Deleted

Sha of Fear 10N advice

Hello everyone,

my guild has finally killed Empress and cleared 3/4 TotES with no issues whatsoever. On Sha of Fear, however, we seem to be stuck a bit (we only had about 8 pulls but they didn't seem to be getting us anywhere).

Our raid comp: Bear/Prot Pala tank, HPriest/HPala healers, Fury Warrior, Rogue, Ele Shaman, Warlock, BM Hunter, Moonkin Druid (MS is Resto).

Now our main issue seems to be balancing DPS propperly. I'd say overall our DPS is pretty good, but on this fight we just can't seem to strike balance. Either we get overrun by the adds or the HP on Sha is going down too slowly.

Usualy we have about 10 seconds inbetween Panda platform sends, I suppose this could be faster aswell? Also, question about the Fearless buff - does it make you immune to the damage portion of the breath aswell, or just the fear? I read somewhere that it's only the fear, but if it's the damage aswell, I guess that would speed up the add killing.

Any other tips would be welcome!

Deleted
    Hello!

We killed sha normal without too much trouble and as far as tactics went on our sha normal kill we just had everyone on the sha platform dpsing adds until around 60% energy, then run back inside to dps sha for the remainder before breath, then just rinse and repeat on sha platform. We also have me who is playing an Spriest and a warlock who had dots up on sha as much as possible.

And yes you are immune to the damage portion of the breath aswell.
    I actually think you are immune to the damage with just a fear ward or a berserker's rage or other fear immunities, but don't quote me on that as I haven't had time to test that myself.

Hope that helps, best of luck!

With that buff what you get from killing panda you're immune to that breath dmg. You should just keep killing adds till the grp on pandalandia comes up and then switch to boss and leave adds for those guys who come up with that 50% dmg buff.

Deleted
    We only kill adds if there are 2 or more alive, and have the Fearless people focus on them if there are more than 3 alive when they arrive from the platform.
    Also a tip for the warrior at least; You can cleave the boss from the adds that spawn closest to him with WW-RB.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips. Just a quick quesiton, what is the CD on Omnious Cackle? If we use 3 min CDs on the Panda platform, will they be ready the next time you go back? Assuming you get sent in every other one of course.

You go back to a platform every 3 mins because my Xuen was available every time.

We did adds on priority until like 15% where we focused the boss, and we had one dps down for half the fight. I believe the major change we did was orb collection on platforms, add used to heal when tank got stunned and once we decided to all collect orbs it started to go a lot better.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Cackle happens every 90 seconds, which acts as a DPS check on the platforms. You must kill the crossbowman add within 90 seconds or you will wipe because the second group will be teleported and you'll have no tank in the light circle

A few tips:

Make sure everyone on the main Sha platform is dodging Penetrating Bolts cast by the adds. Each time you get hit, you take 100k dmg and get a 25% stacking damage taken debuff. It's just a normal Shadow Crash ability like Nightmares from Tsulong, so move out of the way throughout the entire fight. If you slack off on dodging Bolts, you will die.

The enrage timer is 15 minutes, so Hero at the start when everyone has their prepot + cooldowns up. Then Hero again when one group returns from the platform so they can take advantage of their Fearless buff.

The fight is VERY long, but it does not get harder the longer it goes (as long as adds don't pile up). You have 3 goals: good DPS on the crossbowman add platforms so they die before the next Cackle, kill adds on the main platform so they don't pile up and cover the whole place in Bolts, don't die to stupid avoidable damage like standing inside a Bolt or forgetting to hide for Death Blossom. Whenever the adds are in check, DPS the boss.

Last tip: It's a long fight, so DO NOT LOSE FOCUS at like 10%, or you will suffer through another 10+ minutes to get back where you were.