Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Searing Pain would be another casted spell, I was thinking about a different spell, so the monotony of spamming Incinerate turns more enjoyable. I still like the idea of a short (2 sec?) Channeled Flamethrower-like (animation) spell that deals damage every 0.5 sec and generates a set amount of Embers, maybe 2 and 3 or 4 if one of the hits crits, and it would cost a lot of mana, so you only cast it at the beginning of a fight and after Chaos Bolts or moments where you stop casting for whatever reason (like being CC'ed, phase transition in boss fights...)

Searing Pain would work too. I would prefer Soul Fire though if it must be a casted spell (with reduced cast time of course), such awesome animation, and it fits the whole Destruction niche, as it always crits and increases damage with critical strike rating, so those spikes (outside of DS+4Chaos) would be dangerous enough, but would also burn a lot of mana.
    I think that Soul Fire should be the spell with lots of spike damage but a DPS loss in the long run. In other words, you'd use it specifically to create pressure when your opponent is CC'ed or something (think Ring of Frost on melee).

10+ Year Old Account
    Searing Pain would be another casted spell, I was thinking about a different spell, so the monotony of spamming Incinerate turns more enjoyable. I still like the idea of a short (2 sec?) Channeled Flamethrower-like (animation) spell that deals damage every 0.5 sec and generates a set amount of Embers, maybe 2 and 3 or 4 if one of the hits crits, and it would cost a lot of mana, so you only cast it at the beginning of a fight and after Chaos Bolts or moments where you stop casting for whatever reason (like being CC'ed, phase transition in boss fights...)

Searing Pain would work too. I would prefer Soul Fire though if it must be a casted spell (with reduced cast time of course), such awesome animation, and it fits the whole Destruction niche, as it always crits and increases damage with critical strike rating, so those spikes (outside of DS+4Chaos) would be dangerous enough, but would also burn a lot of mana.
    i actually suggested the same thing in regards to soul fire earlier in the thread. dunno why demo got to keep it and it was taken away from destro as it fits better theme-wise... anyway, like i had said earlier, tie SF to embers and make it always crit and possibly leave a dot if needed to nerf the upfront dmg for pvp, move CB back to an 8 sec cd and nerf its dmg by half and allow it to crit if an immolate is present

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I think that Soul Fire should be the spell with lots of spike damage but a DPS loss in the long run. In other words, you'd use it specifically to create pressure when your opponent is CC'ed or something (think Ring of Frost on melee).
    Exactly, it can be a dps if you don't take care of your mana, but it's a great way to create those spike damage moments Destro needs outside of Dark Soul.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    i actually suggested the same thing in regards to soul fire earlier in the thread. dunno why demo got to keep it and it was taken away from destro as it fits better theme-wise... anyway, like i had said earlier, tie SF to embers and make it always crit and possibly leave a dot if needed to nerf the upfront dmg for pvp, move CB back to an 8 sec cd and nerf its dmg by half and allow it to crit if an immolate is present
    That could work too, I would vote any day to get back Soul Fire as Destruction's atomic damage spell (it looks and fits better for Destro, Chaos Bolt is too demonic imo), but Soul Fire is already a Demonology spell, so it's better we get Demonology's Soul Fire Version and keep the current Chaos Bolt.

I think my propose (either Soul Fire or Flamethrower) could be a really nice addition to Destruction without making a DPS increase or loss, as it'd a spell that costs lots of mana, so spamming it or chaining it woudn't be possible, cause if you do you'll end waiting for mana to come back, but it could be used in moments were you need to create preassure in PvP or when you're mana flooded in PvE or combined with procs or Bloodlust.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my propose (either Soul Fire or Flamethrower) could be a really nice addition to Destruction without making a DPS increase or loss, as it'd a spell that costs lots of mana, so spamming it or chaining it woudn't be possible, cause if you do you'll end waiting for mana to come back, but it could be used in moments were you need to create preassure in PvP or when you're mana flooded in PvE or combined with procs or Bloodlust.
    it would be nice to have a resource dump in pve I more often mana capped than mana starved, it feels wierd compared to so many other resource classes

I'd love a channeled Flamethrower spell. I'm not sure if it would fit in very well though... plus we already have alot of spells as it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the more I read and think about this whole thing, it just looks like a bunch of thrashing about to find a replacement to Death Coil. I mean, it was a 3 minute cooldown that would get melee of your face if you needed it, or could be used offensively to complete a CC chain to finish someone off.

*shrug*
    Death Coil should be used to Heal, not just cc.

I see some baddies use it when they're at full health.

Such a waste.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'd love a channeled Flamethrower spell. I'm not sure if it would fit in very well though... plus we already have alot of spells as it is right now.
    Lmao, sir you just won the internet.

If we received a new spell called 'Flamethrower' , I'd prob have a gastric bypass.

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Death Coil should be used to Heal, not just cc.

I see some baddies use it when they're at full health.

Such a waste.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 06:01 PM ----------

Lmao, sir you just won the internet.

If we received a new spell called 'Flamethrower' , I'd prob have a gastric bypass.
    Not sure if trolling...

Not sure if trolling...
    No, he's just like that.

I will burn your soul.

Going to "tone down" the cataclysm visual very soon.

Deleted
    Going to "tone down" the cataclysm visual very soon.
    I guess you are talking about the ground effects, the final explosion could use a better effect imo.

make it green...

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    make it green...
    no!!! Orange wins!!! (sorry, orange fire fan here :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    make it green...
    that would look so awesome

Pretyy sure the Codex will dye it green, like all our other spells

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    No, he's just like that.
    lmao.

thanksss.......

("-.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I guess you are talking about the ground effects, the final explosion could use a better effect imo.
    Agreed...the only decent looking part of the spell are the ground effects.

I will burn your soul.

Just being random but I thought it would be cool if the spell was like a chaotic "vacuum" for 3 sec soaking up chaotic energy before exploding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Just being random but I thought it would be cool if the spell was like a chaotic "vacuum" for 3 sec soaking up chaotic energy before exploding
    How would you animate a vacuum?

10+ Year Old Account
    like Erudax's Shadow Gale only toned down?

Like a black hole, you cannot see a blackhole but you can see a blackholes effect on light and matter around it.

The current version of Cataclysm applies the F&B version of Immolate instead of the full-strength one.