Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why so many ninjas nowdays

in wrath or even in cata people didn't ninja that high ammount as they do now, so what happened what caused this high ammount of ninja behavior ?

My last 3 runs my healing mace was taken by tanks, another 2 times by dps.

I have doing dungeons pugs since i started playing wow, never this was so bad. So what is creating this problem ?

Is it because of lfr or something else, because i remember in cata people were not ninja as much as now, and even if they do it, they were kinda atack by whole group, now one really cares about it.

I am wondering what caused this.

Pretty sure Tanks unless they were Paladins, cause warriors/dk's have no need for Int.

'cause the expansion just came out and tanks sometimes have a dps or healing spec they also enjoy. if I tank I don't really want to queue as a dps if I can tank, just to roll on dps that, like you said, will just get ninja'd by another tank, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    in wrath or even in cata people didn't ninja that high ammount as they do now, so what happened what caused this high ammount of ninja behavior ?

I have doing dungeons pugs since i started playing wow, never this was so bad. So what is creating this problem ?

Is it because of lfr or something else, because i remember in cata people were not ninja as much as now, and even if they do it, they were kinda atack by whole group, now one really cares about it.

Because the new loot system doesn't show if someone in the group needed on an item before you did, so "ninjas" don't know if you actually needed that item or not, and greeding on it only to see no one else wanted it and the mage got it, is not really a good idea.

Deleted
    Should fall back to "reasonable" amounts eventually when the initial "OMG I need gear" phase passes...

Not saying that I like people rolling for offspec stuff without asking, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Because the new loot system doesn't show if someone in the group needed on an item before you did, so "ninjas" don't know if you actually needed that item or not, and greeding on it only to see no one else wanted it and the mage got it, is not really a good idea.
    Type /loot in your console and you'll see how needs, greeds and DEs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    If you need it, you press need.
    If you don't need it, you press greed/disenchant.

Is that system really that hard to understand?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Pretty sure Tanks unless they were Paladins, cause warriors/dk's have no need for Int.
    My friend 5 times got his dps plate chest ninjad by tanks, 4 by hunters, 3 times by healers so he dicided he won't be doing lfd no more.

I think a big part of the problem is that justice points are worthless.

Because gearing through dungeon drops is pretty much the only viable way to gear up, you aren't going to be able to gear up your offspec with justice points. And with that option gone the only options left are to run as offspec to get your offspec gear(thus doubling the amount of runs you need to do) or to just need on everything. People who don't want to do twice as many runs just need on everything. Pretty poor design on Blizzards part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    right 3 times that was pala tanks that ninja it, but no offence since i am the healer i should get priority for it, or dps that is spirit based like shadow priest.

I stoped doing lfd because of that stupid ninja in dungeons.

Deleted

Dps ninjaing ICC heroics like mad.
    Stonecore people needing on trinket and on weapons
    Dps needing on tanking gear
    Tanks needing on dps gear

Did we play 2 completely different games? People are not gonna run the same dungeon 25 times just to gear for 2 specs and i can't blame them.
    They want to gear up asap and some need 2 specs for raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not really ninjaing.

I personally always ask if I can need on an offspec item, but nothing in the game is forcing me to do this.

You can turn loot display to always be on. Also, a little communication never hurt anyone.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Dps ninjaing ICC heroics like mad.
    Stonecore people needing on trinket and on weapons
    Dps needing on tanking gear
    Tanks needing on dps gear

Did we play 2 completely different games? People are not gonna run the same dungeon 25 times just to gear for 2 specs and i can't blame them.
    They want to gear up asap and some need 2 specs for raiding
    This is the freaking off spec, so it doesn't give you the right to need for it. I really do not care if they need to have 2 specs or what, that is simply rude and unacceptable in my opinion.

1. i didn't do pug raids in wrath, all was with my guild.
    2.If you are talking about mastery trinket, i wouldn't call it ninja since that was mastery trinket, it had different benefit for different classes.
    3 and 4. Sometimes that happend but not to the extent this is happening now.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    That's not really ninjaing.

I personally always ask if I can need on an offspec item, but nothing in the game is forcing me to do this.
    It is if you are tank, dps who isn't spirit based and still need on a weapon with spirit while healer, shadow priest need it because it is improvement for them.

Main spec comes from off spec always.

And not just ninja'ing in dungeons but the amount of ninja-tagged mobs and quest items have scaled through the roof. (Talking dailies here mostly)

I expect some courtesy when I am out doing dailies. If I clear a path of mobs to where a pick-up item is, I expect that no one will swoop down on their idiot druid flying form and loot it before my eyes! Its about politeness really. Just a game? Yeah, sure, cause this don't reflect back to you as a person AT ALL. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Why just today, I had a tank steal the DPS trinket from Stormstout brewery. Was not amused.

I can say that ninja'ing didn't happen as much in wrath because, until 3.3, you had to manually assemble groups for everything. Someone ninjas something? Out of the group they go, and they'd likely get called out on it in the public chat channels.

In fact, I can still say ninjaing isn't looked too highly upon still. In my experience, people will usually be willing to kick a ninja if someone calls them out on it. Unfortunately, all of the drops I need seem to come from the last boss of each heroic, so... not much I can do to kick the person at that point.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-10-15 at 08:40 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This is the freaking off spec, so it doesn't give you the right to need for it. I really do not care if they need to have 2 specs or what, that is simply rude and unacceptable in my opinion.

2.If you are talking about mastery trinket, i wouldn't call it ninja since that was mastery trinket, it had different benefit for different classes.

It is if you are tank, dps who isn't spirit based and still need on a weapon with spirit while healer, shadow priest need it because it is improvement for them.

This. If I want something for my offspec, I at least have the courtesy to ask first. "Anyone need that healing trinket? No? Swell, then I'll take it!"

Is it really that hard to be a good person, or does greed permeate your being that much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted

It's irrelevant what you think is appropriate or morally fit. If there's a need button and it's a piece of gear you can use for either spec, then you need.
    This is not ninjaing and just because you find it unfair doesn't make it unacceptable.

Can't handle it? Go in a guild group

EDIT: Let me clarify. I don't do this myself, but i completely understand the people who do.
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2012-10-15 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    If you need it, you press need.
    If you don't need it, you press greed/disenchant.

Is that system really that hard to understand?
    Isn't that the essence of a ninja ?!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never had problem with ninjas. Playing a tank and all, getting DPS on the sametime. Being a guardian druid and feral druid helps thou...
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's irrelevant what you think is appropriate or morally fit. If there's a need button and it's a piece of gear you can use for either spec, then you need.
    This is not ninjaing and just because you find it unfair doesn't make it unacceptable.

Can't handle it? Go in a guild group

EDIT: Let me clarify. I don't do this myself, but i completely understand the people who do.
    It's asinine. If someone wants a piece of gear, from a certain spec, they should go in that spec, or concede the roll to the person who is actually putting in relevant effort. Simple as that.

Simply because the option is there doesn't mean you should do it. You can buy gold for WoW, you can download hacks for WoW... if you were guaranteed you wouldn't be caught doing either of those things, would you do it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.