Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

4 healing the stone guard heroic?

i just watched a video of a guild killing this boss with4 healers and from what i see its not a hard thing 2 do. my guild had about 25 wipes on this boss with the Jasper, Jade and amythest guards. its a tough combo but could asking our Shadow priest to go disc for it make it easier?

whats the best thing for this combo its the only thing i think we might be missing for this weeks combo seems its easier with others.

Wouldn't really help with 4 healers. If you're dying on that encounter, you're probably taking too big spikes for the healers to keep up, aka one-shots.

We did it with 4 healers, 2 tanks and 4 damage and beat the enrage timer by a good chunk. You just need to get 100 stacks each reset. For heals we used a pally, shaman, monk, priest (who had never played healer before). I'm not sure if the healer comp really would have mattered though, it was pretty straight forward with that set up.

We 2 healed it. It's pretty easy so 3 healing it is more than enough. Have ALL your dps do 2 rounds of crystal when the fight starts and at 75 and at 40. Makes the fight a joke 4 shotted it.

Deleted
    Take into consideration if it's mechanics instantly killing your members going down to 2 healers may be more beneficial. The less time in a fight the less chance people will die from stupid mistakes.

Deleted
    We 4 healed it again this week, and again could of 5 healed it. There really is no reason to cut healers on this fight, the enrage is very forgiving. Our healers had pretty high HPS too this week with the continuous damage from jade.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cw...?s=1208&e=1550

Like my raid yours is probably taking too much damage from jasper chains, too much from amethyst, but why bother wiping to mistakes when you can just heal through it?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nfdkj...?s=5872&e=6293

We 4 man healed it our first kill with cobalt mines up.

With the current setup of jade instead of cobalt, we 2 shot the boss with 3 healers.

It honestly just depends more on how dumb the rest of the raid is, in regards to avoiding shit.

We 4 healed, 2 tank, 3 dps (9 man) the fight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euguMDkmFFE
    Our combo was cobalt, jasper and jade.

This week, we had cobalt, ameythst and jade. Without jasper with any of those floor combos, the fight is much more of a joke.

3 healing is fine, could probably even 2 heal it.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

We also have problems with this fight. Sometimes it just happens that they shut down the tiles and we cant break chains,cos stupid Jasper never does petrif... :-/ How many stacks do you recommend? How do you solve this? tanks can do it I guess, but that would be a bit dodgy...

10+ Year Old Account
    We 4healed it on the first reset (jasper, cobalt, amethyst) just to be sure, even though we were aware of it being unnecessary to some extent. Dropped down to the usual 3 from the following reset onwards.

tl;dr: It's doable, as long as your DPS can perform.

EXTRA TIP CONCERNING JASPER: There isn't necessarily any need to break chains during the fight. Have your players move in pairs with one of the two leading the movement and you can forget about dealing with new chains. This is what we always do, and it makes jasper quite easy once your players get the hang of it.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-10-26 at 07:23 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

It is really cockblock fight, after 77 wipes, we never got under 50%... I guess we can try it without breaking the chains... How do you guys do the taunting btw? We tried to do it that when one of them overloads, the 2 other are on 50% energy, would work fine, but the problem is they can gain up to 30 energy BETWEEN choosing new petrification, which really fucks up everything usually, cos after few rounds, you get 2 beasts with 90+ energy....

Deleted
    You can 4heal it easy if you just get the stacks back to 70+ everytime they reset (fast that is). So if you think it will help, go for it.
    We 4healed it last week (people not moving from pools) and 3 healed on this reset. With 4healers we still had a good 30-40secs left on the enrage so you don't have to worry about that.
    I wouldnt recomend going disc, cause the damage is so random on the raid when everything is pretty much dodgeable that their bubbles are only good for the tanks.
    Oh and don't break the chains, just have your dps/healers run together.

