Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I am looking forward to trying it as well. Light's hammer isn't cutting it on H blade lord.
    Execution sentence is awesome on blade-lord. Lights hammer is decent in the wind phase when everyone is stacked up behind the boss to get people up, but still prefer ES.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolzzy View Post
    I've messed with it in LFR this morning and it was one of my top heals i can't wait to use it tonight in raid!
    Which function did you find yourself using more - the single target heal that does AoE damage or the single target damage that does an AoE heal?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Which function did you find yourself using more - the single target heal that does AoE damage or the single target damage that does an AoE heal?
    Defiantly the single target damage that does the AOE heal. I don't even think i tried using it the other way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Thats what I am doing, but no timer, and I need a timer.
    Cant post links.

This is from curse

Paladin Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield Tracker

One thing people need to realize about holy prism is the amount of healing it can do to 5 people instantly. With crits, you'll be hitting for over 100k. Light's hammer is nice and all and can do a considerable amount of healing on some fights, Holy prism does a much better job at saving peoples lives. As a healer I see my job as keeping people alive not do more healing(while they are correlated), and on some fights where ranged are forced to stand far away from the boss the whole time Light's hammer is definitely the way to go. On fights where ranged come close to the boss I much prefer holy prism.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-im...e/?s=204&e=550

When everyone is at 20% hp, I would much rather heal 5 people for 100k instantly, than 20k to 5 people every couple seconds. Not to mention holy prism procs mastery, giving it a 25%+ boost in its healing. Holy prism has a shorter cd and saves lives making it my go to spell 75% of the time.

Maybe I'll give Holy Prism a go when we do our Amber Shaper pulls this weekend (normal mode progression, sorry we're not all-stars like I'm sure all you are). Seems like everyone is relatively bunched up a lot and with the constant damage bouncing it off the boss or monstrosity the whole fight might not be a bad idea. Might suck if it accidentally heals the debuff person though... hmmm...

Here are fights I found one useful over the other so far in 10 man. Do keep in mind that it does depend on the raid comp as well.

Mogushan Vaults:
    Stone Guard (H): Light's Hammer for when people are stacked in the middle. If you have amethyst, it may have diminished uses.
    Feng(H): Light's Hamer. There is A LOT of stacking on this fight. I can time it to use almost on CD.
    Garajal: For normal I use Light's Hammer, but I think on heroic I will try Holy Prism for burst when the other healer goes down with the totem.
    Spirit Kings: Light's Hammer, as it will help break people out of MC faster.
    Elegon: Light's Hammer, due to stacking on last phase and for add explosions.
    Quin-xi: Holy Prism is very useful on Combos, especially if you're dodging for achievement.

Heart of Fear:
    Vizier: Light's Hammer, a lot of stacking. You CAN use holy prism when people fail on attenuation however.
    Blade Lord: I use holy prism during knockback and as a self heal while running.
    Garalon: Due to high movement when we have a lot of melee, I use Holy Prism. When we are ranged heavy, Light's Hammer.
    Wind Lord: Toss up. Light's Hammer is nice during rain of blades, but so is Holy Prism. I would say HP would win out due to smaller CD and nicer burst, as the rain doesn't last long enough for everyone to stand in LH effect.
    Amber Shaper: I go with LH for stacking in last phase. Haven't tried HP here yet.
    Grand Empress: Again, depends on comp. Ranged are usually loosely stacked, so only about 3 will get the effect of LH. I usually toss it into melee. Last phase is also stack heavy.

Terrace:
    Protectors: Was absent both times.
    Tsulong: I prefer Holy Prism to LH here, only due to loose stacking around boss.
    Lei Shi: Holy Prism for when running during Get Away and splash.
    Sha of Fear: Holy Prism seemed very nice on the archers, especially when running orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quellious View Post
    Garajal: For normal I use Light's Hammer, but I think on heroic I will try Holy Prism for burst when the other healer goes down with the totem.
    Yes, now that prism heals the 5 lowest targets (i.e. dolls), it's imba on Garajal H.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Decided to try holy prism this week and wow, it is now amazing.

Changing it to a smart heal? Should have been this way since launch.

Melee taking damage? No problem bro, zap the boss and SHAZAM 100k+ heals all over.

