Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Instant lvl 90 button

So basicly, what do you guys think about that?

Personally i freaking hate lvling and would even pay money to get this button!

Not saying that this button should grant you any gear, proffesions etc etc, just a free lvl 90 character.

Any thoughts? Positive and negative feedback pls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Same thing that I always say when this exact topic comes up. No, the majority of people are bad enough at the class they have leveled let alone if they were to get the ability to bypass learning the class basics. That and let's be honest if there was a magic insta 90 button there would be a million of whatever the current Flavor of the month would be.

negatory...terrible idea

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Same thing that I always say when this exact topic comes up. No, the majority of people are bad enough at the class they have leveled let alone if they were to get the ability to bypass learning the class basics. That and let's be honest if there was a magic insta 90 button there would be a million of whatever the current Flavor of the month would be.
    This is true. But a lot of people don't learn anything while leveling up. Just because someone went from 10 to 90 as retribution doesn't mean that he's ready to play as protection.

It's called botting and blizz dont give a damn

I don't like this idea. The very definition of an MMO, to me, is to spend time and effort, going through an epic storyline to get to the end. If people could just pay money to be level 90, it would sort of defeat the purpose of the entire leveling system.

I understand that it's a pain to level a new character all the way from nothing, but that's why it is YOUR choice to play alts. If you have a high-level character, you can buy heirlooms to make it easier. Believe me, I despise the grind in Outland and Northrend, and I know I will hate going through Pandaria again on alts, but that's how it is. There has to be some sort of effort to get to the end result. Would I spend the money for an instant level 90? Possibly. But then it totally invalidates everything I've done before to get to level 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfmenow View Post

Not saying that this button should grant you any gear, proffesions etc etc, just a free lvl 90 character.

As Doctor Cox would say, no

This would be useless. With the heirlooms and guild bonus, you can have at least +40 / +45% xp bonus. That's more than enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are procs and cons for the arguement

i found that in the past i've tried making a max level premade on ptrs/betas/tournament realms of a class i've never played before to try them out, and don't have a clue what i'm doing, what spells/abilities to use when etc etc - something you definitely do get a nice learning curve picking them up as you go along while leveling . . .

having said that - i get very bored of leveling and if there was an optional button to go straight to max level, i'd be very tempted to take it!

meet in the middle - button takes you to 85, and you have a DK style quest area where you gradually get given your spells - as quest rewards etc as well as leveling up etc, said quests are designed to teach you the class better, kill x# mobs with this spell, good now kill more using these 2 spells, now go kill more using your proper rotation etc. or keep mobs off this friendly npc for 1 min using only taunt, keep mobs off this friendly npc for 2 mins using only taunt and sunder, keep mobs off this friendly npc for 5 mins using full tank tools. ooorrrr keep this npc alive for 1 min with heal, keep him alive longer with heal and flash heal, keep him alive longer with all healing tools

etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Although its not always true I do tend to agree. I sent a friend of mine a SOR and he made a 80 warrior which was his highest toon at the time and it took me forever to teach him how to play his class and there just isn't enough time in dungeons to teach everyone how to play. I like to think of my self as a very fast learner and have been playing wow since beta but still feel more comfortable learning a class from the ground up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a good idea. The early experience with starting DK's nearer the end provides enough evidence of that. Leveling may not teach you enough about playing your class but it teaches you something. Plus we already have enough bots at end game. We don't need to exponentially make that worse.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, leveling is part of the process to me - I don't think players should just be able to complete it instantly, because it will take away a lot from the dedication you see in the playerbase.

The fact is, leveling prepares you to a certain extent to max level gameplay, and everyone gets something out of their fellow player having a little bit of experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure.

People who aren't motivated will be poor players whether you force them to slog through 90 levels of 100% mindless, impossible-to-fail content or not. It's an illusory idea that this actually makes anyone a better player. Or, put another way, the delta between someone playing a premade for a couple weeks vs. leveling one through questing, if they're not a motivated player, is pretty small.

I also loathe leveling — it's just such a tedious PITA slog. Like, once you get into The Burn™, it's kind of fun in a goal-oriented way. But if I could skip it completely? In a heartbeat. I love the gameplay of MMOs, but I hate the tedious character building, gear grinding, stat-knobbing. I know that's part of the absolute foundation of RPGs, but... ... well, I don't know what to say, I hate it.

Give me a game with WoW / GW2 / etc. style play where you just jump in, do activities, and don't have to obsess about stats or grinding gear or anything. Just play it. And I'd be pretty happy! (Although I suspect the relative lifespan would then decrease sharply)

I see alot of arguments saying "no then people will be bad"

Arent people bad allready? Its like 5000 posts here saying how bad some people are at their class, i HIGHLY doubt adding a instant 90 button would change this THAT much.

Ive lvl'ed 7 classes to 85, i wouldnt consider myself highly skilled on any of them, except my main and the alt i play most.

I mean, come on, lvling from 1-85 is just mashing your keyboard and win... how is that entertaining?

OP, are you serious? I think you need to make a break from WoW.

What a horrible thread >.<

Deleted
    Technically, there already is an instant max level button. It's called PTR and has saved me many hours. I wanted to level a warrior, but like you didn't have the patience to level a new char, so I went on the PTR, got a level 85 one instantly with full firelands gear (this was around patch 4.2) and decided after a few hours of playing it, I didn't like it. Works with any character. It is also how I found out I like feral druid so much, originally being a prot pala, i made a feral cat on PTR in 4.2...played it for 2 hours and instantly fell in love with it, been playing it ever since.

So long story cut short, there is already one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only if you have a lvl 90 of said class you want at 90 already.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Not a good idea.

I use the leveling process to make sure my abilities are in a logical and optimal setup for myself. Also I use it to learn my class.

I've made pre-made max level characters on PTRs before and I'm ALWAYS overwhelmed by all of the abilities and just get really confused trying to figure it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfmenow View Post

Would It be nice? YES!

Would it be good? NO!

Would it make the game fun? IT WOULD DESTROY IT!

Would It improve the economy? IT WOULD DESTROY IT!

Would it create unskilled idiots? YES!

Would it make every 8 year old in the game have every level 90 in the game? YES!

Is that a good thing? NO! (It eliminates the full point of having 1-90 content and the RPG aspect of the game)

Would it make things easier? YES!

Would it piss off older players (Like me) who work for our 90's? YES! (btw, 1 - 90 only takes a week tops grinding, did 1-85 in four days just there)

There's all of your arguements satisfied, or well they should be, it's a silly idea, might be fun I guess.. we have heirlooms for that, heirlooms fuck up the game enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    This is true. But a lot of people don't learn anything while leveling up. Just because someone went from 10 to 90 as retribution doesn't mean that he's ready to play as protection.
    Could brain surgery be of help to them? Not sure how to fix stupid.

Deleted
    Going to give you a quick example, If I'm playing Minecraft and I build a city in creative mode, I don't give a crap, it might be nice to look at, but at the end of the day, I didn't work for anything.

Whereas in survival, I had to work for those supplies, those materials, it was a long, hard process to build that city... and sure, it takes me more time! ...but it makes the game feel more "Worth it".