Exalted with Tillers - Question on Farm hands helping

So I'm exalted with Tillers, all 16 soil plots are unlocked, and I have Yoon as a voted-in member of the union (completed that quest chain). After all this, there is a quest at the Sunsong shrine that asks you to become best friends with a Tiller, and have them join you on the farm. I'm BFF with every Tiller and apparently you can only have 1 Tiller at your ranch at a time.

The question I have is: what the hell do they do?! I can't discern what each Tiller does because I can't discern any difference on my farm regardless of who is there "helping"! I've had Haohan there for about two days now and he has produced nothing. Is this a bug, some kind of strange companionship vanity, or am I missing something? I'm very curious.

I really don't think they do anything.
    Sho sits there and doesn't even help kill anything!
    Didn't expect her to, but she's so gung-ho about murder I was hoping.

I think it's a vanity thing. I picked Gina so I have the rep vendor on my own phased farm, instead of having 50 flagged people sitting on top of her.

Fairly certain they don't do anything, I keep the quartermaster there myself just because standing on npcs for hours at a time is the cool thing to do on my server.

Deleted
    They move from wherever they are standing before you invite them, to stand next to Yoon at your farm.

This can be used to get one of the out-lying dailies in a better position, or bring Gina into your farm for quick repairs on the way back from doing your dailies, things like that

The only two who provide any effect are Gina Mudclaw and Jogu the Drunk.

Gina lets you repair while Jogu sits on your farm so you're closer to him to find out what the next plant to get a bonus is.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    I think it's a vanity thing. I picked Gina so I have the rep vendor on my own phased farm, instead of having 50 flagged people sitting on top of her.
    That, and the repairs, is also why I chose Gina to be my farms helper.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do about as much work as Yoon. I still can't believe that lazy bastard is taking credit for all my hard work. Even the mail box has his name on it.

I wish I could kick him out.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    That, and the repairs, is also why I chose Gina to be my farms helper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    I wish I could kick him out.

Same here, on both these things.

Gina is helpful...and Yoon needs to be strapped to a goblin rocket and shot out of MY farm asap

Can the Farm Hand still give out his/her daily if it happens to his/hers that day?

I invited Jogu, just so its less of a walk to get to him and ask which plants are going to give more loot. Gina is the only other NPC that can provide being usefull, just to repair quicker. I never had to repair there after being done with the Tillers by hitting Exalted, so I've preferred asking Jogu.

For the rest, they do nothing. But now I never have to leave my farm to go to the market atleast. Such a small perk for so much work

Tina. She's got the hots for Yoon, so I'm trying to get them to hook up and make me some pint-sized farmhands I can order around.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    Can the Farm Hand still give out his/her daily if it happens to his/hers that day?
    If it's their turn to provide the daily, they'll leave your farm and stay at the market until the next daily reset (assuming they don't have more than one daily quest in a row to offer).
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Deleted
    I really hope there would be some bonuses from having a farm hand, ie. Sho really keeping pests away etc. Few times i had 7 pests simultaneously on my crops. And those fucking wild tentacles! I just HATE every button-smashing events and your Gnaw's cd is lower than their Slam sometimes...

Gotta wonder why you can't have multiple farmhands that are actually useful. Granted getting to exalted isn't tough, nor does it take an exceptional amount of time, but I expected them to do SOMETHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Gina so Yoon gets some.