Thread: affli low dps

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

affli low dps

Well, the hours I raked in diskucích (mmo champion, guide, etc.) and I coached rotation hours for drinks and always got 33000 dps, not more.

I watched the rotation on youtube, I do exactly what he does. But of course I have less dps and I do not see myself

Or those IVL 460 33,000 normal? I have everything reforge, enchant and gems.

I feel that I'm doing wrong rotation :/

They told me that I should give a single 50 ka more. First give woidvalker, then use sacrifice and give buff spell, I start the SS SB, Haunt and malefic - after the expiry dots Agony, Unstable Corruption and restore. A round.

But I do not know how to properly use the rotation, I'm doing wrong, so I ask the timing dots Agony, Corruption and Unstable must constantly keep time? must not expire and then again? at Haunt too? yeah when cast malefic also?

My armory: Henrietta

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let dots expire, our pandemic skill allows us to refresh early.

Deleted
    I know. dots hold still time and I do not know why I still have a few dps

Deleted
    being hit capped will make a difference i'm sure

Edit: is armory bugged or did you reforge into expertise? xD

Deleted
    I tried to change the hit cap, haste and mastery. I put haste at 10% and I fell a little hit cap, without result, then I lowered further haste, then I increased mastery, again to no avail, and then I tried to hit cap, either.

I do not even know where I'm wrong :/

Quote Originally Posted by samcaekz View Post
    being hit capped will make a difference i'm sure

Edit: is armory bugged or did you reforge into expertise? xD
    Expertise = hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Don't let dots expire, our pandemic skill allows us to refresh early.
    Do not simply refresh your dots too early, you want to reset them with around 3 seconds left, the more refreshes you use, the more GCD you are wasting, when you gould be grasping. Also, at the start pre pot... then you wanna use dark soul, haunt.. then once you have your dots half way. use burn to instant dot. From there refresh last second, and keep haunt up. you want to chain your haunts, never ever be at four shards. Multi dot. and never ever ever let agony fall off. Also the more drain souls you can throw on a dieing add to grab some shards the better
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    Expertise = hit.
    so reforge and gem hit? reforging is all over the place and still below spell hit

Try Ovale Spell priority addon, it will suggest you what spell to cast at what time. Replace default script with one in my signature.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Do not simply refresh your dots too early, you want to reset them with around 3 seconds left, the more refreshes you use, the more GCD you are wasting, when you gould be grasping. Also, at the start pre pot... then you wanna use dark soul, haunt.. then once you have your dots half way. use burn to instant dot. From there refresh last second, and keep haunt up. you want to chain your haunts, never ever be at four shards. Multi dot. and never ever ever let agony fall off. Also the more drain souls you can throw on a dieing add to grab some shards the better
    zkoušel jsem to, myslím si, že budu muset snažit víc naučit. Ale může se stát, že jsem udělal chybu někde jinde a nebo špatná rotace:/

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NormadSoulII View Post
    zkoušel jsem to, myslím si, že budu muset snažit víc naučit. Ale může se stát, že jsem udělal chybu někde jinde a nebo špatná rotace:/
    sorry. english:

I tried it, I think I'll have to try harder to learn. But it may be that I made a mistake somewhere, or bad rotation :/

Are you doing 33k on dummies or heroic boss's?

I was holding a steady 40K+ at 450 item level. Im around 464 item level now and am doing 80k burst at the start of the fight and settleing around 55-65k at the end of the fights.

Are you using you trinkets, DS, whatever to boost your dots at the start of the fight? A lot of our dps comes from the big burst then keeping everything up. make sure you watch your stacks of agony, you want to have ten thru the entire fight.

my opener is as follows.

pop trink, haste from Herbing, and DS, SB->SS, haunt,MG MG MG, haunt. then keep your dots up, let agony get close to ending so you get the last tick and refresh unstable affliction at 3 seconds left. make sure youre using MG a lot. When I was first struggling with aff for thsi exp it was cus I wasnt using MG enough, i was trying to keep haunt up by using drain sould to get shards back. Dont worry about haunt so much, if you can keep it up fine but dont go out of your way to keep it up

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/affliction

Follow this guide.

As for tips, I will list some below that have helped me. I have pretty good gear now 470+ and average about 60-80k in heroics 50-60k on dummy.

- Keep all dots up and always refresh if >5sec BEFORE placing haunt on the target.
    - Avoid hard casting any dots while haunt is on the target instead only channel malific grasp.
    - If you notice any major trinket, weapon enchant, class CD abilities activate refresh all dots.
    - Try to avoid using soul swap active (when glyphed) instead use soul shards to place dots on each target and swap only when you run out of shards. Once you become proficient you can fully dot 5 mobs in about 4sec and by this time you would have proced another shard to place a haunt on one (after a fel flame to refresh) and channel malific grasp/drain soul.

