Citadel of Sorcery: Is the gaming industry changing?

A couple years ago I came across a game called Citadel of Sorcery. Most of the features were just a concept in the indie developers' mind, and I watched it grow and slowly take shape.

The developers were a passionate bunch. They kept us informed all the way, releasing a lot of information and keeping us informed about what they were working on at the time. Who they hired, what they did, the tools they created, the bugs they encountered.. it felt as if we were a part of the development process.

So what's so special about this game? In my personal opinion, everything! You have NPC's that actually have AI lives, friends, interests, personalities.. You have time that moves forward and each day is different from the next, towns fall, others are rebuilt, history progresses and the grand story unfolds. You have truly engaging quests where you actually feel like you're living through them.. the way a quest goes is different from anything I've seen before in MMO world.

You need to actually (god forbid) think when doing a quest. Your enemy could pretend to be a man in need, but could actually be preparing an ambush, instead of killing him you could capture him, interrogate him, track him.. you could sneak into a town, or wear a disguise, or create a distraction for the rest of your team to do something else by spreading a rumor for example. I'm barely scratching the surface here.

Best of all, the quests are actually tailored to each player taking into account their past, their enemies and friends, their choices.. etc. and if you fail, there is no do over. The story progresses into a different path (think of dynamic events in GW2, but on a much MUCH grander scale when it comes to story). You have tough moral choices to make and unique things to do. Basically, think of the depth of good old single player RPG's and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I could write a much bigger wall of text trying to fit everything into a post but I won't, but I will tell you, it's a game worth checking into. They are currently runing their kickstarter campaign, make sure to check that out as well for more concentrated info and videos.

Since I can't post links yet, type "citadel of sorcery" in google and you can easily get to the official website and kickstarter.

Note: Never mind the outdated graphics, they are just placeholders which are there to enable the team to test their systems. They will be working on graphics later.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious advertising is obvious.

(select and right click your first paragraph and put that into google)
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-10-18 at 02:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to write an actual "article" on some game then do it, but don't copy-pasta your stuff here. Also, don't advertise without consent from moderators or Sunshine.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right