Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Anyone else raid as destruction?

I feel like I'm the only raiding destro lock on WoW atm, I know it's the worst dps out of the 3 specs but I'm still able to do good dps and keep up with the other dps in my guild. So does anyone else raid as destro lock?

Deleted
    Not yet... I would really like to, since it has been my favourite spec since always.

About "keeping up with others in guild" as affliction you should be wayy infront of them unless they are mages.
    The above statement isn't entirely truthful, but you get the meaning.

Deleted
    I do ! I played only Destro since launch, currently facing a nice challenge on Spirit Kings HC

I raided as destro an it seemed to have very good numbers. Impressive to say the least.
    However, affliction and demonology still were ahead, and I like being top or as close to the top so I went with them.

Destro on Elegon is fun, really really fun.

Destruction is on par with other specs atm, so yeah, having fun with it. Once you get better gear, scaling makes Affliction superior, but before that happens.... double 500k CBs plx.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid as Destruction.

Have been away from the game seriously since we killed Nefarion back at the start of Cataclysm.

I have a lot of catching up to do before I burn out again

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I raid as Destruction.

Have been away from the game seriously since we killed Nefarion back at the start of Cataclysm.

I have a lot of catching up to do before I burn out again
    I leveled as Destruction as it was a lot of fun and stuff dies quick..

However for endgame, I find Destruction kind of dull. Once I got 90 I was pretty bored of it already, swapped to Affliction.. More DPS and its more fun, so it's a win-win situation for me.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    I've recently had to stop being a progression raider due to my work schedule, but I've been raiding as destro in LFR and the occasional pug and doing quite nicely. I've always enjoyed taking the least dps spec and topping meters with it. Granted, topping meters in LFR is really hard...*cough*.

Yea I've played destro for every normal and every heroic other than H Feng. Its single target certainly isn't as good as affliction or demo, but nearly every fight has something you can havoc. If played well you can be near top dps on every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcyborg View Post
    I feel like I'm the only raiding destro lock on WoW atm, I know it's the worst dps out of the 3 specs but I'm still able to do good dps and keep up with the other dps in my guild. So does anyone else raid as destro lock?
    That's great if you enjoy it. But you would do even better as affliction. There's a reason most people are playing affliction right now. But then I'm more of a 'want the highest possible DPS' player rather than a 'it does well enough' player.

Deleted
    There's a reason most people are playing affliction right now.
    ^
    Yup, Simcraft's single target rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    ^
    Yup, Simcraft's single target rankings.
    Hello Zumzum,
    You're very recognisable from WoL rankings from Cata to current content as destro and I have massive respect for your gameplay, but in your honest opinion do you think the spec is competitive with affliction or even demo?

Deleted
    Hey
    In my honest opinion the spec is competitive if you can play with its strengths :
    - synchronize CB/SB and your various buffs
    - Shadowburn
    - Havoc
    Without those assets, the spec is pretty much garbage. Luckily none of the Heroic fights of MSV are single target fights so you can be very competitive if you get the most out of Havoc and Shadowburn. I believe there is currently no heroic fight where you can't beat an Aff/Demo lock but I have yet to prove it on Spirit Kings (we can't seem to be able to kill those one day...) & Elegon
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-10-22 at 12:01 AM.

Yeah I do. For me I personally suck at affliction and demo isn't much better. that and my reforge would be total cluster fuck if I moved from my GoSac build
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    im using demo in raids and its doing more damage then destro for me
    alot of people arent playing demo right just a few times resetting corruption outside of demon form kills ur damage
    plus refreshing doom with crit trinket procs and making sure ur not using the imp glyph
    with high crit and mastery and refreshing doom when my crit trinket is up allows me to have a ton of imps out at once
    im also using grim suprem instead of service on most fights unless i need the burst

Destruction is very competitive if you're an attentive player. You don't have to be playing the "potential #1 highest spec" to do great dps.

Since no one is talking about this, I really wana play as Destruction as the main DPS spec, I am currently Demonology and have somewhat mastered it.

Will the improvement to Conflagrate granting Embers provide a DPS increase?
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Destruction is very competitive if you're an attentive player. You don't have to be playing the "potential #1 highest spec" to do great dps.
    That means that the damage difference with the other specs should not be that big as we see in sims and parses? Or means that it will scale better that we see it will? Or that with the changes announced, apart from conflagrate ember gen we'll have to RoF in single target? What, anyway?

Sadly he just means, that if you're good at sniping adds with shadowburn <20%, and abuse the 'mechanic' that lets you shadowburn >20%hp mobs with havoc while doing so you'll do fine-ish on current fights. If a patchwerk happens later on - respec.
    Last edited by whi; 2012-10-22 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    It would be interesting to know your opinion about that Xelnath : do you really think Destruction is equivalent to the other specs on a single target fight ? Because I really doubt it, its strength is clearly the cleaving/execute (like you said you wanted it at the end of the beta), on a single target fight I would probably not be at the top of my raid.