Hope this helps.
    More pew pew less QQ

Also, I assume youre using cure of elements right?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do NOT need to hit cap with affliction. Your stat priority is INT>SP>Mastery>haste>HIT>CRIT
    Some people are claiming that 10% haste is a dps increase due to getting an extra tick of corr and UA under Blood Lust/Dark Soul:Misery.
    In this case your priority is INT>SP>Haste to 10%>MAstery>haste>hit?Crit

On our Elegon kill the other night, the other affliction lock did 111k dps with something like 8% hit (stacking mastery instead). I did 101k dps with hit cap. He only missed 8 casts I think.

Do not gem for hit!

As others have said start the fight by pre-potting, dark soul, haunt, SB:SS, MG filler and refresh dots and haunt as needed.
    Save your doomguard for bloodlust and also note he does more damage to targets with less than 20% health (use him wiesely).

Do NOT let Agony fall off. Otherwise the stacks reset and you lose meaningful dps.
    Refreshing dots is not a dps loss as long as the dot has less than half of its duration less. For example, if a dot has 18 second duration, you can recast it at 9 seconds or less. You should be able to refresh your dots between MG casts (without interrupting MG) due to Pandemic.

Interrupt MG to refresh haunt. Haunt has a cast time + a travel time, so you may want to refresh it with approx 3 seconds left or so.

Note:: Recast your dots when under blood lust or dark soul:misery. also recast your dots right before misery/blood lust falls off. In other words, with about 4 seconds left on misery, you should recast corruption, agony, and UA or cast SB:SS if you have an extra shard.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Do not simply refresh your dots too early, you want to reset them with around 3 seconds left, the more refreshes you use, the more GCD you are wasting, when you gould be grasping.
    ...if you refresh under 50% of the duration you are losing zero GCD's, that's the whole point of pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    i too have horrible dps with Affliction, and i don't know why.

Deleted
    I found a mistake

First I had a little haste, I had to increase to 10% haste, hit lower then mastery.
    Second I still train with the rotation, now I finally have a stable 42 to dps.

So friends thanks so much for your help to me was invaluable advice and I hope that in time I'll improve.

IVL 460, 42 k, I can be satisfied just upgraded and it is )

Quote Originally Posted by cronix View Post

Follow this guide.

As for tips, I will list some below that have helped me. I have pretty good gear now 470+ and average about 60-80k in heroics 50-60k on dummy.

- Keep all dots up and always refresh if >5sec BEFORE placing haunt on the target.
    - Avoid hard casting any dots while haunt is on the target instead only channel malific grasp.
    - If you notice any major trinket, weapon enchant, class CD abilities activate refresh all dots.
    - Try to avoid using soul swap active (when glyphed) instead use soul shards to place dots on each target and swap only when you run out of shards. Once you become proficient you can fully dot 5 mobs in about 4sec and by this time you would have proced another shard to place a haunt on one (after a fel flame to refresh) and channel malific grasp/drain soul.

Hope this helps.
    Is that guide correct? The stat prioritization and gem selections don't seem right to me. Also no mention of pre-pot and a casual mention of dark soul not included in an opener.

www.icy-veins.com, simcraft and http://askmrrobot.com/ is all you need, pluss maybe a good dot tracker and quartz for clipping MG if your dots about to fall off. But that shouldnt be a problem when you have trained a little with pandemic!

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    You do NOT need to hit cap with affliction. Your stat priority is INT>SP>Mastery>haste>HIT>CRIT
    Some people are claiming that 10% haste is a dps increase due to getting an extra tick of corr and UA under Blood Lust/Dark Soul:Misery.
    In this case your priority is INT>SP>Haste to 10%>MAstery>haste>hit?Crit

On our Elegon kill the other night, the other affliction lock did 111k dps with something like 8% hit (stacking mastery instead). I did 101k dps with hit cap. He only missed 8 casts I think.

Do not gem for hit!

As others have said start the fight by pre-potting, dark soul, haunt, SB:SS, MG filler and refresh dots and haunt as needed.
    Save your doomguard for bloodlust and also note he does more damage to targets with less than 20% health (use him wiesely).

Do NOT let Agony fall off. Otherwise the stacks reset and you lose meaningful dps.
    Refreshing dots is not a dps loss as long as the dot has less than half of its duration less. For example, if a dot has 18 second duration, you can recast it at 9 seconds or less. You should be able to refresh your dots between MG casts (without interrupting MG) due to Pandemic.

Interrupt MG to refresh haunt. Haunt has a cast time + a travel time, so you may want to refresh it with approx 3 seconds left or so.

Note:: Recast your dots when under blood lust or dark soul:misery. also recast your dots right before misery/blood lust falls off. In other words, with about 4 seconds left on misery, you should recast corruption, agony, and UA or cast SB:SS if you have an extra shard.
    Great post, thank you.