Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    I raid 25m so I can't say, but STR food doesn't really do much anymore since most of your AP comes from vengeance.
    Well with kings, 1 parry = 1.03 strength, so it gives a little avoidance and a tiny dps boost. Its not a bad food choice imo.

300 strength gives 600 AP. while tanking you may have around 100k AP (depending on the fight). In this circumstance, Str food would increase your AP by 0.6%.

im realy dissapointed
    i have been tanking since ICC with my DK evrything...
    but DK as tank is just not working if your going for ranking
    Evry content has a boss where you go -> lawl DK sucks in this boss.

ulduar it was algalon hitting to fast..
    FL -> the spider and gatekeeper
    DS -> spine hc pre nerf.. yeah tanking 50 adds with no shield

So now Gara'jal is not realy a probleme for ME but the raid gets ***** i have a ton of selfheal and all but in 10 man raid you go like
    100-170k hits as DK + 2-3 random shadowbolts = dead..

so last week i logged from my itlvl 375 +/- DK on my 360 tank warrior.. oh what a joke now with shield block you dont take more then 100k hits and Yeah thats a huge difference

with my tank DK i know all cooldowns by hearth i looked for the best CD rotation almost 100% uptime of CD's then HoP from paladin but the few seconds where i had no cooldowns ( most time on the 2nd totem or 3rd ) depending on absorb from priest + boneshield uptime ect.. it was just REALY REALY depressin .

Finaly after 4 years of tanking with my DK i was so pissed that i decided to reroll tank warrior even if i love MY DK i think that its just way to much trouble and will allways be like that.. :/
    My first toughts about warrior is just that shield block is way to strong. Critblock is just a joke when you take 30k dmg 70 blocked

I meen i REALY love my DK i would love to tank with him but the trouble pre-nerf is just not worth it.
    After if you dont care about "FAST" progression or are just playing normal DK is realy fun and viable but if you have a DK and need 3 days longer to kill a boss ist just sad if your progress and ranking oriented

I tryed going full avoid parry / dodge gems + reforge but not realy think its worth it loosing 3.X k of mastery for 3,X% of avoid
    Darkmoon trinket is realy sweet now with 1 mon CD and a PRIEST with absorb shield is just awesome for a tank DK on this fight to keep up boneshield longer ( -20% dmg ) and you dont loose charges if absorb

Rouge, did you try my DS timing adjustment to place shield before and after shadowy attacks? This would prevent your voodoo'd members from being 2 shot in <2 seconds and give your healers a bit more of a chance to get them back up. DKs are definitely not ideal for this fight, but if you adjust your playstyle just a bit you can pull it off.

yeah did try , guess the other probleme was that we tryed 2 healing it ( no smithe disci ^^ )

even tryed full reforging avoid but well -3k mastery for like 3.x dodge /parry not realy worth it in my opignon

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    im realy dissapointed
    i have been tanking since ICC with my DK evrything...
    but DK as tank is just not working if your going for ranking
    Evry content has a boss where you go -> lawl DK sucks in this boss.
    If you're pushing for progress you're going to have to deal with not being the best choice for every boss, and you're going to have to deal with getting subbed out sometimes.

That's all there is to it, "bring the player, not the class" doesn't apply to guilds doing hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    If you're pushing for progress you're going to have to deal with not being the best choice for every boss, and you're going to have to deal with getting subbed out sometimes.

That's all there is to it, "bring the player, not the class" doesn't apply to guilds doing hard modes.
    Was going to say this. Go take a look at Blood Legions Death Knight tank and you will see he was sat for Spiritbinder progression. Please stop complaining about one fight the 2nd week it is out. DKs are the strongest tank for most of the fights but you feel the need to complain because we are not the best for this one fight.

I'm not 100% convinced riggs sat out solely because DKs aren't good for the fight. In my opinion it was more due to monks being awesome for it on top of DKs being bad for it, and since he had a monk alt it only made sense to use that toon. Not all of us have 90 monks and as I said before, DK tanks can tank this encounter with proper cooldown/abilites management. It's a horrible fight for us, so you shouldn't feel bad if you can't pull it off or if your raid just decides to sit you for a block tank out of principle, but it is do-able. And honestly it's a pretty fun challenge. We've had it on easy street for a while, so it's kinda nice to have a fight that requires peak performance and cooldown use as well as having to adapt to a new way of using death strike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Yeah, hit and exp had crossed my mind. Was already using STR food. I averaged around 40k DPS each attempt. What are some of you pulling on 10man?
    Logs are fucked unless you are self logging since the shadow realm acts as a different place so you are either "out of range" or the logger is. We killed it last night on a try where my dps was so so, here are our logs (i'm holysquire), we have a lot of them from wipes on Sunday and then a multiple POV logs for our kill yesterday.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/44210/

I actually geared for more avoidance than mastery and ensured a pretty decent cooldown rotation alongside healer cooldowns and our kill was very smooth. I was focused on DPSing during lust (while fixated which meant I tanked for the frenzy).

On pull i did around 98k DPS for our kill, but a lot of the wipes had me at over 100, with the higest around 112k. I used fallen crusader, the Scholo exp+on use trinket and was hit/exp capped. My opener went:

HoW, Pot, Taunt, (i think) DS, DS, HS, DPS trinket, DRW, outbreak (double diseases), [ensure ROTF is active], ghoul, ERW, DS, army then focused on cooldown rotation and survival to allow healers to DPS as much as possible.

