Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This Pyroblast cooldown is seriously depressing. Fire already lost some of it's awesomeness, now that you have more control over the Pyroblast! procs and it's no longer a surprise when you get it. It does fix the crap RNG part where you can go 50 Fireballs without ever getting two crits in a row. So, overall, the MoP Fire Mage > Cataclysm Fire Mage. Actually just found out an amazing combo for Fire using Alter Time and Presence of Mind. Awesome for PVE and I guess overpowered for PVP. But Jesus, a cooldown on Pyroblast? This is not the way to nerf Fire Mages. I'm not happy about damage reductions, but if a nerf is really required, for f's sake, lower the damage increase on Pyroblast! to 15% or something.

I haven't been having a lot of fun on my Mage, ever since Cataclysm was released. Just today I started to love it again, using that new awesome combo with Alter Time and Presence of Mind, only to be heavely dissapointed again after reading the 5.1 patch notes. The combo is dead. As rare as two Pyroblast! procs in a row are, now we won't even be able to use them quickly anymore either. This will break Fire Mage. If this goes live, I will bench my Mage.

Of course, it's not set it stone, but the fact that Blizzard is considering a f'ed up nerf like this, shows Fire Mages are in trouble.

lol wheres hunter and war nerfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome f*cking rogue changes!
    Love the Blind one specially, well, the Burst of Speed one, well.. wtf! Awesome!!1111

Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.
    While your at it, change the name to Pussy Wrath too....that would suit it a lot more...

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    As much as it feels like a buff the casting on cobra and steady while moving, i can already foresee the need of escape for canceling the shot mid cast quite often. Its gonna get very annoying.
    It's no problem I think. Just use a /stopcasting-macro for the handful abilities which are extremely important (feign death, deterrance, silencing shot).

Put the servers up on PTR pls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    While your at it, change the name to Pussy Wrath too....that would suit it a lot more...
    QQ, your pet cant carry you anymore.. gee what a sad day for hunters, guess they have to rely on skills now huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cd on pyroblast is not a nerf, but a serious gamebreaking change. Also the spellsteal nerf seems too extreme, because it also makes the glyph completely useless.

The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 1 minute (was 3 minutes)

one more cc to ruin this game in arenas buff rogues dmg or some other aspect but dont give tham more cc thay dont need it. i dont say thay dont need buffs i say thay dont need this op 1 min cd cuz we all know thay will get balanch in the end and 1 min cc 8 sacs is no balanch.and dont get u hopes up for mages get nerf thay never do and if thay do thay get new patch wish will make tham 10 times stronger history repeat itself..

Deleted
    Lol at mage tears, don't nerf me bro!!

These are the most deserved nerfs in the history of the game, quit your bitching.

Also Rogues need more buffs this barely scratches the surface of what is wrong with the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage nerfs are overkill and makes both specs even more clunky than they already are....
    I expect many will bench their MOP Mages

Monk nerf?!?!?!?!?!?! really? We are already getting beaten by every class and you NERF monks? Wtf is wrong with you blizz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentariel View Post
    Monk nerf?!?!?!?!?!?! really? We are already getting beaten by every class and you NERF monks? Wtf is wrong with you blizz?
    Basically, this is their way of telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    This will break Fire Mage. If this goes live, I will bench my Mage.
    At least your entire spec wasn't redesigned into a mindless game of whack-a-mole like Frost PvE. It was bad enough getting a pet in TBC, now we have a damn maintenance spell (bombs) too. Sure, the damage is great, but removing the damage component of DF and the fingers interaction with brain freeze really sapped the fun out of frost.

Deleted
    What in the world...........................mage nerfs? So this is really the year of the blue moon and two headed sheep after so long, weird I just think I saw Rumpelstilskin run by too.

Holy mother of mage nerfs? Wasn't mages bad enough as it allready was? Glad I leveled my DK aswell, no more mage. WTH were they thinking off?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds."

I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    What in the world...........................mage nerfs? So this is really the year of the blue moon and two headed sheep after so long, weird I just think I saw Rumpelstilskin run by too.
    Don't worry. Warlocks will continue to do 80k dps in raids without trying..... Silly mages, us thinking we had a chance :P Oh well. I'll continue to burn things. I'll just be sadly depressed as my rank in the dps chart continues to feel underpar

Deleted
    How about us mages that don't play pvp? Why should we suffer because Blizzard didn't think something through? Retarded decisions everywhere. RETARDED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sambu View Post
    O, and water jet for our pet... really... like anyone's going to stand in front of that. They're either standing in front of us or behind us, and our pet is to our side (not to mention, if we're doing our job as a mage, we're casting from afar/kiting, and not in range to hit them with a cone from our pet...)
    It's not a cone AoE ability, it's a channeled ability like Mindflay or Malefic Grasp. It will help Frost Mage PvE damage by granting them additional Fingers of Frost procs, and probably won't find too many uses in PvP with the shared CD on Freeze.