Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mage changes 5.1!

If you did not notice yet, on the main page of MMo- champ ( here ) there are some of the new class changes that will arrive with 5.1.
    My main concerns are these :
    -Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (was 35%).
    -The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
    -Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown.
    -Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now have a 45 second cooldown (was 30 seconds).

specially the part that involves Pyroblast having a cd of 3 seconds. How will it interact with Alter Time after this is implemented? Will us mages still be able to proc Pyro>Alter Time>Pyroblast>Pyroblast anymore?
    I also find it laughable that they put RoF and DF on a longer cd, and also reducing Ice barrier absorb. If they don't intend to tone down the warrior / hunter damage down a bit, this is going to be hell.

Deleted
    Feel this pyro change will be really messy to deal with if they go trough with it, the more gear we get the more procs will be wasted. Now chain proccing 3-4 pyros in a row is amazing for dps but only happens 1 in 100 attempts if even that. With that change of those you would get 2 out.

Don't see a single reason to put a CD on it.

They have made it now that you cannot have 2 pyroblast casts within a single ignite regardless of procs. Get ready to see fire go in the shitter.

RIP fire....

I love playing Fire but if that change goes through i might have to go Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the already weak Ice Barrier gets nerfed by 25%, but priest still get to keep they're retardedly high bubble. First we get Alter Time, which is f**king terrible for PvP, now we get nerfed hard the first god damn patch this xpac. Watch, everyone will be f**king Warlocks, and Warriors by the 3rd patch.
    Last edited by Synros; 2012-10-18 at 05:21 PM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Now I really hope that doesn't happen. The only reason I played my fire mage was because it was so similar to my ultimate love, elemental shaman, and his chain of Lava Bursts. I think GC was a baddie @ fire and decided to make it bad so everyone rerolls frost, which in my opinion, is the single most ugly spec in the entire game. Too static, too slow paced, and I hate that pet.

I get the feeling that the Pyroblast change is because of PVP and the insane burst you could pull off. Its gonna suck in PVE though with overwriting Hot Streaks by not being able to cast Pyroblast.

Also the Water Elemental change is interesting, but as it is I rarely cast Frostbolt and don't seem to much in need of more FoF. Not a bad thing, but just feels weird to me.

BRB going frost.

Really, can't they just nerf our damage? Like, numbers? Do they have to introduce a fucking annoying change like that? GOSH

This makes me sad to see nerf the dmg instead of introducing a CD like that
    85 - Fire Mage - Foxytrott
    85 - Protection Warrior - Foxtrott
    85 - Restoration Druid - Pretzels
    85 - Combat Rogue - Oonai
    85 - Protection Paladin - Amberhorn
    Listed in the most played order

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    BRB going frost.

Really, can't they just nerf our damage? Like, numbers? Do they have to introduce a fucking annoying change like that? GOSH
    Its because Mages are to overpower...even tho Warlocks can fearbomb the shit out of you, and Warriors can pretty much 3 shot people at 90 with resli. Mages are just to darn overpowered with they're 15k hits on players with 400k health...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5 View Post
    I get the feeling that the Pyroblast change is because of PVP and the insane burst
    It was not all that insane, I found warriors, hunters, shadow priests and even enh shamans doing more or less the same kind of bursts ( specially wars and bms )
    On a fully pvp geared player, which ought to pop some defensive cds, Pyro>Alter Time>Pyro>Pyro could not take more then half of his HP.

Why do I find these changes more like a hustle towards fire mages? This pretty much forces me to reroll frost to be able to be competitive.
    God, frost, I can't despise it more.
    Last edited by mmoc30581c569a; 2012-10-18 at 05:27 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, it's annoying they change a fun mechanic of trying to stack Pyros. I loved instant casting back to back (to sometimes back... and so on..) Pyros if you played it well.

This paired with the new level 90 talents is really hurting my desire to play mage... We'll see if it makes it live, but it's sounding like I should start working on my frost rotation.

I have a feeling.. this is cause pyroblast is very very very close of DPET of fireball atm, and its still ptr and they might add a thingy that hotstreak resets pyroblast cd..

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I love how the already weak Ice Barrier gets nerfed by 25%, but priest still get to keep they're retardedly high bubble. First we get Alter Time, which is f**king terrible for PvP, now we get nerfed hard the first god damn patch this xpac. Watch, everyone will be f**king Warlocks, and Warriors by the 3rd patch.
    Warriors I agree to that. Other than that it's pretty obvious that mages should have lower absorbs than priests and Alter time is pretty great for pvp.

First 90 talents, now this.
    Why am I playing mage again?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm sorry,but which numpty thought having a cooldwon on or main big hitting spell was a good idea, seriousy who, because they need to go see somebody and get their head examined, blizz broke arcane, now they are screwing fire, so all that remains is a lackustre frost spec for pve, sure it has nice aoe potential, but i fail to see the aoe power being utilised on fights with only 1 boss or 1 add etc, been a mage since the beginning and never seen suh a stupid change as this
    Last edited by rogoth; 2012-10-18 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    It was not all that insane, I found warriors, hunters, shadow priests and even enh shamans doing more or less the same kind of bursts ( specially wars and bms )
    On a fully pvp geared player, which ought to pop some defensive cds, Pyro>Alter Time>Pyro>Pyro could not take more then half of his HP.
    I think the problem comes in if you get the following situation:

Buffs you have Hot Streak, Heating Up, PoM.

Cast Alter Time -> HS Pyro -> Inferno Blast to proc another HS -> HS Pyro -> PoM Pyro -> Alter Time -> HS Pyro -> PoM Pyro -> Maybe another HS Pyro if you got lucky with crits.

(Mind you I am not sure if PoM Pyro or HS Pyro would fire off first in the code base, but the result should be the same either way in that you have 2 instant cast Pyroblasts following each other).

In that situation in PVP you could get 5, maybe 6, pyroblasts off in a chain. Couple that with the PVP Tier 4 piece bonus making Alter Time a 1.5 minute cooldown and PoM being a 1.5 minute cooldown and you get ridiculous burst every 1.5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    If you did not notice yet, on the main page of MMo- champ ( here ) there are some of the new class changes that will arrive with 5.1.
    My main concerns are these :
    -Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (was 35%).
    -The damage absorbed by Ice Barrier has been reduced by 25%.
    -Pyroblast now has a 3 second cooldown.
    -Ring of Frost and Deep Freeze now have a 45 second cooldown (was 30 seconds).

specially the part that involves Pyroblast having a cd of 3 seconds. How will it interact with Alter Time after this is implemented? Will us mages still be able to proc Pyro>Alter Time>Pyroblast>Pyroblast anymore?
    I also find it laughable that they put RoF and DF on a longer cd, and also reducing Ice barrier absorb. If they don't intend to tone down the warrior / hunter damage down a bit, this is going to be hell.
    Actually, I suspect ALL of those nerfs are due to PvP. Except for the Pyroblast CD, all the others are defensive spells, and like people already said, the Pyroblast CD may be to control insane bursts in PvP. You can also add to that list the nerf to Spellsteal (its mana cost will be tripled). Yep, think seems all pvp related. But the Pyroblast will be felt in pve.