Overall it looks like you aren't doing everything you can to maximize your dps.
    Firstly thank you for your answer, i had 4 set bonus from last tier with my chest and hand, but they were both LFR items so i sacrificed 4 set bonus for more stats, i was at %34 crit with them and now i have almost %40, it changed my dps a lot. And about the legendary meta gem, i'm waiting for better item to use the meta gem on that because it's not worth to use that gem for a 502 ilvl item... Well i guess i should wait for some pieces from this tier.

Deleted
    Can someone tells me the opening rotation of fire Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Skilloras View Post
    Can someone tells me the opening rotation of fire Mage?
    Prepull 3 main things: Invocation up, pre-pot, mirror images and a hardcasted pyro.

After the pull: Get your procs rolling, get a pyro proc and heating up active, cast a fireball then immediately follow it up with your alter time pyro spam sequence for your opener combustion.

Deleted
    Thank you that really helps me!

Haven't played fire in a while. If I have 545-550+ ilvl how should I value secondary stats? Crit > Haste > Mastery, or Crit > Mastery > Haste?

Edit - realized haste is probably more valuable since the combustion nerf. Another question though - Is there a point where Crit becomes less valuable than either of the others?
    Last edited by Escapist; 2013-10-03 at 05:18 PM.