Page 1 of 2
LastLast

English realms connected to Italian?

Any idea why?
    So far I've had the worst possible experience with player from those two Italian realms, Nemesis and Pozzo dell’Eternità.
    They (most of them) do not speak English, play bad, and it's nearly impossible to explain them that DPS really should not use Righteous Fury (just one example, there are many cases) since it's called different on their screens!

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 01:11 PM ----------

Just found this:

Posted by Zhydaris
    In order to ensure minimal queue times when using the Dungeon or Raid Finder tools, both Italian-language realms will be part of the same queues as the English-language realms.

Well fuck me, I'm being forced to babysit those noobs.

WowHead has a nice option called link. if you click on it, it will generate a script that will link the item/spell/whatever in game. If you use that in game link, it will translate. And using simple ideas and words that are common across several European languages, you can communicate decently.

For example: (name of baddie) no (in game link of spell/item/etc)

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 07:14 AM ----------

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:25780\124h[Righteous Fury]\124h\124r");

in game script to link Righteous Fury

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 07:16 AM ----------

Unfortunately, most of my LFD issues come from Ragnaros. It has a high population of Spanish-speaking players, and also a lot of baddies. I have had to attempt to tell a Ragnaros hunter to turn off their pet's growl MANY times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why they do this either. We wiped several times on the same boss in a LFR because the offtank was brazilian and didn't speak english so no one could explain the fight to him. He was kicked only to be replaced by another brazilian tank that also didn't speak english...
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    WowHead has a nice option called link. if you click on it, it will generate a script that will link the item/spell/whatever in game. If you use that in game link, it will translate. And using simple ideas and words that are common across several European languages, you can communicate decently.

For example: (name of baddie) no (in game link of spell/item/etc)

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 07:14 AM ----------

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:25780\124h[Righteous Fury]\124h\124r");

in game script to link Righteous Fury

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 07:16 AM ----------

Unfortunately, most of my LFD issues come from Ragnaros. It has a high population of Spanish-speaking players, and also a lot of baddies. I have had to attempt to tell a Ragnaros hunter to turn off their pet's growl MANY times.
    Well I'd like to say "turn off Righteos Fury" and that's it, not link some weird scripts found on internet to explain him he's playing wrong. Which would be the case if he was from english realms.

Can't say I really see the point in having separate realms for different languages and then linking them together.

10+ Year Old Account

OH lawdy, don't even get me started on Ragnaros.

Yep, most of them are atrocious players. Had a Scarlet Halls group the other day and (thankfully) I carried the whole group on my dk, was top on healing, damage done and 3rd on damage taken (I don't know how it's even possible, but hey).

Deleted
    Blizz opinion seems to be you don't need communication in lfg > less people queuing for lfg.

yea tend to get em a lot but never ever had and bad issues with em. i mean never had bad issues in these "heroics". have been reading in here how players from these realms sucks and they dont speak english etc etc bla bla but personaly didnt have that impresion. quite opposite, they are rare ones that usually say hi at the start of dungeon

Deleted
    The noobs I meet speak a wide variety of languages. Also English.

It's LFD, you have to realize the chances.

lucky you, all I get grouped with are those "no inglisho" and no skillzito.

The solution to this problemo will be further nerfs to LFD content.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    That's going to suck.. if only they would bother speaking English. It's not just the Italians though, plenty of other nationalities.

Can't say I really see the point in having separate realms for different languages and then linking them together.
    Agreed, rather silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Well then they get the game in their language, you know... all the words etc., since they don't know English, it's good to them, sucks for us.

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 03:52 PM ----------

well holy fuck, the moment I create this topic and complain, I join LFD with 4 of them... nobody speaks English, hunter rolls need on every single item, other hunter basically tanks, because tank is well.. running around.
    Last edited by Tokas; 2012-10-21 at 02:53 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'm from Well of Eternity (Pozzo dell'Eternità) and sadly i have to agree with you, most (nearly 95%) of players from both italian servers are bad and can't say a single word in english

think positive, i have to deal with italian kids every day as Crushridge (PvP server with a "good" name) had the free transfer along with us (Runetotem) to Well of Eternity -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Any idea why?
    So far I've had the worst possible experience with player from those two Italian realms, Nemesis and Pozzo dell’Eternità.
    They (most of them) do not speak English, play bad, and it's nearly impossible to explain them that DPS really should not use Righteous Fury (just one example, there are many cases) since it's called different on their screens!

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 01:11 PM ----------

Just found this:

Posted by Zhydaris
    In order to ensure minimal queue times when using the Dungeon or Raid Finder tools, both Italian-language realms will be part of the same queues as the English-language realms.

Well fuck me, I'm being forced to babysit those noobs.
    Probably not enough slaves to run LFR alone on English speaking realms any more, and now there's 1 less.., still having nightmares about encountering Portuguese in random dungeons, so no point repeating it with Italians.
    It is quite typical of blizzard though, they appear to be thinking more with their ass (Which must be fucking huge on dev-team) then their brains!

lucky you, all I get grouped with are those "no inglisho" and no skillzito.
    +1 LOL
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-10-21 at 03:29 PM.

Actually I haven't seen that many Italians lately, then again since MoP I've primarily been queueing with guildies. Before though I saw quite a few from Hakkar (iirc), doing exactly the same as described in this thread. No idea how to play, no idea of tactics and couldn't speak a word of English. I resorted to Google translate so many times just to explain the tactics, too bad they just didn't have a clue how to play.

Well I'd like to say "turn off Righteos Fury" and that's it, not link some weird scripts found on internet to explain him he's playing wrong. Which would be the case if he was from english realms.
    Spegnere Giusto Furore

^^ Google Translated "Turn off Righteous Fury"

Spegnere Giusto Furore

^^ Google Translated "Turn off Righteous Fury"
    Thanks However something is wrong with the game, if you're forced to use google translator to translate English -> Italian, in English game!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Righteous Fury in italian is "Giusta Furia" (had to ask guildies for the translation as i'm still playing with enGB client) so it will be "togli Giusta Furia" ("spegnere" is used with microwave/lights, we use two different words)

this is the result of the last istance done with a connational (setting sun):
    - nothing said
    - 1 death (got cleaved)
    - pro deeps (spinning crane from the first to the last mob of the istance)

edit: just did another random with my dk, a mage from nemesis did nothing for the whole istance and started spamming arcane explosion on Raigonn's adds when people asked for the achieve -.-
    Last edited by S7orm; 2012-10-21 at 10:54 PM.