Deleted
    We also ran 4 healers yesterday, but the chains prevented us from painting fast enough to beat the enrage. Jasper, Jade and Cobalt is really pain in the ass. We will try 3 healers on sunday, but use an additional tank specced monk, to make sure 2 people will never be chained! This will help us to paint easily a high amount of tiles. I think this will make the fight much more relaxxed for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    It is really cockblock fight, after 77 wipes, we never got under 50%... I guess we can try it without breaking the chains... How do you guys do the taunting btw? We tried to do it that when one of them overloads, the 2 other are on 50% energy, would work fine, but the problem is they can gain up to 30 energy BETWEEN choosing new petrification, which really fucks up everything usually, cos after few rounds, you get 2 beasts with 90+ energy....
    I'm the tank tanking two of the dogs in my guild. We do it without breaking chains and let the tanks do the discodancing (Tile activating).

For overloads we start the fight by moving all 3 dogs to one spot, making their energy equal, when the petrification starts I take the petrifying one plus an extra while the other tank takes the last one. When the non-petrifying dog starts getting close to 50% energy we do a swap, taunting at the same time (I am always the one tanking 2 dogs, he's the one doing most of the disco). We then make sure to always communicate, mostly me, about what dogs will be tauntswapped after every overload if its his dog starting to petrify, so the taunts are almost instant and energy kept low.

Oh, and we 3 heal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    I'm the tank tanking two of the dogs in my guild. We do it without breaking chains and let the tanks do the discodancing (Tile activating).

For overloads we start the fight by moving all 3 dogs to one spot, making their energy equal, when the petrification starts I take the petrifying one plus an extra while the other tank takes the last one. When the non-petrifying dog starts getting close to 50% energy we do a swap, taunting at the same time (I am always the one tanking 2 dogs, he's the one doing most of the disco). We then make sure to always communicate, mostly me, about what dogs will be tauntswapped after every overload if its his dog starting to petrify, so the taunts are almost instant and energy kept low.

Oh, and we 3 heal it.
    Is there any particular reason why are you tanking 2 all the time? Cos if I understand that correctly, when the single quilen starts to petrificate, both of the tanks need to taunt ? Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Is there any particular reason why are you tanking 2 all the time? Cos if I understand that correctly, when the single quilen starts to petrificate, both of the tanks need to taunt ? Am I right?
    Mostly because I take a whole lot less damage than our monk tank, me being a paladin, and I can do some crazy healing with high Vengeance numbers, whilst his high mobility makes it easy for him to activate tons of tiles.

Fetching a log to show you what I mean about them heals.

Edit: Log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bk...?s=3202&e=3600
    Was using new people, fight dragged out a tad. And I'm Loxxïe.

Mostly because I take a whole lot less damage than our monk tank, me being a paladin, and I can do some crazy healing with high Vengeance numbers, whilst his high mobility makes it easy for him to activate tons of tiles.

Yeah I found myself with 40k hps as paladin tank there yesterday :-D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malonnus View Post
    i just watched a video of a guild killing this boss with4 healers and from what i see its not a hard thing 2 do. my guild had about 25 wipes on this boss with the Jasper, Jade and amythest guards. its a tough combo but could asking our Shadow priest to go disc for it make it easier?

whats the best thing for this combo its the only thing i think we might be missing for this weeks combo seems its easier with others.
    Jade does so much AoE damage that it's worth going with 4 healers as long as the rest of the mechanics are being handled properly. Had Jade, Jasper and Cobalt this week and we kept wiping to too much damage and then one-shotted it as soon as we got a 4th healer.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We 2 healed it. It's pretty easy so 3 healing it is more than enough. Have ALL your dps do 2 rounds of crystal when the fight starts and at 75 and at 40. Makes the fight a joke 4 shotted it.
    Can you post kill log pls? I'm curious to see how you 2 healed that fight (comps etc).

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 01:38 PM ----------

I see the shammy's top heal was healing rain... Where you guys stacked up and just eating mines or something?