Is my Mastery too low >_>? Or what.

Seeing some with 30%, mine is only 20%ish

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mahil/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by hakai View Post
    Seeing some with 30%, mine is only 20%ish

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mahil/advanced
    Mines 24.19%, aslong as you're reforging into Crit>Haste>Mastery you're doing it right. I don't know at what point we start to benefit from more Mastery, I'm guessing it's when we hit 4pc tier bonus.
    ~Trapsquare - Kilrogg EU - Level 90 Beast Mastery Hunter~

~10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.~

Quote Originally Posted by Robertoz View Post
    Mines 24.19%, aslong as you're reforging into Crit>Haste>Mastery you're doing it right.
    this is your oppinion. you shouldn't state it like that, it sounds af this is a true fact, which it is not.
    haste vs mastery has often been a topic for discussion.
    at current haste levels, I thought that general concensus was that mastery > haste at the moment.
    this is also my conclusion when looking at the stats and their benefits.
    haste mainly affects autoshot, pet auto, focus reg for pet and a part of our focus reg.
    the haste-affected-focus gain for us is quite small, as we have at least a (guessed) 50% focus reg from other sources (Dire Beast, Specc specific [impr Serp Sting, Invigoration impr Steady], and Steady/Cobra shot)
    mastery affects ~50% of our damage by 2% per point, thus being about a 1% overall dps per point.
    haste won't get such a high dmg increase, even considering the lower itembudget cost (remember: only increases autoattacks and focusreg)

long story short: mas > haste IMO. maximise gear to have Crit and ither hit/exp. then go for Crit + mas/haste. avoid wearing stuff with mas/haste if possible.

Deleted
    Go for crit. I try to avoid Mastery as much as I can.

Haste over Mastery? I go Mastery over Haste but I only PvP though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument of haste over mastery comes down to whether or not you can reach 4k+ haste. At that point, certain abilities like Dire Beast get an extra attack, making haste more beneficial. Anything too far over 4k is just not feasible right now. Even then, the whole extra attack from Dire Beast isn't guaranteed at those haste levels and shouldn't be relied upon.

Just go Crit > Mastery > Haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    The argument of haste over mastery comes down to whether or not you can reach 4k+ haste. At that point, certain abilities like Dire Beast get an extra attack, making haste more beneficial. Anything too far over 4k is just not feasible right now. Even then, the whole extra attack from Dire Beast isn't guaranteed at those haste levels and shouldn't be relied upon.

Just go Crit > Mastery > Haste.
    What he said, maybe next tier or at the end of MoP we can confidently reach those haste levels, but I have to give up close to 10 mastery to get to those haste levels.

Deleted
    To end the haste mastery crit discussion :

Crit : The more the better, your highest priority after agi, hit and exp cap.
    Haste : The higher the more dps the hunter will pull.
    Mastery : The higher the more dps the pet will pull.

If you have a fight where you constantly have to switch, haste pulls ahead because your pet will be running around most of time and the damage will mainly be coming from your own attacks, thus having a higher haste amount will allow you to regen focus faster (shorter cs cast) and spend more focus in return.

If you have a fight with dmg modifications and it's pure single target or with little amount of switching, mastery pulls ahead because your pet has near 85%+ uptime on that target.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    To end the haste mastery crit discussion :

Crit : The more the better, your highest priority after agi, hit and exp cap.
    Haste : The higher the more dps the hunter will pull.
    Mastery : The higher the more dps the pet will pull.

If you have a fight where you constantly have to switch, haste pulls ahead because your pet will be running around most of time and the damage will mainly be coming from your own attacks, thus having a higher haste amount will allow you to regen focus faster (shorter cs cast) and spend more focus in return.

If you have a fight with dmg modifications and it's pure single target or with little amount of switching, mastery pulls ahead because your pet has near 85%+ uptime on that target.
    Because everyone is BM
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Because everyone is BM
    The spec OP is linking is BM. It's relevant.

:/ realizing most have Elegon trinket too. I don't

Whilst we're on the topic of gear here, is it better to go with gear that has innate hit/exp, then have it reforged elsewhere or stuff like crit/mastery and reforged to get some hit/exp? My thought is to have hit/exp (crit if not both) ideally, then reforged elsewhere for luxury stats.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Whilst we're on the topic of gear here, is it better to go with gear that has innate hit/exp, then have it reforged elsewhere or stuff like crit/mastery and reforged to get some hit/exp? My thought is to have hit/exp (crit if not both) ideally, then reforged elsewhere for luxury stats.
    Crit on all pieces would be the best then with a mixture of hit/exp would be ideal on most pieces.

Thank you for that clear explanation. I have been trying to figure out a way to get across to the other hunter in raid that mastery is not a crap stat and he should give it more relevance as a BM Hunter. at Hikashuri
    Last edited by Foxy; 2012-11-27 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Spelling