I totally agree with the last few post on holy prism I'm in love with it now! I don't even wanna go back to Light's Hammer at all even thou fights like Heroic Elegon on the burn phase where a lot of AOE DMG is going out i think Light's Hammer will shine.

I just did a quick normal MSV earlier tonight and I stuck with prism the whole way, except on Feng and on emperor (went ret for Elegon since we didn't want three healers, but I prob would have used lights hammer on Elegon), and I enjoyed it a lot. The new changes are totally noticeable and really makes it a valuable tool now.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I agree with using Prism. I started using it when 5.1 hit and it's healing for 30% more, on average, than Light's Hammer was. You might sit on LH for over a minute trying to find a good time to use it, but HP is much more forgiving and ends up being more effective for the raid. By healing the lowest people, you provide more helpful healing and prevent deaths. It's the same as using LoD glyphed. It may end up lower healing overall, but it's putting large amount of healing into people who are more likely to die.

What sort of % of healing are people seeing using Holy Prism on optimum fights? I'm thinking about switching it in for heroic Stone Guards, where my Light's Hammer healing is only around the 6% mark due to high movement and not much stacking. But if Holy Prism isn't much better there's probably not a lot of point.

Holy Prism was always the cool choice. Frikken Lazorbeams man. Fuck ES, such a dull ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    I agree with using Prism. I started using it when 5.1 hit and it's healing for 30% more, on average, than Light's Hammer was. You might sit on LH for over a minute trying to find a good time to use it, but HP is much more forgiving and ends up being more effective for the raid. By healing the lowest people, you provide more helpful healing and prevent deaths. It's the same as using LoD glyphed. It may end up lower healing overall, but it's putting large amount of healing into people who are more likely to die.
    Sitting on LH for more than the entire cooldown is very infrequent event. Most boss mechanics that we use LH on rotate around a 1-1.5min timer. While fully cd'd a LH can heal for ~ 80% of a druid's tranquility, so it's a pretty strong heal. LH also uses 1/3 the gcd's per minute which is nice.

Holy Prism will be pretty substantial in cases where being unable to stack is an issue. First boss that comes to mind is Spirit Kings anything past the first boss in the rotation, as there is a lot of movement and LH can be wasted.

More than likely LH will still pull ahead in the majority of the fights in 25man. LH will also pull ahead in any instance where there is aoe healing needed and no mob to holy prism, e.g. blade lord p2 when topping the raid before running the gauntlet.

I'm fairly certain holy prism works like wild growth in that it can and will also target pets if they are lower health than your raid members, especially with it being limited to 15meters from the mob you prism. LH will also tick on pets but not being limited to 5 targets etc.

Deleted
    another advantage : you don't have to click twice to cast as i always find myself loving 1/2 a global when trying to chose where to throw the hammer down.
    alos from a prot perspective ( i know this is mostly holy aimed) having a "wog like heal" that is on a cd instead of being tied to holypower thats large when vengeance stackd isntead of a "tick every 2 secs for nothing" heal is much more desireable, spike of damg -> high vengeance -> larger instant heal from prism.

you have to almost pre-emptively throw the hammer due to travel time and the fact it's a hot.
    prism is on demand single ( or 5) person heal and as 20 secs ain't that long you can fit it easier into a rotation.

I tried Holy Prism out last night on our Grand Empress (normal) progression - I figured that while Light's Hammer may be helpful to heal up the tanks and our lone melee after explosions, since there's only 3 out of 10 that are in melee range, it loses some usefulness and it really didn't offer much in the add phase because of all the movement. Plus Light's Hammer is only up for every other explosion, much like Spirit Shell. Holy Prism served the same function, but was usable in kite phase plus while on the run, and can be used to burst solo heal someone who just was in a sonic zone plus instant 150k crits on a tank is always helpful, not to mention the cheap cost.

It worked well but I think I actually need to use it much more than I was. I might consider standing in melee range, or at least within 10 yards or so, so I can get some bounces.

Deleted
    Since it got changed to smart heal it's a lot more attractive. I think Lh is better for constant damage as long as you can place it properly (no melee move out etc/raid move). Prism is a lot more reactive and you can probably get more out of it if you time it perfectly. Empress explosion for example.