Dragon's Prophet - New F2P mmo coming 2013

So then , the North American trailer and site just went up for this game so i thought I might as well make a thread about it.
    http://www.dragonsprophetthegame.com/

"Dragon’s Prophet is a free to play fantasy MMO that tells the story of the relationship between humans and dragons. Set in the world of Auratia, explore the vast land as you attempt to fight, tame, and take flight of a wide variety of dragons as you take on this epic adventure which determines the world’s survival!
    Dragon’s Prophet is created by Runewaker Entertainment best known for developing the free-to-play MMO role-playing game Runes of Magic."

So it's essentially is a action based combat MMO were you can tame and ride dragons, kill giant monsters and all that fun stuff. The big battles remind me a lot of Monster hunter by the trailer.

Here are some quotes from the site about the game

Dragons Everywhere
    In a world shaped by dragon-kind, more than 300 unique dragons roam the lands. Fight, capture, train and ride them in order to unlock their unique skills and abilities.

Action-Based Combat System
    Dragon’s Prophet uses a unique auto-target and combo system to give players more realistic battle action gameplay. This system gives players a higher degree of control with a wider range of tactical options than traditional MMOs.

Beautiful Immersive World
    Players are transported to the breathtaking world of Auratia, which is filled with amazingly detailed landscapes. Mysteries, challenges and monsters await as players fight for their survival and that of the entire realm.

Extensive Housing System
    Let your imagination and expectations run wild. Players have complete control to construct epic structures that defy imagination. Let the decorating begin!

Frontier System
    Guild leaders rejoice! With this large-scale construction system, players have the ability to build their ultimate kingdom. By empowering your citizens and constructing a powerful military, true leaders will be able to create and sustain their very own empire!

Unique Player Classes
    In Dragon’s Prophet You can choose from four unique player classes to begin your journey into Auratia. Whether you like getting in close, popping an arrow into a dragon’s eye or blasting a group of goblins with ranged DPS, there is something for you!

Your Dragon Destiny
    The dragons you choose to capture shape your character and, ultimately, your fate. Will you be a legendary tank or a famous healer? Do you lead the charge or let your dragons bear the brunt of the fighting? Training the right dragons is the difference between life and death!
    Trailer:

...and on a side note, I just want to exclaim how happy I am to see we can make rough,scarred and grizzled characters.

So ya, that is all that is known so far. They have already started giving out beta keys which I like, even some first come first serve ones on twitter.
    So anyone think this can turn out well?
    Last edited by Throren; 2012-10-20 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post

So ya, that is all that is known so far. They have already started giving out beta keys which I like, even some first come first serve ones on twitter.
    So anyone think this can turn out well?
    If this had come out 2 or 3 years ago I'd say it could have a good shot at doing relatively well. Right now? I don't know. There are so many mmorpgs out right now, you have to have something to stand out from the crowd. At first glance this just looks like generic fantasy mmo #99541

But maybe they'll prove me wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The housing system intrigues me but like dooze said the market is saturated. Going to struggle to stand out.

RoM devs so...not too excited. SoE seems to be turning into one of the MMO megapublishers like Perfect World, gPotato, Alaplaya ect. A big library of overwhelmingly mediocre games that don't really stand out at all with 1-2 good games : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Been there, done that. MMO's need more than the typical warriors and wizards. Plus it's f2p. :/ 2013, Elder Scrolls Online, so far, is the only one that has my attention, still not sold on buying it though, need more information.

ya I know what you mean...does look a tad generic, but the empire building, house system and crap ton of dragons to ride/tame that affect your story might drive me to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Oh hell yea count me in

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh hell yea count me in
    Well you can sign up for the beta on their site :P Though of course if you get in you'll be under a NDA

more fantasy & dragons >.>

Edit: Watched the trailer.... nice idea's, will give it a go.. f2p after-all.
    Last edited by Himora; 2012-10-22 at 04:10 PM.

Dragon’s Prophet features complex dragon-capture and skill training system, non-targeting combat against towering monsters and a beautiful world.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Set in the world of Auratia, explore the vast land"
    am i the only who read this as-
    "Set in the world of Australia, explore the vast land"
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Taming dragons is a really cool concept. Depending how they deliver in that aspect, this game has potential to be pretty cool. Interested to receive more information regarding that part of the game. Like somebody else said, the game needs something to stand out.