If you are focusing on maximising raid DPS, try to help out on a few things as much as possible:
    - Refresh diseases before banishment (i specced into rolling blood), sometimes it spread to spirit totems too
    - Use outbreak in the shadow realm (it should be up for every banishment, even if you use it at the start)
    - Use soul reaper on your Severer around 50-60% and swap off it as soon as you know SR will kill it
    - DND, disease, BB the adds as much as you can
    - soul reaper boss from 35%. Sounds obvious but sometimes you only remeber to once he frenzies

After popping up, i focused on getting the biggest blood shield possible. I IBF'd at start of my second set of tanking and blood shield lasted forever (and is back up towards middle of frenzy).

If you have a paladin, ask them to spec into clemancy so you can double sac regularly or double bop in the fight. I saved one BOP for the start of the enrage, that way healers were ready to heal up the linked dolls and put shields/illuminated healing on me

Don't forget to AMS to stop add damage and AMZ the raid if specced. Our video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aGwAQBy4YI&feature=plcp

Good luck!!
    Last edited by mmocfc10ef1286; 2012-10-23 at 05:38 PM.

I'm not 100% convinced riggs sat out solely because DKs aren't good for the fight.
    monks being awesome for it on top of DKs being bad for it
    Um what.... You said in your response Monk tank > DK tank hence why they did not use said DK tank.

Deleted
    yes but it is the same guy playing both chars. As Reniat pointed out, if monks are so superior to DKs on this fight, why not cheeze mechanics as much as possible if you are rushing for world first kills.

Yeah i meant "riggs sat his DK" not "riggs sat". I doubt they'd bench the raid leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    thats the probleme

Even if i know we can kill this boss with my DK , but loosing 1 or 2 days because we dont have the "BEST" choice of tank.. is just a sad reality .
    I dont want my guild to loose 50 or even 200places of ranking just cause im playing the wrong class .
    This is not the first time we have bosses like this where we could just kill the boss 10 times faster with an other setup.
    And evry content.. there is a boss that hates DK's ^^
    Ill just go for the other option and reroll a tank with shield and play my tank DK in the twink raid

All this i maybe our fault we are a 10 man guild and only have 1 tank ( my DK )
    the 2nd tank is a feral DPS just tanking where we need 2 tanks
    Im not going to cry or insult blizz for this , its not easy to balance the game or the classes ^^ And the main reason why im gonna roll warrior after all these years is just cause ,there is no way to balance the game and the classes , i know there is nobody to blame and on the other side i dont even care if i play warrior , dk , druid or anything else as long as i can tank

Il just play the DK on the twink raid cause well i still love the class ^^
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2012-10-25 at 04:49 AM.

We run it with a 3 healer tactic. Pop hero in start and everyone does DPS for the duration of hero, also has the paladin tanking in the start because he will normally end up tanking in the end. Paladins can also bubble you without any issue. You won't lose aggro and take no physical damage for its duration

This fight is near impossible to do in 10 man with a DK tank at the current gear level ~480. You need to 2 heal (or 3 heal and have an amazing smite spec'd priest) to beat the enrage. We've been wiping on it for a fair while and next raid our Feral druid will be playing guardian and Blood DK will be playing Frost.

Deleted
    Just did this fight on 25 hc as tank, didn't feel too difficult at all if you communicate cds well and have great uptimes on the dmg reductions, if that happens then they should all align perfectly with the banishment and then again when you start tanking again, its just about communication.

Utilizing BoP's, PS/GS, Sac, Ironbark etc will make this fight so much easier for you and your voodoo dolled raiders.

I also stacked parry for this fight and managed to avoid 8/10 of the shadowy attacks which also helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    I also stacked parry for this fight and managed to avoid 8/10 of the shadowy attacks which also helped a lot.
    So you managed to stack 80% parry+dodge - lvl diminish + DRW uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by r_deniel View Post
    So you managed to stack 80% parry+dodge - lvl diminish + DRW uptime?
    I think he means "managed to avoid 8 to 10 of the shadowy attacks". With 8 seconds between each one he would have to have only been tanking for 1.3 minutes out of the ~6 minute minute fight in order to only have received 10 shadowy attacks.

As for me, more comfortable became reforging to avoidence. We didn't have priest, paladins. I found less damage incoming, easier to maintain blood shiled.

depends on how good your dps are, you might need to reforge to hit cap, use str food/flask and FC on weapon.

on our kill, which i did just that. do not bother with exp to cap, rune strike cannot be parry/dodge/block and DS cannot be parried.just sub out HS to BB and soul reap. I still used HS when i was coming out of the spirit realm while current tank not banished, therefore have little to no vegeance. but you can pretty much use BB the whole fight with maybe a 1% dmg lost.

we had 2 pally in raid, one was the MT whom took the boss to sub 20%, and hence is subject to more dmg taken, but if you look at my healing taken, being a DK on this fight might result in more dmg done on the voodoo dolls and is not "optimal" for those racing world 1st. it is by no means not viable. we also require one of the least amount healing IF you can time your DS so that the dmg you take is "smooth" rather than spiky, which is the main cause of panic for healers whom may uses a fast/expansive heal on you instead of your DS doing the healing.

near the end, our shadow priest died while voodooed with me, due to me running out of CDs and the pally who could bop me stuck in spirit realm, the dmg taken by me spiked (no parry/dodge on the shadow attack) and healers was not used to that. this was our first kill and its not perfect by any means, but it is very doable with DK.

cant link world of log report just yet. you can just look <annihilnus> -US cenarius