Thread: The Dead Linger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This game doesn't get enough attention. I guess people are not interested in it because the graphics are not complete yet. lol I think it's better then WarZ and DayZ and it's not even close to a finished product.

Sounds interesting, deffo gonna follow this thread .
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

New update coming out this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pre-ordered after checking out the videos and the forums. Seems like this game might turn out to be the zombie game I've been waiting for
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Just pre-ordered after checking out the videos and the forums. Seems like this game might turn out to be the zombie game I've been waiting for
    Sandswept is actually focusing their attention on the survival aspect of this genre rather then making another CoD shooter game with zombies added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Sandswept is actually focusing their attention on the survival aspect of this genre rather then making another CoD shooter game with zombies added.
    yeah, they also seem very "in touch" with their fanbase, can't wait to see how this game develops.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies are starting to look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Zombies are starting to look pretty good.
    Yeah, everything is coming along pretty decently. Looking forward to barricading myself in a house. I liked a lot of the things they mentioned that are coming out in future updates. I'll probably start playing it around the time of the beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks interesting, but I'm not really convinced yet.

What exactly does the game do that distinguishes it from the other zombie survival games? Is it just the physics engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post

What exactly does the game do that distinguishes it from the other zombie survival games? Is it just the physics engine?
    Here's my perspective: even if it were exactly like Day Z gameplay wise, the idea of randomly generated worlds is enough to sway me in favor of the Dead Linger, provided they can pull it off. Everything else they've proposed is just icing right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post

Well technically the only real zombie survival game its going against is DayZ since they are the only two that are being built from the ground up, even more so with Dead Lingor. But they will diffintely have their own flavor as stated Dead Lingor will have randomly generated maps where DayZ will have static maps with sandbox features.

Update this 19th. Graphics are still bleh, but they're build the game from the ground up.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2013-02-18 at 04:05 PM.

New update

Surprised no one is really talking about this game.. Here is a screenshot they posted of their free-form barricading. Yeah, the graphics are still pretty bad, but alpha is alpha.

http://i.imgur.com/YM5im9r.jpg
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-05-15 at 06:21 AM.

New update is out. Free form building is here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think ill give state of decay a go until this has more polish, that building video convinced me this has some good ideas, unfortunately the War Z destroyed all hope I have in gaming.

I used to be a pretty huge zombie fan, especially where survival horror movies and games were concerned. It feels very stagnant ad overdone at this point, though. I want to see some true innovation in the genre before I commit to a new zombie game. There's been too many disappointments and I'd love something along the lines of Resident Evil: Outbreak that put you in the shoes of regular, everyday citizens struggling to survive in a zombie infested city.

I would suggest you wait until the game is finished. Unless you're like me that really wants to help the developers with the game. I've reported many bugs so far. This game has pretty good potential. They're also trying to get on Early Access steam.

It's finally starting to look like something. It's good to see the progress they've made so far.