Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sha of Anger drops

Earlier this day i was in a raid grp and we killed sha of anger. I was speced prot, but assigned as dps by a mistake (was still in prot spec). When we killed the boss i got tier 14 legs YAY, the only problem is i got it for arms?. Any help here?

you have to accept responsibility yourself, you had to be the one that misclicked the role check.

yeah sorry man closest you can do is ask a GM and that might not work

Deleted
    I might not made my self clear, i wanted to see if it was a bug or all is as it should be. Thank you for the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    thought it was just random.. dont think it care about your spec

10+ Year Old Account
    I got tanking teir gloves joining at the last second as a DPS (but in BrM spec), I thought it was spec based just like LFR. Pretty sure I read you could cheese out gearing a certain spec by being in it despite your role in the raid. Or does LFR look at your actual role in raid group and not your spec?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I got tanking teir gloves joining at the last second as a DPS (but in BrM spec), I thought it was spec based just like LFR. Pretty sure I read you could cheese out gearing a certain spec by being in it despite your role in the raid. Or does LFR look at your actual role in raid group and not your spec?
    LFR checks spec not role, I healed it as enha (role: healer) and got enha loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    LFR checks spec not role, I healed it as enha (role: healer) and got enha loot
    Your lucky it's nearly impossible for a tank to die in LFR or I would be rather cross with you =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    It's random which you get. The Co-GM of my guild is a Shadow Priest and he got Healing Legs from Sha, spent a Coin and got the exact same pair again. He has Shadow/Shadow spec and ofc was signed in role check as a DPS so yes, I'm sure it's random as he is not the only one I know to have this sort of thing happen to, friends and more guildys have had it happen also.

Your lucky it's nearly impossible for a tank to die in LFR or I would be rather cross with you =P
    Not if you run into the first boss of Spirit kings by yourself as a tank. That will still instagib you in one shot lol.

From the sounds of it, LFR is intended to be spec-based and world bosses might just be random. My only experience getting loot from a world boss was the tier legs for my ele shaman which also happened to be ele tier. Guess I'll consider myself lucky.

I was second in healing while topping the dmg so.. I think I did my part

World bosses' drops are pure random and have zero connection to role checks and specs.

LFR checks for spec in which you are on moment of boss' death. From what I saw, you could be role-checked/queued as "healer" but if you stay in dps spec you get dps loot.

Everyone in my guild who's gotten loot from Sha has gotten it for the spec they were except one of our priests, he got shadow legs after healing it.

Deleted
    Priests had bug with drops being to wrong specs, check patch notes some days ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    It's random which you get. The Co-GM of my guild is a Shadow Priest and he got Healing Legs from Sha, spent a Coin and got the exact same pair again. He has Shadow/Shadow spec and ofc was signed in role check as a DPS so yes, I'm sure it's random as he is not the only one I know to have this sort of thing happen to, friends and more guildys have had it happen also.

I got heal legs as well, both shadow/shadow. They fixed that a week or so ago though, it'll only drop spec appropiate gear.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    World bosses' drops are pure random and have zero connection to role checks and specs.

LFR checks for spec in which you are on moment of boss' death. From what I saw, you could be role-checked/queued as "healer" but if you stay in dps spec you get dps loot.
    Bingo, we have a winner. Sha works just like Baradin Hold with an autoroll component, and the bonus coin will never give you a piece of loot that didn't already drop and go to someone else. So if you get a piece of loot from Sha, don't use a coin or you'll probably get another pair of legs of the same spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Bingo, we have a winner. Sha works just like Baradin Hold with an autoroll component, and the bonus coin will never give you a piece of loot that didn't already drop and go to someone else. So if you get a piece of loot from Sha, don't use a coin or you'll probably get another pair of legs of the same spec.
    I joined as resto druid, and won gloves for healing. Used a coin, and won leggings for healing.

I've gotten 2 drops for Sha on my Druid. Once when I was Boomkin I got caster DPS gloves. Then the next week I went in as Resto and got healing pants. For Druids at least it seems to be based on your spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasser1995 View Post
    Earlier this day i was in a raid grp and we killed sha of anger. I was speced prot, but assigned as dps by a mistake (was still in prot spec). When we killed the boss i got tier 14 legs YAY, the only problem is i got it for arms?. Any help here?
    Blue has stated many times that Sha should give you loot based on your spec, not role. You should report it as a bug.